• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Nihilus belt

Guest Tfinley

Guest Tfinley

I have the two leather pieces joined, my next step is the rivets? Where do I get those? I shopped on Tandy but I'm not sure which ones I'm supposed to use

get the largest black "sam brown screws/studs" or "chicago studs/screws", the pack of 20 I got were pennies and are 10mm size, probably could do to be bigger though tbh.

Guest Tfinley

I ordered 10...I'm the same way. Now how are they distributed? I'm guessing evenly based on length, but width wise...allow far away from the center band are they? Even between top and bottom or closer to the middle?

Guest Tfinley

Would it be acceptable to mount a lightsaber clip somewhere in the back of the belt...out of sight....

I have a ton of questions...can I message you on here or email?

You can keep your questions here. That way if others need to know the same information, they can see it in the thread. 

As for height placement, they should be as close as you can get them to the centre strip of leather, in a way they almost help hold it on. As for how far apart length wise, that is entirely up to your waist size. When wearing the belt they should line up just above the inner part of where your hip bone sticks out. What ever that distance is between your two hips bones is basically how far they need to be spaced. The same distance is then used to measure out to each side of the belt. As each person is different in size, it means that the distance is unique to each person. I hope that makes sense. 

I'm do not know how long it takes shipping from Tandy. I have a store locally so I just drive down there and buy supplies when I need them. 

I have a light saber clip hidden on the back of my belt. When you have the long floor length cloak in the back, you can't see the lightsaber when it is clipped on back there. 

Cheers,

Nef

Guest Tfinley

One last question kind of off topic but how do you keep your cape from falling down your arms? Should it stay behind your shoulders at all times?

One last question kind of off topic but how do you keep your cape from falling down your arms? Should it stay behind your shoulders at all times?

Black safety pins or velcro on the inside of the cape would work, as far as I know it should sit on the shoulders all the time.

Guest Tfinley

Thanks again, my cape seems to sit closer to my biceps. My advisor in my Garrison suggested the safety pins but I wanted to see if you guys had a better suggestion.

Guest Tfinley

Guys I really want to say thanks for everything. Beginning the final touches on the costume and all of it was thanks to your helpful hints. Status as of today:

Boots are being delivered today

Button posts with screw backs will be here Monday

Going to use the safety pin method for now but going to look into the idea of sewing black snaps to the back of the outer tunic and inside of the cape

Also deciding on whether to keep the inner tunic or use left over fabric to create the "appearance" of an inner tunic. To be honest the costume is extremely hot and heavy. (Stole that idea from another thread)

Should be completed within the next two weeks

I would recommend the "appearance" of a second tunic method. My costume is very hot and I am going to be doing this change to mine so I don't have to wear so may layers.