• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Are Acolytes still being accepted by the 501st?

Darkravage

Hi

I don´t know this costume well, but I do know, that any style of a Sith hilt is acceptable as it says in the CRL - with a red blade  :wink:

But do take a look at others here on the forum, perhaps you can get some inspiration from their WIP.

Good morning,

Lightsabres are not a requirement. We do avoid hilts that obviously belong to other characters (Like Darth Vader) for canon portraits.

The first and an only assured canon event all 501st Legion members participate in is their Legion Portrait, which appears in your Legion profile.
sl61786_full.jpg
For this the Legion and this Detachment asks to use either a custom sabre in the ball park of the canon EU sabre or a replica of the canon sabre.
If the choice is between Darth Vader’s hilt and no sabre at all, it is preferred that no sabre be used for the portrait. Failing that the correct sabre hilt can be digitally manipulated into the Legion Portrait.

Be well,
Thomas

Also note, that a CRL is not a requirement for a new costume’s approval.

Having a Costume Reference Library entry does green light a costume’s path, but it is not required for a costume’s approval for 501st membership.

• Like 1

Hello!! Aye furthermore costumes that were cannon and turned Legends by Disney that were not made are still eligible to be created and submitted for Legion approval. So even if it never existed you can still make if you have the proper reference! :) 

Also note, that a CRL is not a requirement for a new costume’s approval.

Having a Costume Reference Library entry does green light a costume’s path, but it is not required for a costume’s approval for 501st membership.

You know, I realized that I didn't know what CRL stood for until you posed this.  Thanks!