• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Traya... starting new.

chipperwiseman

Hey there!  Doing this just to track my progress:

I purchased all I needed to make the headdress and belt... 

For the Headdress: I am aiming to do a wet form for the headdress.  I don't know if this has been done before. I will be using a box cutter to cut out the leather to reveal the wig. Then,using a gouger to create the lines that will be red on the headdress.

--> QUESTION:  What do you use for the red gem above the eyes.

For the Belt:  I am making the belt out of one, 3" wide piece of leather and using a gouger to make it appear like 3 separate pieces... I will close it with industrial velcro on the inside to keep it as close to invisible as possible.

Hi Erin

Good to see you in here too... 

The gem on my head piece is a normal plastic gem - but you can use, what ever you want, as long as it looks right  :wink:  - and my head piece was also done with a wet form.

Looking forward to see more of your build.

Cheers

Does anyone have a pattern for the robes? Where did you get the headpieces from? My wife and I are thinking very seriously about doing a Darth Traya for her admission into the Legion. Any help is appreciated.

I just used lambskin. Its stretchable, formable, and easy to work with in it's natural state. The stuff I used was red on one side, black on the other.

My gem is resin and I found it by accident at a bead shop near here. It actually looks like it glows on its own, so was a great find.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip. Is there any kind of a pattern you used?

I created my own pattern with a bit of trial and error. (pardon the slight crookedness in the avatar photo- that was my "field test" for the costume and the inner strap for the headpiece came loose late in the day :) )

Here's a link to some of the different stages I went through that actually worked. For the red edging I carefuly taped off a tiny edge, then taped again leaving about a 2mm gap. I then used acrylic (multiple coats) to paint on the edging.

http://imgur.com/a/u8fti

Okay..... we had the baby is Traya is back on the work-in-progress table!

I have the balaclava done, the undershirt, the wig, fabric for cloak, leather for belt & headdress..... ohhhhhh! The sclera contacts are on their way! !!!

I know which air brush make up I want to order: I use EBA-- European Body Art. Endura is the alcohol based line. Going wth that as it stays on the best with people who are sweaty (and wearing black from head to toe in the summer). Will pick up their make up remover, too, as the alcohol based does not just come off with soap....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Head dress: IN PROGRESS, pattern being drafted.
Wig: DONE

Make up from European Body Art: ORDERED
Powdered make up for shadowing/contouring: ORDERED
Turtle Neck: DONE
Balaclava: DONE

Boots: ORDERED

Robe: Pattern drafted
Sclera Contacts: ORDERED
Glove(s): ORDERED

Incase you didnt know: You do not have to have contacts for any costume in the legion. I refuse to wear them. just food for thought, but yes i know many palpys and anakins and various otehr costumes that use them. I myself own more than one sithlord and i dont wear contacts =D Have a great day!!

Incase you didnt know: You do not have to have contacts for any costume in the legion. I refuse to wear them. just food for thought, but yes i know many palpys and anakins and various otehr costumes that use them. I myself own more than one sithlord and i dont wear contacts =D Have a great day!!

Very well said! Being an old school theater person, I am really curious to try them, though. Since they would have to be repurchased often, it won't be a consistant thing, but for photos, I really want to see if I can do it!

Normally I wear prescription contacts, so, we will see. I know sclera can be nasty. .....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk