• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Approved SL 11112!

Teraxis

Editing this first post with some recent pics and improvements since it never got updated during my build.  As with most builds there were some things that got rushed at the last moment in order to get to an event. 

Here are some pics from said first event Cincinnati Comic Expo 2015 from Sept

Revan31.jpg

47058740-7935-48B1-99C5-2DE38203558A.jpg

I have made a few improvements since then!  (Sadly the armor was riding way to low when these were taken but I think they show the improvements)

Revan11.jpg

More new pics further down since apparently this forum only allows 3 pics per post?

Edited by Teraxis
  • Like 1

15 June 2015

The first part component has arrived.  SF Fallen It is an empty that I hope to be able to wire up myself (gulp)

62E341C9-335A-421C-B2A1-4A857F0F3646.jpg

58AA4437-217B-448F-85DE-6FE39EC5A7C7.jpg

CA6A7DC7-7AC3-4558-AF23-E53495FF4C2E.jpg

JackBoots arrived today!  They are a touch snug so I am going to have to see if I can break them in before the rest of my parts start to arrive.

033.jpg

034.jpg

I got a box from Lions den studio this morning! By special request I was able to purchase as a Raw cast (I like to get my hands a little dirty)

35FB1E72-E3AB-4A4A-AF91-C50621D5BC52.jpg

E6B4872989A5.jpg.html]42585AE3-8F6B-45F6-B6BF-E6B4872989A5.jpg[/url]

43012E15-CF48-4FEE-94FA-44C822198D74.jpg
I was worried the helmet was not going to fit my head when it arrived as it was substantially smaller than most of the helmets I have worn in the past.  However after about 15-20 min with the dremel tool!
14DD26CC-7CA2-44FA-9230-F4BCD5FB42D0.jpg
Spent a good chunk of the afternoon with the steel wool buffing and ended the day with this! The cold cast is shining up nicely!
07FCD835-B88A-45AE-A7D6-00D8C23DCB83.jpg

Is your intent to represent Revan from the Old Republic MMO with that helmet?  If so, that would be quite cool.  None have been approved yet, you would be a first.

I'm considering it. I have another more traditional Revan helmet on the way as well but I've been toying with the idea of attempting to build the SWTOR Revan armor on my own as well. I actually re subscribed to the game to research some of the differences in the two costumes this week.

For now I plan on the traditional Revan. Revan Reborn or even SWTOR good guy Revan may get built later. Continuing research on all that though. This helmet was just too cool not to own.

Just started playing swtor again. Revan reborn is a possibility after I finish a more traditional Revan. I think I may try scratch building most of the pieces myself if I do Revan reborn

Definitely do the reborn. Reborn version looks much better than the other SWTOR version. I plan to make a Reborn as well in the near future.

Definitely do the reborn. Reborn version looks much better than the other SWTOR version. I plan to make a Reborn as well in the near future.

It may be a secondary project (i may even chance trying to sew on Revan Reborn I think tattered rags are about my speed on sewing) for now it shall be a more traditional Revan build

Minor update.  All fabric is purchased and off to my seamstress.  (it is going to be rough waiting until she can get started on it in early Aug but she does mighty fine work so it is worth the wait.   I also picked up the clasps and a nice soft pair of leather gloves!  I may have to rip the seams on the back out but it may be a non issue once I attach the hand plates.
389E6F09-B0B8-41B4-BFF2-D86A23721604.jpg

It was an exciting day when it comes to Revan related items at my house today.  My Saberforge reborn arrived along with my armor and mask from bigwater99 .  Happy times for all!

The armor is set up with a really nice harness which makes it very comfortable to wear.  

For some reason It will not post the pics as I have previously.  So I posted direct links below.

Edited by Teraxis

FIRST POST UPDATED! and more pics here

I think the inner robe that we added gives everything a much better look.  

Revan8.jpg

My belt was one part that I felt needed improvement.  It was made the morning of the con using painted leather and painted plastic rings (see bottom example in this pic) I have recently overhauled this with real metal parts and adjusted the length.

008_1.jpg 

As of now I plan to change the strapping on the armor as I do not like that it is visible.  (It is made worse by the armor riding lower than it should be.)

Edited by Teraxis

So bigwater99's armor is good for approval? If not, what tours of alterations did you have to make? What are your general thoughts on it now that you've had it for a while? Thinking of working with him on a Revan build.

I had no issues getting approved with the Bigwater99 armor. I like it a lot I didn't like how the strapping was set up on the armor when I got it but it only took about 20 min and the removal of a rivet and a few stitches to fix that. I was not a fan of the ring belt that came with the armor so I (with the help of my seamstress friend made a new one. The ring he supplies is fine but the rest of the belt was a little bit lacking. Like a full helmet so I went back and upgraded from the Ultimate mask that comes with the armor set to his full head helmet that he offers. The helmet v mask thing is personal preference though. The mask was great but the helmet fits me better.