• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Seventh Sister - SW Rebels Inquisitor

Nefthys

Klipsa, I got it off of Amazon for quite cheap - I wishlisted several different varieties and flagged them for sales. The stuff I have is white, because it was much cheaper. It would do quite well for a child's stormtrooper. The search term I used was "Sintra".  -Kaylan

post-1577-0-14174300-1467727922_thumb.jpg

First troop with almost complete 7th Sister.  Response from entire squad was great, but we want to do some more work on it before even attempting to submit it.  Got to install the LED's inside the helmet (don't know if that will be required even), and the wife wants to make the ribbed neck like seal that is visible in the references.  Wife plans on making the armor over likely in Sintra for upgrading, since we doubt the legion would approve soft armor potentially, but this was built for fun.  Saber also needs the detailing added, which is in the works.

The helmet should be lit most likely, but its hard to tell from show.  On alot of the clone war costumes the lights have been made optional.  There is definitely no blinking of lights, they would be on at best.

The imperial transport pilots on Rebels have little red glowing lights on their armor, but they made it that it's not required, but going for optional.

Seen Myratheon Cosplay's sister, pretty good.  Armor is missing the shoulder armor points, also missing the spats around the boots

• Like 1

Hi there!!! Do you know anything about an approval of a 7th Sister??? The GML of the Spanish Garrison told me there´s one, but doesn´t know anything about the CRL... Do you know who??? Anything about the CRL??? 

I don't see the 7th Sister listed in the databank on 501st.com ): http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FlagshipEclipse_CRL

I don't think it's been officially approved yet. Even if it was missing the CRL (indicated by the white box next to the name) the name '7th Sister' would still be noted. The only inquisitor currently approved, from what I can see, is the Grand Inquisitor. 

Let's hope to see an approval soon! :) this is an uber character!!

Hi there!!! Do you know anything about an approval of a 7th Sister??? The GML of the Spanish Garrison told me there´s one, but doesn´t know anything about the CRL... Do you know who??? Anything about the CRL??? 

Myratheon Cosplay claims she was approved as the first 7th Sister recently, and also that she will be the CRL model, is taking pictures.  

It is odd, cause where and who is making the CRL then?  Why is no one else involved in the building of this CRL?  From seeing the costume also, it looks to have various inaccuracies as well.  My wife's 7th Sister is currently submitted to our GML's as well now for over a week with no word yet on any progress on approval.  I think its very unfortunate that a CRL is being made without anyone knowing anything about it, or a detachment attached to it apparently.  

As for having not having a CRL, the legion doesn't require a CRL for a costume to be approved, my Deathwatch Mando from the Clone Wars for example doesn't have a CRL and it's approved costume in the legion.  The rules are that a costume must first be approved by GML and the LMO, then after that, a CRL can be made.

But again this girl claims she is going to be taking pics for the CRL, who is she working with?  Where is this CRL being drafted?

Edited by PanzerKraken

I dont know much about the process, but I've seen on other costumes a group discussion thread laying out CRL's that are debated and written as a group. For some reason there is some sort of "race" to be the first SS.

It really doesn't matter in the end though. I've been told that initial CRLs usually end up being revised many times as more detail comes to light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I sent a complete CRL with high quality photos and I´ve had no answer yet.  I´d like to know something, good or bad, in case I have to correct any part. Things about that "approval" I can´t understand... I thought she had the approval and I were so glad about that because we had at least a SS and a CRL to follow... but now... do we have to wait for someone to take photos and finishes it???

Her costume had wrong parts and she told me she had to correct them, but I don´t know if they´re done...

I hope all these things are clearer... I´d like to wear my SS as 501st!!!
  • Like 1

I believe she is working with Dawn Bright, who is part of the command staff of this detachment.

Ok, it's odd since this has been the ongoing discussion on the costume, and other detachments publicly discuss the creation of costume and CRL's with it's members.  Have helped make one CRL and been in many discussions with others.  And this is being done behind the scenes just seems odd.

Hi. I sent a complete CRL with high quality photos and I´ve had no answer yet.  I´d like to know something, good or bad, in case I have to correct any part. Things about that "approval" I can´t understand... I thought she had the approval and I were so glad about that because we had at least a SS and a CRL to follow... but now... do we have to wait for someone to take photos and finishes it???

Her costume had wrong parts and she told me she had to correct them, but I don´t know if they´re done...

I hope all these things are clearer... I´d like to wear my SS as 501st!!!

Costume has to be approved first by the legion LMO, then a CRL can be written up after that costume has been approved.  Can others be approved still?  Supposedly they can, but the GML's have to take it up with the LMO since he/she approved the first costume and has to approve of others without a CRL for the local GML teams to work off of.

The CRL is live! Not entirely convinced of some details but it's nice to have a base to work off of! Congrates to the approved!

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:DS_Seventh_Sister

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats PanzerKraken!!! Yours is the best of all I´ve ever seen so far!!!! You deserved the approval!!! I´ve got a question... I think the CRL needs some modifications, for instance... the cover of your boots is hard like the armor? This is what the CRL says and I think this is an error, because this way it could be difficult to walk... don´t you think so???

Thanks!!!!

