• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Maris Brood Costume (Gotta get it done by Halloween!!!)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi!!!

So, I'm making my Maris Brood costume, with a little help from my friends. My husband and I are both working on making the tonfa lightsabers right now. I just received the tubes, hooray! I already bought the crazy contact lenses and the whiteish-grey body paint. My friend Christine will be braiding my hair, we're doing a trial run tonight, so I'll post pics of the trial tomorrow (^.^)

For the pants and top, me and my friend Priti bought the material in downtown LA and we're stitching them so they're custom made. The part we're making is the leather chap part that goes over her pants, I think I'll just get some dark brown yoga type leggings. The for the boots, I'm buying them at DSW, so I can use them for other outfits besides my costume ;- )

I'll be posting more pictures soon, but I really hope I can pull this together for Halloween, because there is a costume contest at my work for $100

There isn't many pictures of Maris Brood out there but I'm using this one as reference:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starw ... ood_bg.jpg

Not sure if the image is gonna come up, but the link is there.

I'm also helping my husband work on his Republic Commando costume for Halloween, so it's getting pretty crazy.

Well, wish me luck, it's my first ever Star Wars costume.[/img]

Guest Anonymous
she is such an awesome character design!! can't wait to see your version. :)

So I had my trial braids done today, my friend Christine from Kenya braided my hair, and she wanted to see how my hair would behave the day before Halloween. So please keep in mind that this is NOT my final look, just a test, there are still some issues that we will figure out when the final hair thing is done. The braids around my neck won't be falling out like they are in the pic haha, we just didn't use mousee for that part. So yeah, I'll be wearing hair extensions too, cause they kind of wrap around all over the place. And I'm not going to dye my hair but it will be mixed with synthetic black hair and look darker (it's brown right now)

I did some light make up for the pic, but the white, is going to be body paint (which I ordered but hasn't arrived yet). I love the contacts, I wear prescription contacts so these were custom made, so that I could see where I'm going when I wear this thing haha

And I have the horns, but I have to paint them and fill them since I just cut them out of the Darth Maul mask.

Ok, I'm not sure if this picture thing is going to work....

DSCN2438.JPG

Guest Anonymous

If you go to YouTube and type in "Force Unleashed Cutscenes" you will eventually see Brood in action. May be a resource for you as you work on this.

Guest Anonymous

So, I want to finish and polish the costume off. There are many things that I didn't get to put together by Halloween, so I'm going to continue working on it for Comic Con 2009. I got the majority of the costume right, so here are the pics from Halloween.

Things I need to improve/add:

-Boots and Shin guards

-Get the correct belts

-Finish the tonfa lightsabers. The hilts are done, but I didn't have time to do the blades, so I just took the Darth Vader MR lightsaber I already had at m=home instead, for Halloween.

-I was missing the wrist wrap thingys.

-The pants need to be refitting as well as the top, my friend who worked on it, did it at the last minute, so many details of the fit, were not fixed by Halloween.

Overall, I think it looks really cool. I won 2nd place at the costume contest at work (first place went to Duke Nukem haha). My husband is the Republic Commando in the pics and another friend went as a mandalorian (he made his own armor)

Let me know what you guys think!

6.jpg

7.jpg

trickortreat.jpg

IMG_0563.JPG

Marisbossfett.jpg

marisfrani.jpg

n542287554_1086704_3415.jpg

IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

Guest Anonymous

oh, and the way we did the hair was my friend braided my hair and added extensions to it the night before. It took ~4 hours.

I'm going to try and do what ms. ventress did, and sort of build the wig from pipe cleaners and braid fake hair into it, because getting my hair braided every time I want to wear the costume would suck! haha