• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Night Sister Costume Request

Lorah Tink

Hello there guys!

I am nearly all new to this - I have currently applied as Rey at the Rebel Legion, but also want to make a 501st approved costume. My focus fell upon the Night Sisters / Force Witches. Since there are very rare pictures of them and less at the 501st registration page, I was shown to this side by our head of the 501st :)

SO...I have just a few questions. I have found this picture http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130624152003/starwars/images/1/10/Nightsister_TCG.jpg during my research. I know that it is fan made but since I found such few guidelines, I wanted to ask you directly - is this some costume you can also make for the nightsisters or will that NOT be approved? I know that they they (http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/55/NightsisterLineup-TCW.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110109045226) are approved (or?) but bodysuit is not really looking good on my so I hoped for a more not-revealing style.

Besides I also found a picture of a force witch in one of the comics, which is also redheaded (I am) - so that would be nice too. I just have to find the picture again to show it to you, since I also don't know how the guidelines are there.

I really do hope that my post is in the right topic and that someone can help me, for I really want to join the 501st legion :)

Have a nice weekend, 

greetings from Vienna,

Laura

Ah, sorry, it deleted my text. Was so absolutely expecting that....

So, again: I realized the picture was too small, so here the greater version.

I really fell in love with this costume because it seems to require a little more fabric than the body-suited-version of the other nightsisters I saw and I think it is a really stunning costume - or could be. It seems to be from a cardgame and from the Wikipedia site as well and I have not found any more references by now, sadly, but I am very willing to like draw a sketch of the whole costume or what it might look like, since it is not fully shown. 

I know it is quite different from the other nightsister-pictures, but I absolutely love the elegance of it. And since I said I do not really want to wear a bodysuit (either in leather, because apparenlty female Sith are only wearing black leather suits or nothing at all - or in the "swimsuit" kind of the other nightsisters) because I feel REALLY uncomfortable, I hoped that this nightsister might in some way be allowed to be "official" as well. I would really love making it and see how it may work out :)

Still hoping for your help.

Have a nice New Years Eve!

Greetings from Vienna

EDIT: I am sorry, the picture is big when I upload it and always changes in small, I don't know why. If you google "Nightsister" you might find it.

I haven't started my nightsisters but my roommate and I have talked about seventh sister and nightsisters and how I should go about following direction on the build. He think if anyone was to do a character they should go off of the series and not fan art or costumes Disney has in their parks. It's more likely to be approved following the series and off the CRL (if the costume has one)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Shea

I can't speak specifically regarding the night sisters but in terms of approvals I have been told by my GML, if there isn't a clear crl for a costume you typically need to have 3 distinct clear images of the character as a minimum.

And don't use fan art.

If you can't find references from the clone wars tv series or comics possibly there is a descriptive reference you could use in some of the books?

I hope this helps.

I knew about that and it's sort of what I was talking about. But what Disney used in their parks for their seventh sister wasn't the correct costume based in the series. I have tons of clear screen shots of the SS. Thank you for your information though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your replies.

The above picture isn't really fanart if it's from an official card game, is it? At least I think it's from an official card game - the link to the picture says so. But might be anything.

But since I have only this version it won't help either way. That's too bad. I still think that the costumes of the Comics are not really realistic images of women, and therefore, if you don't have the Barbie Body for those bodysuits they require, it's hard. Or, if you feel uncomfortable in such featered costumes, like I do.

Guess I will have to wait until something comes along which doesn't require less clothes or a lot of bosom :) 

Hej!

Don´t get discouraged!

The only rule you have to follow when there´s no CRL is: you need 3 different images from your favorite costume.

So there a references shown your favorite character from all sides.

And notice: get in contact to Detachement Leader in case you choose a costume with no valid CRL and start a very detailed WIP-Thread.

This will help to get your costume approved in the end and maybe you can get extra useful tips.

My character which I try to represent is a 1.98 m / 68 kg thinny female - not really what I look like in real life :-) - but it was

the one costume I liked from the first moment I saw it.

And so I choose to be this lady.

By the way that is what the 501st is about - represent a star wars character by making your own unique and accurate costume.

Good luck! Hope to see your WIP in near future!

Edited by Naa'leth

Agreed, don't be discouraged, do the research and make something great.

While 3 images is helpful, it isn't the rule. Information regarding new approvals can be found here:

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CharacterApproval

Specifically:

• The character must be represented visually by an officially authorized Star Wars publication. Full body front/back/side reference must be available. Costumes based only on text descriptions cannot be approved.
  • An action figure may be used as supplemental reference, but cannot not be the only reference for the character.

The key is having a view of all the front and back, not three examples. Do tell if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help.

Aye I do second about the three sources.

IMHO its now a touch harder and very clear about what is needed. However yes it can come from one circa IE: a turn around in a video game.

Quote "The character must be represented visually by an officially authorized Star Wars publication. Full body front/back/side reference must be available. "

• Like 1