• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Maris Brood Costume - My Beginning

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey Everyone!

I am starting my Maris Brood costume. Hoping to have it ready for the Force Unleashed release!

This is my start to the costume so far... far from being finished... ugh the hair scares me!!!

-Still need to work on the top... but this is a good foundation...

-Need to add the black flat thing to the side of her pants... on the right side.. need to make some armor covers... or gatters for my boots... depending what pic I am going to go with.

-Need to do the hair piece... good thing my sister in law is a hair genius!

-Need to figure out how to attach the other horns to my hair... probably some hidden clips in the hair piece or in my real hair...

-Need to add the "bullet" clips to the skinny red belt and add some small pouches to the brown belt..

-Need to find a small grey/brown leg belt to hold down the black piece on my leg...

- and I am working on the lighsaber hilts. :)

Let me know what you guys think!!!

Thanks!

Erin

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

Photo44.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I see your Brood and raise you a Shadowguard. :)

OKRECRUIT.jpg

That is the first time that i've been able to stand beside myself in costume. I really made that persons convention experience over the top.

This is saber pike two with out the blade. (i kept hitting it on the ceiling at the last con)

Guest Anonymous

I have started on the hair and it's taking me months to get right, so when I go back down the hill (I'm working elsewhere right now so I don't have my stuff), I'll take some photos of my progress so far so you can see it. I have braided the WHOLE thing by hand and got several toys and photos for reference. All I need to do is add the extra braid extensions that I plan on making, then add the horns.

This costume is a HUGE work in progress and I have been working on it for like 6 months thus far. I have everything except the top finished and was going to get some darth maul little horns for my forehead as well as make sculpy or paperclay horns for in my hair (and just glue them into the wig).

The pants I have are a pleather which I found on the internet somewhere, they are perfect!

Guest Anonymous

I am getting back at it now I am back from Dragon Con... that place is inspiration central!!!

Starting on the hair very soon, talked with my sister-in-law who has lots of experience with extensions and forming hair... I think we are going to make the hair look more wrapped than braided... since some pics of her... it doesn't look braided to me and to her. Going to form the hair around bendable foam to give it shape and volume... and use less hair...

So hopefully soon I will have some more progress pics. :)

Guest Anonymous

so I have the foundation set for the hair piece... what I am wearing is just pipe cleaners, and yarn attached to a headband piece. It still has to be covered in hair (close to my black/brown hair color)... which will thicken up the individual braid pieces. The hair piece will be a bit more styled once the hair is braided on... so I don't have gaps and fly away braids. :)

Photo45.jpg

Photo46.jpg

Photo48.jpg

sorry about the crap-a-lious pics... can't find my good camera at the moment have to use the computer camera,

Photo51.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Wow - that's totally a clever idea! I love it! (And I can't wait to see more pictures with your camera, more light, and maybe a pale-colored background, LOL!!!)

Guest Anonymous

Erin,

excellent! Will you be using crepe hair over the "frame"? It's fairly cheap and comes braided - although Brood's braids might be bound bigger (say that fast!).

Guest Anonymous

I am going to buy some high-quality extension faux hair for the braids on the outside so it gives it that gloss look like in the pics and video game and then some lower quality hair for the underneath braids, for body and coverage.

My husband called and found the camera in his trunk... so he is going to take some good pics of the hair piece on me tonight. Might do a make-up test too with the lenses in and post pics of that too. :)

Guest Anonymous

Here is the pics. I am making a few more filler braid things for the hairpiece.. there is some bigger gaps that I want to fill. But I am pretty happy with the makeup and contacts. The make up is (ThankGoodness) easy for a star wars chick!!!

Didn't put the horns in yet... want to wait to see how full it will be with the hair braided onto the yarn braids.

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

Guest Anonymous

:shock:

You look GREAT!!! :wink::twisted:

The make-up & the contacts are excellent! :wink:

Good hair, too! :twisted:

& I know all about lens insertion!!! :lol:

A few tips; make sure your finger is dry & there's some wetness in the lens. If your fingertip is dry, the contact will "suck" onto your eye. Also, try to look a little down (or up, depends on your prefference) & blink the lens in.

Now the sceleras are a whole 'nother creature!!! You have to slightly fold them & shove them into the corners, let go & blink! About 1/2 the time, that works! :P:lol:

Can't wait to see you in the whole thing, Ms. Ventress!!! :wink::twisted:

Guest Anonymous

Lookin' great, Erin! Someone should really finish that top for you huh..... :roll::wink::lol:

I'll get it done for you this weekend, luv.....maybe we can get together next week.