• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

MWA COTF Nihilus

jcam1228

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to purchase a Darth Nihilus costume. I have zero experience with sewing or tailoring, nor do any or my family or friends (it's possible my grandmother could make small alterations, but that's about it). I have been looking around the forums and the web and came to the conclusion that MWA's COTF Nihilus would be my best bet. Has anyone had any personal experience with MWA Nihilus? I saw on another thread that it may need a few small alterations, if so does anyone know what those might be? The only thing that jumped out at me was MWA use of such heavy tatters compared to the 501st CRL. I think the really heavy tatters look great, it really gives the 'ghost' or 'wraith' feel. If MWA doesn't really hit the mark, does anyone take commissions on Nihilus? Any help, advice or input is much appreciated.

Link to MWA'S Nihilus:

http://www.wickedarmor.com/costumes/nihilus/nihilus.htm

Thank you :)

Hello,

MWA Nihilus is certainly a good start, but yes, it will need some modifications to make it approvable. To start you will need a second under tunic. Nihilus is depicted with 2 tunics and you can see them at the front with the overlapping collars. MWA Nihilus only has the one. You will also need to add in a stitch line to the tunic provided to make it look like it has a hemmed collar, as it does not appear to come with one. The other main thing is the belt it comes with is inaccurate and would need to be modified, or an entirely new belt made. 

I do take Nihilus robe and belt commissions, but I'm currently booking into March 2016 at the moment though. 

Hope this helps! 
Cheers,

Nef