• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Full Costume on EBay

Bulldog1653

Hello all,

I saw this on EBay and am wondering if anyone has had dealings with the seller or if this costume looks like it would be approvable.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-COTF-Darth-Nihilus-Costume-KOTOR-II-FOR-PLUS-SIZE-Taller-/141101287832?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20da4ac998

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

I think this seller has been discussed here before, a few said it wasn't good and a few said it was.  As with anything you commission on the net from someone that isn't local you will have to tweak a few things to get the fit just right.  The biggest problem is the lack of mask and crown from this seller.  Those can be a pain to make or expensive to buy from another seller separately.  If you need the mask I and others here went with My Wicked Armor for one.

• Like 1

I generally advise to stay away from ebay for costumes if you are looking at getting into the 501st. Especially when there are a few red flags that stand out in that post. They list it as a 'KOTOR' Nihilus, when it is in fact a COTF Nihilus. Also, the mask in the first picture is not the same as the mask in the second picture. Which means one of those images is probably taken from somewhere else and not an actual photo of the costume itself. 

Just my two cents. 

Cheers,

Nef

• Like 2

The person in the second image is me with my first mask and before I had done any alterations to the costume and made my crown. She had asked for a pic if it fit so I sent one. I never sent her my finished costume but it was pretty good quality for the price I paid a couple years ago.