• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte WIP Build Thread

SNK

Hello all.

This is going to be a long running and slowly updated thread, fair warning now.
No I have not lost interest, or dropped off the face of the earth - :P

I would like some of the costume mentors to chime in on this, and hopefully others that have successfully completed an Acolyte build and gotten Legion approval if that is not too much of a bother. Thanks in advance!

First up is the lightsaber:

It is a saber forge Champion tier Acolyte, weathered, with the Crimson (dark side) sound font. Internals are a 12W LED.

I assume that this will be OK - seeing as the CRL states:"Option: Any Sith-styled saber with a red blade is acceptable."
Please check me if I am incorrect in this assumption. The picture shows a non-weathered hilt, but the only difference is that mine will be a darker hilt. Currently on order from SF and I expect it within a few weeks.

045b3770-fa58-4916-872d-ba650471d37c_zps

My next question is in regards to the robes. I was looking here: Mystik Merchant. Has anyone dealt with them in the past - and if so what is their product like. I would order it without the bands as I would prefer to paint them myself - a few of the robes I have seen have the bands a bit too red for my personal preference and I would like to avoid that.

Anyways - thoughts on the accessories so far?
I have put out feelers to Mynock for his Armor Kit - I understand that it is a bit on the pricy side, but I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. However - that being said, I am also a firm believer in choices and options. Are there any other reputable kit vendors out there that I should look at? Any advice on that front would be excellent.

Thanks all!

• Like 1

i'm not a mentor, but i'll weigh in if i can.

my saber is from genesis so go nuts

as for the fabric, be careful painting i've not had success. but i've only tried a bit

my kit is a kw's base, and i made the modifications to it, the mask is from slave1pilot, but my giant head can't get the back half on without an ear amputation.

Yes, your saber would be fine.

I have a Garrison mate with this build and I adore these guys. MWA makes a Sith aco I thought??

Also mystic merchant looks good you can always ask em to tone it down or send them a Pantone of color for them to use

Thanks for the reply!

I think I'm going to go with their robe - and I've paid for Mynock's armor kit!

Just in the nick of time too - he's not taking any more orders until his current backlog of the cast and new ABS kits are cleared according to his FB page.

Really looking forward to the lightsaber!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk