• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sora Bulq

Commander Cody

Hello everyone,

Recently, I acquired a Weequay mask and set of hands from Woodman, and guess who I'd like to make? Sora Bulq from the Republic comic book series. Bulq was the leader of Dooku's Acoytles during the Clone Wars.

Is this an approvable character for the Legion? The only action figure for the character was created for his single scene appearance in Attack of the Clones (similar to a TPM Kenobi attire) and the comics are our only viable sources. Thanks in advance!

sora_zpsgnpkvh1q.jpg

sora04_zpsnby4xou6.jpg

SoraBulqvsMaceWindu_zpsntkrwmxb.jpg

sora01_zpsy9hrx4zj.jpg

Interestingly the robes seem to change. Are there any pictures of the back? From a lore standpoint it would make sense.

The scene where he kills Master Rancisis is a different costume; all in black with his forearms covered in wrappings. As far as the rest? I will look to see if there are any references for his back.

As a character, the fallen Sora Bulq would be an approvable character. Full reference will be needed. Some reference can be argued or otherwise inferred.

For reference, I recommend to turn off your computer and go to the comic shoppe. If you are going to aim for 501st inclusion as a Dark Side user, I recommend recreating the brown and black outfit from Star Wars Republic 75.

Be sure to match the treatment of his hands to the mask.
00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000001A61_zps

sora_hands_zps7cyzibdc.jpg

The hands have already been acquired :)

Thank you for the feedback, Thomas. I've downloaded the series to my Kindle and there are more references for his full brown robes and tunics than the 'black' version. The Republic #75 issue only has the one scene of him stabbing Master Rancisis through the back and that is a frontal reference without any indicating the sides and/or back costume details.

Either way, I'll still submit the costume for approval :)