• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Reupdate/Done: Imperial Knight

Angelus

It looks like it's working out for you. I know some people use Worbla on top of the Foam to as to give it a more rigid surface. 

for now my surface looks like this. I normally do not use worbla as it is too costly

Side note: eventually you might want to ask Jason or someone to help you take photos at the following angles:

1.  Front full body

2.  Left full body

3.  Right full body

4.  Back full body with cape down

5.  Back full body with cape to the side or removed, showing the back of the costume

6.  Action shot full body

If #1 is high enough resolution, two other shots (front upper half and front headshot) can simply be cropped from it.

Neutral / white background, best.

I don't think you need a lightsabre for official submission but if you are going to include it, then it also needs to confirm to the CRL etc.

Edited by domz

The visual references I've seen, show two artistic renderings of the fabric ribbing.  One group of pictures makes it look very much like Vader's, so the ribbing is clearly thicker in the comics.  The other group of pictures looks ... weird.  As in, the artist(s) decided not to illustrate the ribbing too clearly.

So I'm not sure if this means two types of ribbing are allowed for approval.  However, I am given to understand that Detachment leadership may chime in on this within a week or so.  They're kinda busy right now.

The other minor points are:

1.  Forearm vambraces look swapped.

2.  Some bits still show the gray colour, need to paint over with red.

Edited by domz

Posted Today, 03:04 PM

The visual references I've seen, show two artistic renderings of the fabric ribbing.  One group of pictures makes it look very much like Vader's, so the ribbing is clearly thicker in the comics.  The other group of pictures looks ... weird.  As in, the artist(s) decided not to illustrate the ribbing too clearly.

So I'm not sure if this means two types of ribbing are allowed for approval.  However, I am given to understand that Detachment leadership may chime in on this within a week or so.  They're kinda busy right now.

The other minor points are:

1.  Forearm vambraces look swapped.

2.  Some bits still show the gray colour, need to paint over with red.

There was no Gray color on the armour part. It is the Gloss shine that was reflecting.

May be can you help me circle that part for me on which was the part was gray? 

No rush :)  I see you got a sabre too.  However, the Detachment Leadership is a little bit busy at the moment.  And ... how come we're located in Saudi Arabia?  Hmm ...

No rush :)  I see you got a sabre too.  However, the Detachment Leadership is a little bit busy at the moment.  And ... how come we're located in Saudi Arabia?  Hmm ...

May be it is the weather :P

IMp.jpg
Updated: Remake this few days back. Pretty much wanted to make my shoulder part got more space for the cape to sit well on it. 

Plus I got my Lightsaber from a local maker in Singapore

Glad to see you're getting really close to finishing this up.   Nice photo collection also by the way.

Is there an issue with your Garrison/Outpost listing on your account?   I can correct it if you would like me to.

Is there an issue with your Garrison/Outpost listing on your account?   I can correct it if you would like me to.

Slip of the mouse with the drop-down menu, I think.  Happened to me too.

attachicon.gif11755683_10155858167790203_5975923807763185666_n.jpg

I found it when I was at shenzhen few days ago. So will be doing some updating on the sleeve and the neck part

Jabbe1967 (Cheng Chih Hou - Taiwanese uncle from Hong Kong Garrison) lives in Shenzhen.  Let me know if you want his contact, but you gotta use WeChat and he communicates almost exclusively in 繁体字 ... if you ini macham boleh cakap let me know and I'll send you his contact.

Slip of the mouse with the drop-down menu, I think.  Happened to me too.

Jabbe1967 (Cheng Chih Hou - Taiwanese uncle from Hong Kong Garrison) lives in Shenzhen.  Let me know if you want his contact, but you gotta use WeChat and he communicates almost exclusively in 繁体字 ... if you ini macham boleh cakap let me know and I'll send you his contact.

wa.... like that I die la... can not communicate.... XD my 字 sucks balls.