• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Maris Brood Costume - My Beginning

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

thanks everyone... got a few more items completed for the costume... should be ready for Halloween.

hehe, thanks Ang!!! next weekend I am free. :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

It's Done!!! Well as much as a costume can be complete... it's always 99.9% finished.. eh?

Let me know what you guys think.

n680670390_4572004_681.jpg

n680670390_4572007_6205.jpg

n680670390_4572008_8512.jpg

n680670390_4571984_7937.jpg

n680670390_4571985_371.jpg

n680670390_4571991_2637.jpg

n680670390_4571994_4975.jpg

n680670390_4571999_9512.jpg

n680670390_4572000_1723.jpg

n680670390_4572003_8408.jpg

Guest Anonymous

The costume looks great. My only comment would be the "sabers" are a little big, but I guess that will help keep the creeps away at the conventiions. Congrats and hopefully we can get the TFU group photo one of these days.

Well done Erin,

I have not studied the details of Maris Brood to the level I would for 501st membership review, but for what I have seen of the character you have pulled it off well. The costume compliments your beauty quite naturally. It is really wonderful when this happens. Kudos!

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Anonymous

oooh thanks everyone. :)

I think I want to dirty up the costume a bit more... since she does live in on a huge fungus planet... I'll have to wait to do that in the spring since its a little cold for spray painting outside, up here in Canada.

Guest Anonymous

Just got the chance to check out your newest pics of the completed costume - wow, girl! That's freaking amazing! Go you! :)

Guest Anonymous

Yes, congratulations, Erin, on your Rebel Scum Hallowe'en costume contest win!!! :wink::twisted:

I was very surprised Thomas didn't place! :shock:

But it was a good showing! :twisted:

Y

I was very surprised Thomas didn't place! :shock:

But it was a good showing! :twisted:

well he cant win every year.....but should have got a place at least ! :lol:

Guest Anonymous

First off, THANK YOU EVERYONE! I was so giddy when I saw that I won, there were quite a few amazing costumes.

I would like to thank my friend Angela (TB 3330) for helping me with the costume top, my sister-in-law for helping me with the hair-piece and allowing me to burn fake hair in her house (took a week to get the funky smell out) and to my bestest friend, my husband Greg (BH2616) for helping me paint the lightsabers which I got made by a very cool Jedi from the Rebel Legion. :)

question, I haven't done any research on maris, but are there supposed to be horns on your hair? are they supposed to be sticking through?

There is suppose to be horns on her head... she is a Zabrak, like Darth Maul. But luckly has hair. :)

Guest Anonymous
I meant the ones in the back, I knew she had some in the front.

congrats!

mmh... yess... maybe I put those back three horns a bit too far back. It was the first time I had the hair in plus the horns.... they should be more clustered together and more on the crown of my head... I'll do some more hair/horn experiments... :)

But i don't think she has any on the very back of her head... I bought the action figure and there is only the seven horns molded... like in the video game pics I used for reference.

Guest Daritha

I've sumbled over this and was wondering what happend with the costume? With some details added it would be a great resemblance to promote Maris from R&D to fully approved.

I've sumbled over this and was wondering what happend with the costume? With some details added it would be a great resemblance to promote Maris from R&D to fully approved.

There are four good Maris costumes that I know of, and at least one of them has been submitted for 501st approval so far, but as far as I know none of them have been approved yet. They're close, but just need a bit more work to reach the needed accuracy for approval.

Pam :-)

Guest Daritha

In this case, the Rebellion is far more powerfu- ... ah, faster. (Stop watching the TFU cutscenes, boy. :roll: )

"Our" Maris (along with another one) is an approved member of the Rebel Legion. And she looks goooood.

3256-A.jpg

Okay, 'nuff spaming for this thread. ^^