• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan Fixing questions.

Keltten

SO my revan is from Wicked armor. And i noticed the ring is not low enough (and the straps keep coming unglued!) So im thinking of remaking them. anyone have experience remaking this and can give me some advice? 

Example Picture 

11140206_10152818718746722_8914064286944

The cloth belt part is also to small  so ill need to remake that.

Also a question for those who also got wicked armor. The skirt does yours go all the way around your waste or like 90% and you have to drag the rest connected. I think he might of just got my measurements wrong (as my gauntlets are almost to small as well!)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Think i'm going to do the following Just from my own personal experience i think i need to do the 

black drap/shash  remake (to small and hides rings)

redo the leather looking part that holds the ring (as mine is to short![as seen in the picture] so the ring is normally on the armor not under it TT_TT and the sash ends up hiding the smaller rings TT_TT my details!)

Maybe connect the rings to the cape (just looks cooler!)

Might even sew the folds into place on the shoulder part. 

New skirt! 

The shoulder straps i might add into a buckle system (as another post on here did! smart idea!)

Hi!

What version did you buy from Wicked Armor? I have the deluxe version and made some adjustments also. Your black sash looks a bit tight indeed from what I can see in the picture.

Wich is an awesome picture by the way :)

I have the same problem with the hakama. It was to wide at the back. I made soms buttons allong the back to close it better. 

Things I've changed to my costume:

-replaced the straps for real leather, wich I've colored silver and weathered. When attached back on the armor I also lowered the ring a bit.

-replaced the O-rings 

-replaced the clasps on the chest.

-replaced and stitched the velcro at some points.

-stitched velcro on the front of the cowl, so it stays in position better. 

Things still to do:

-replace the shoulder straps for an easier click system and better/wider straps.

-replace the straps on the capelet.

-stitch velcro on the other end of the black sash for easier attachement.

-replace the red sash for better quality fabric.

-remake all the soft parts for better quality fabric and with better measurements.

Here's a pic how my costume looks like at the moment.

Grotefoto-K4P8SSKJ.jpg

• Like 1

Too late for a reply to the actual message, brain not functioning properly.   However, Darth Fred, your forum access permissions have been fixed.  Real response tomorrow at some point.

First of all, Darth Fred-that's such an amazing photo!

I have the MWA Deluxe Revan.  My Hakama fits fine, but I do notice that with my body movement it slips on my belt and the gap can open.  I'm considering either adding black snaps, clasps (such as the kind inside slacks to hide where they button) or more likely attaching fabric ties, such as in traditional Hakama.   

In regards to the belt, I didn't make my own new straps but I had some made out of leather and sponge painted a mixture of black and silver metallic paints to get a match to the darker grey.  Be careful to measure how much length you're adding, as the angle of the suspension needs to be considered so you don't drop too far.  Darth Brute's Revan build thread has a lot of detailed information on mods to the MWA Revan, and he included images a couple of pages in with photos of the remake of the belt straps, so take a look at that and see what you think.  I also found en-zozallow's threads regarding the mods and remake of the cloths very helpful. 

I added parachute buckles to connect the front and back armor pieces more easily.  I also plan to change how the cape ties to the armor by having the straps reach up from the inside of the front plate to connect with D rings instead of tying inside the front armor plate. 

• Like 1

Fred, your forum access was only basic forum member, not 501st or Detachment, you should now have access to a lot more boards now.  

As to the original post, it's pretty much covered now by the other folks.   I've tried making my original straps a little longer but that's only worn them out further.  They don't last very long in their current condition before I have to repair them again altogether.  I have a few other fixes in mind myself but I think you're covered now.  :)

Thanx L Kamino :) You would'nt say so, but it's photoshop ;)

Awesome female Revan btw 

Oh I did'nt realise that, thanx Darth Tagion. I'll check out the rest of the forum.

• Like 1

Yeah, I know! My straps on the shoulders got loose from the glue at this weekends troop lol...

So I'll be repairing this week for next saterday's troop. Good excuse to replace the straps for better ones with clips.

Thanx for that tip btw ;)

Hope it works well for you.  It's a pretty quick application, whether you put in the parachute buckles or the D rings.  I like that I got the buckles with the contour.  The shape is comfortable. 

I actually just did a change to my cape a few days ago.  I attached straps with swivel hooks to the canvas loops on the inside of the front armor.  I inserted two D rings to the straps that are on the cape at about an inch away from the hem.  Now, I can pull the straps from the inside up to feed through D rings and not have to reach inside to tie.  i leave the straps hanging out of the front of the armor so they're ready to go.  I have pics that I'll post.  Makes it much easier to connect the cape and I can do it without help-and without looking now.  Will post the pics on another thread.

• Like 1

Hi!

What version did you buy from Wicked Armor? I have the deluxe version and made some adjustments also. Your black sash looks a bit tight indeed from what I can see in the picture.

Wich is an awesome picture by the way :)

I have the same problem with the hakama. It was to wide at the back. I made soms buttons allong the back to close it better. 

Things I've changed to my costume:

-replaced the straps for real leather, wich I've colored silver and weathered. When attached back on the armor I also lowered the ring a bit.

-replaced the O-rings 

-replaced the clasps on the chest.

-replaced and stitched the velcro at some points.

-stitched velcro on the front of the cowl, so it stays in position better. 

Things still to do:

-replace the shoulder straps for an easier click system and better/wider straps.

-replace the straps on the capelet.

-stitch velcro on the other end of the black sash for easier attachement.

-replace the red sash for better quality fabric.

-remake all the soft parts for better quality fabric and with better measurements.

Here's a pic how my costume looks like at the moment.

Grotefoto-K4P8SSKJ.jpg

Very nice.  Just found out i had replies to this! (messed up on making it tell me when their are replies!

I got the delux version of Revan. I think it was your topic that initally made me want to upgrade. 

Just get some more leather straps to  bring the ring  lower .. I did that for mine 

any advice on leather? I have very very little experience and wouldnt know where to start or what to get!

So a little update. (now that i am following my own post TT_TT)

My costume all but came apart on a troop. Luckily a fellow member had some super glue. So now i have the best reason to crack down on this. 

I also plan to be more active on the forums! yay

• Like 1