• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan's bracer scratch

dart005

So I got my revan costume from Wicked armor and everything is nice and good and I got to wear it a couple time.  Until  a few days ago I realize that I made a scratch on one of the bracer.  So basically the paint is gone at some place.  Does anyone have any tips so I can correct my mistake?  I can try to repaint it by I don't know which paint to use and i'm still waiting from a response from Wicked Armor.  I'll add a picture of the massacre when I get home :P.

Thanks

P.S.  Sorry for my english.

OK thanks. Do you know if I can buy the paint from another place?  Like an hardware store?  I know that Rob is very busy so I don't know when I'll have a response from him.

Thanks

The paint I used to sponge paint my belt is available at fabric stores, such as Jo Ann Fabrics and Michael's, in stores or online.  You will probably need to blend a couple of colors.  I used DecoArt Dazzling Metallics Acrylic Paint and Folk Art Shimmering Metallics Acrylic Paint for the leather.  You might message Rejean as well.  He did some painting too. 

I like the battle damage idea as well!

So,  here's the massacre.  I've decide to go with some brown and copper instead of battle damaged.  Its really worst when near the light.  There's a reason why I didn't build a suit from scratch :P  Any way a can salvage this?

Thanks

http://imgur.com/gallery/jP2pwh8

Nah I tried to do it myself. Not the brown put the copper yes I think.  It would seems my mix was not good enough.  Anymay i'll leave it like that for now, when its not under  direct light its not that bad.  And I'm still trying to fix the hood on my armor correctly alone.  Not an easy task :P  By the way,  how do you make the top of the hood to stay with the mask?  Rob  gave me a velcro to got with it, but I'm not a fan of putting a velcro on the mask?

Thanks

Well, that's good.  I need to clear coat my touch up paint spots I did with the paint from Rob.  It's barely noticeable right now, but dry, without clear coat looks a little powdery.  Keep that in mind when you mix again...do tests with and without the clear enamel coat to get a match. 

After trying a few things, I found a good method for the hood.  It was driving me crazy, coming untucked and fabric slipping around.  I need to post a thread for it, but I put the armor on.  I put the hood on (wearing a ball cap so the hood rests on that so I can see!) and wrapped the bottom of it around my shoulders like a shawl, and measured where the bottom ends meet in the center of my chest.  I then stitched Velcro along the bottom facing outward (reinforcing it with some cotton fabric) so the Velcro sticks to stick-on Velcro I put inside the chest armor. 

I may trim the upper portion of the end pieces of the hood so there's less to tuck, but for now I fold the top end part of the hood downward at an angle to meet the bottom of the hood fabric and clip it in place with a fabric clip.  It can be pinned too.  I do this before securing the Velcro to the inside of the chest armor so I can still reach everything.  It holds well, and once the Velcro part is attached, I have a nice semi-snug fit with the pleats.  And if I shrug my shoulders a slight amount, I can feel that nothing has slipped while I troop.  I also am trying out an attachment from the corner of the hood, where the seam is at the cowl part.  I sewed a short piece of black elastic with a loop on the end there.  That part wraps around and loops over a button I sewed to vinyl attached to the top part inside the chest armor (where Rob indicates on the instructions you can pin the fabric.) 

I used the little piece of Velcro he provided.  I had to reposition it once to get a proper look, and it didn't mark the paint at all. 

I'm having trouble posting photos in here with my browser, but will post a thread with photos about the hood fix.  I'm very happy with it, and I don't have to use safety pins anymore. 

I have a comiccon this weekend so I think I'll leave it like that for now.  For the hood i'll  tuck it under the armor and see  how it go.   I tried  pinning it with the armor but I wasn't able to do it when I have the armor on and the result were not great when it was off.  I'll check for your velcro method which seems  nice. 

Thanks for you time.

• Like 1