• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Savage oppress armor/sculpt build

Tribune

So I started these a few years back.

Unfortunately the person who wanted me to make them lost interest which made me lose interest as well.

They have been sitting in my basement for 2 years now,figure id at least build them so I dont feel like i wasted my time.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/tribune_montoya/sets/72157656315679140/

Let me know what y'all think.

Edited by Tribune

Iam curious why would you think to put pleather over it?.

Is it suppose to be a leathery type of armor build?.

Iam unfamiliar with the CRL.

So they might be dumb questions, my bad ahead of time.

Edited by Tribune

I'm going off of the one Savage submission I've seen. It looked like he had some kind of leather or leather like material for the armor. 

Looking at the animated character gives a lot of subjectivity also, so it could be anything but given that it moved a bit with him leads me to believe it's some kind of softer material. 

Also there really is no CRL, it's a white box. I own a white box costume and there's a lot of wiggle room when it comes to approving them. But the burden of proof as to what goes where and how what fits with what is up to the person submitting it. 

For reference, this is the only approved Savage I'm aware of.

http://s29.photobucket.com/user/dapplegrey7/library/Costumes/SL-2928_Savage-Opress_Submission?sort=2&page=1

Yea thats a nice build.

I remember one of my homeboys telling me about that armor set-up. They said he used leather i think

Your right. the animated/CGI characters do give alot to interpret. Looking at a few screenshots, I can see scrapes/dings so ima have to lean towards hard armor.

Now, I sculpted hard armor so im probably talking out my ass.

But you made a good point earlier about coating them. 

1) A person could seperate the plates.

*giving more of a layered look*

2) Assemble the pieces and coat them. 

*Avoiding perfecting armor and painting*

3) It would make it more maneuverable. 

*might look better for submission pictures*

The way I see it is hard armor on the shoulders, biceps and forearms, a leather type shirt armor and greaves on the boots. FYI, I bought a set of this armor a few months ago, and it is well done. I'm just now getting around to trimming and assembling it. Boots are more or less the same as Vader, but I plan to get strip of ABS, heat bend it at the ankles, then use straps around the back to attach.

I keep balking at working on this because scultping the horns intimidates me. :) We do have a VERY good local make up effects place (store manager and a lot of clients have been on Face Off), so I can lean on them for advice. Planning on doing a life cast of my face and then stencils for the tattoos to be airbrushed on. That way I'm not hand doing them every time.