• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Nihilus Boots

NihilusLordOfHunger

Hi Community,

I'm still working on my Nihilus Costume, and I found the hardest thing to find are accurate Boots,

just because EVERY pair of Boots I found has a zipper or something like that.

As I found in the  Costume Standards, the Boots are not allowed to have VISIBLE straps, zippers, etc.

So my question is, are zippers in general allowed, as long as they wouldn't be visible under the skirt?

Like these;

http://www.jedi-robe.de/123,1045,star_wars_jedi_stiefel.Star_Wars_Jedi_Stiefel_in_Farbe_Schwarz___auch_perfekt_f__r_Han_Solo_und_X_Wing_Kost__me.html

Also, if it's allowed (I'm not sure about that), recommendations are welcome :)

Thanks in advance,

Chris

If you get boots that have a zipper on them try to make sure it's on the inside of the boot so it's less likely to be noticed.  With a Nihilus costume the skirts will cover most of the boot anyway.

If you really want no zippers, then Russian military Jack boots are very similar to german jack boots but are about 1/3 of the cost, there are a lot of reproductions of the russian boots too and they are still decent quality so availability is much better than german boots which are inflating in price dramatically due to shortages. 

That's also if you want real leather, as all the russian boots i've seen (even the reproductions) are leather. Like all military boots though I would advise going 1 size smaller than normal. I'm a UK9.5/10 and I have a set of leather russian boots that are 9.5 and I have to wear 2 pairs of socks.