• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My Revan WIP

blackrock

So last month, my Revan kit from Rob arrived.

5b7473388ea7563c4c5595c0623b7a36.jpg

After pouring through the threads here, I've been buying the items needed to improve the costume prior to submitting for approval. I still need to get laceless boots and I have three lightsaber on order.

Today, I started by replacing the keyrings that Rob installed on the bottom of the armor.

03fda7f48c89df3dc11657e5ab3894b4.jpg

I'll post more pics as I make more changes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Glad to see you've not only done your homework but you're already making some great upgrades!   

Keep it up, and let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Ugh... setback!

Was doing a wear test in prep for submitting my application photos and the rubber strap on the side of the armor broke.   :(

http://i.imgur.com/Bw1uYb4.jpg

So I am going to have to replace the silver/metallic looking rubber for the belt to the O-Ring.  I found this hide of metalic pewter leather for sale.  The leather should be many times stronger.

http://i.imgur.com/mYlmsSQ.jpg
What are your thoughts on using that leather?

If its around the same grain (thickness and type) of leather you should be alright, just make sure not to get a Leather thats to thin as youll be needing it to pull and hold :)

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I did order the leather, the whole hide was only $35, so not a huge investment if it doesn't work out perfectly and I need to go in another direction.

Thanks for your guys' support!  I am proud to say that my Darth Revan was approved!  Looking forward to doing some trooping with it this spring/summer.

Now to start working on a Darth Talon for my daughter who wants to join the Galactic Academy (and join me in costume at the Denver Comic Con).