• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan Fixing questions.

Keltten

Hi!

What version did you buy from Wicked Armor? I have the deluxe version and made some adjustments also. Your black sash looks a bit tight indeed from what I can see in the picture.

Wich is an awesome picture by the way :)

I have the same problem with the hakama. It was to wide at the back. I made soms buttons allong the back to close it better. 

Things I've changed to my costume:

-replaced the straps for real leather, wich I've colored silver and weathered. When attached back on the armor I also lowered the ring a bit.

-replaced the O-rings 

-replaced the clasps on the chest.

-replaced and stitched the velcro at some points.

-stitched velcro on the front of the cowl, so it stays in position better. 

Things still to do:

-replace the shoulder straps for an easier click system and better/wider straps.

-replace the straps on the capelet.

-stitch velcro on the other end of the black sash for easier attachement.

-replace the red sash for better quality fabric.

-remake all the soft parts for better quality fabric and with better measurements.

I just got my deluxe kit from MWA getting ready to make some minor modifcations (first 501 costume BTW).  I like the new O-Rings that you added, better than the "keyrings" that come stock.  Where did you get the new O-Rings?  Also, what type of glue did you use to glue the nylon straps on?

Hi Blackrock,

The rings I used are just metal rings to hang curtains with. I used them also to attach the leather straps I replaced. Get then at your hardware store. For glue I used industrial quick glue. Post some pics of your costume :)

I cant figure out how to post links on these forums and it is the main reason I cant and don't post up here very often so I will just attempt to type out the link, however you can see how I did my center belt and ring on my Facebook, currently in my pictures the 41st-36th picture and then again the finishing attachments from 29th-24th picture.

https://www.facebook.com/martelcooper3/photos_all

I got all the supplies from a local Leather Shop all the straps purchased were cut-offs so they were cheep, all the buckles I used were also available at the leather shop.