Congrats PanzerKraken!!! Yours is the best of all I´ve ever seen so far!!!! You deserved the approval!!! I´ve got a question... I think the CRL needs some modifications, for instance... the cover of your boots is hard like the armor? This is what the CRL says and I think this is an error, because this way it could be difficult to walk... don´t you think so???

Thanks!!!!

I don't think that's wrong. It's shoe armour. Sabine wren has it too. And let's face it, when has costumer comfort come into play over accuracy?

Hi !

Or the CRL is wrong or Maya´s photo is wrong... in the photo of the CRL is obvious that it´s a leather like material and a very bad quality... that and a lot of more things that don´t match (photos and CRL)...

The trousers don´t have the triangle, the stripe is clearly wider than 1cm, the photos have photoshop to occult that the jacket and trousers aren´t form fitting... In the jacket you can see the red line of the lining, the belt isn´t 7cms and isn´t as wide as the buckle...

I´m sure Maya has worked a lot on her costume but has skipped a lot of steps (she should have shown her costume here, for example... the photos in the CRL should be PanzerKraken,s ones...

Qh3342k.jpg

1UpJp1l.jpg

EO4MZz5.jpg

Good evening,

I have been asked to weigh in on the topic of the Seventh Sister’s upper breastplate. A breastplate by definition is armour. And a breastplate is the term that the Clone Wars artists use in defining the this part of her costume in their official reference for the character;
Screen%20Shot%202016-08-28%20at%207.10.4
Breastplate is C5 Material (refers to rendering material properties)

Then we have the approved example Disney had commissioned;
7c234bac559f2e23fd05fe661ed8ff9e.jpg
(Please note the red lining of the jacket.)

Then there is the argument that because in the animation the breastplate conforms to the body movement it is meant to be fabric. Movement is an artifact of the animation style. For instance, I take the Clone Wars trooper abdomen piece in this example to be rigid, even though this image shows it flexing with the pose;
Standard_Phase_2_Clone_Wars_Clone_Troope 

And this arc trooper’s kama to be fabric, even though it behaves rigidly here;
ARCTrooper1-SOTF.jpg

A CRL for the
Seventh Sister has been created and approved for the 501st.
500px-SeventhSisterFrontandBack.jpeg
As with all CRL entries this is a work in progress. Indefinitely. That goes to say there is room for improvement.
Also CRL entry is a communal project. That is to say input from Detachment membership, hopefuls, staff, and others within the Legion and in some cases outside the 501st may contribute to initial completion and revision.

I argue that a Costume Reference Library entry is NOT a Costume Requirement List.
2Q_zps1edbhla4.jpg
I bring this point up because it is still necessary to research a costume while making it. It is still necessary for a GML, a DL or an LMO to do their own research before approving a costume. We don’t know it all. And there is always more to see.

I congratulate both Maya and The Flagship Eclipse on bringing this costume to the 501st Legion.
I look forward to seeing others in the Legion in the Future. 
28492818075_3c391aeafe_n.jpg 28208987120_6098182db2_n.jpg
Together I hope we can provide standards to make these costumes the best that they can be.

• Like 2

The jacket is lined, the issue being brought up is that the CRL image has the red lining visible above the belt line.  Nowhere in the animation, concept art, nor even Disney's own costume in parks have visible red lining.  The red lining is only visible below the belt line.

CRL image also contradicts in stating the spat cover over the boots should be a stiff material like the rest of the armor parts, yet it's obviously pictured some form of leather like material that is soft.

To add to the "armor" debate, the concept art used for much of the references also details the back of the upper armor to attach with a parrot droid. IMO, it would be pretty difficult to attach any sort of droid to fabric vs to a hard armor part.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwarsrebels/images/5/5f/Seventh_Sister_Concept_Art.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20151124110627

http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/reb_ca_880_128ddd4c.jpeg?region=46%2C551%2C1207%2C681

hey you guys! Dont want to get into all kinds on semantics as its just unneeded. But yes as stated above the CRL is a bases to go off of not a "This the is the only thing you can do"

terms like rigid or stiff are up to someones individual interpretation.

Do i think that SS looks good in a cloth like material? personally we are people making Starwars costumes and Starwars is something that's set in a reality apart from ours so making an interpretation of something based in a non reality world can sometimes be problematic.

its specifically called a "Breast plate" that by definiation should have some rigidity. As a person who works with many types of plastic and resin let me tell you this is extremely easy to do if you make it right from resin that is slightly bendable. I myself have done it with multiple breast plates for people.

Brestplates are by design "armor" meant to protect. Cloth or a thin piece of "pleather" to me doesn't scream "breast plate".

it also doesnt hold form very well.

Edited by Amidala
  • Like 2

I agree that it should be armor, and not a soft material.  Hence the boots in the CRL being a soft material is odd when it says othewise.  Even if a CRL is just a guideline to go off of and not super strict, the crl wording and pictures should not be contradicting still.

The Disney one has a few minor issues I think, but overall good.  Also the costume seems to be slightly different depending on park she appears in, and also they might have multiple copies of the costume in each park, as there is slight differences between them.  Like in the above pic, the shoulder blade details on the armor are missing, it was same in Orlando, but then later they had the sister with the shoulder blades added.