• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Scratchbuilt Sith Acolyte (a sad story in need of your help)

kylegilbert

Hey, @Darkravage! I've not heard any specifics on that, but I have kind of stalled out on my build. I'm so close to being finished, but I got sidetracked selling Rey props on my Etsy Store. Crazy life.

After a long break, I'm finally picking back up on this build, and I'm starting completely over, with the exception of my mask and a Vader's Vault acolyte saber that I picked up a couple of years ago. Just finished sewing a new robe out of some seriously heavy material, and I've started printing DO3D's acolyte armor. 

I've also just finished 3d modeling the belt components that weren't included in that package (see the attached image). If anyone here is interested, give me a shout on my page. I've also made a tutorial for strengthening the 3d print, and you can also find that on my Facebook page.

I'm committed to finally making this costume happen at the level it deserves. And I'm going to finish it before summer.

27545676_1171424722993008_7300188817476025451_n.png

I've seen a few acolytes that have a rounded shape to the pauldrons, and I'm really digging the way they hold the robe, so I decided to 3d model a set tonight. I've started them on the printer, and I'm desperately hoping that I got the scale right. We'll see in about 24 hours.

I made some minor changes to the chest plate, and it's nearly ready to paint. I'll be including photos soon. 

Sanded down the detonator and the pouches once those were printed and gave them a first coat of primer. Feels good to finally get some momentum on this again.

Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 11.53.23 PM.png