• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Nose clearance in the CRL mask?

AhmedJaber

As provided from the creator, there is no clearance to be spoken of.  Most costumers add foam in several areas to help with this.  

Refer to the images here as an example:

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/979-darth-brutes-revan-build-thread-finished/

The MWA as the XO says has no clearance at all and even with foam inserts made my nose hurt like hell after a short while. It was the reason I had a new mask commissioned by a fellow member of the UKG (Purge). It has more than enough nose room and is so much better than other masks out there. If you're on Facebook, the "Purgeworx " page will be the place to get one.

Al Molina showed his off on this thread: http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1587-decided-to-upgrade-my-mask/

Try to contact Darren and if you have no luck either Al or myself will get hold of him for you if you have no luck. Happy hunting.

• Like 1

My MWA is great with the cheeks that Rob created for it. The mask does not squish my face at all, as the cheeks are a respirator and covers my nose, then the mask sits on the respirator/cheeks part of the mask. It also allows me to ehxsaust my breath directly out of the mask instead of forging up the visor, also my voice is projected frontwards due to the vents in the respirator.

I have the MWA mask as well.  Without padding, the weight of the mask crushes against my nose and it is quite painful.  I didn't want to glue padding inside of my mask, and I also wanted something I could wash periodically or replace easily. 

I insert a triangular cosmetic wedge inside my balaclava upright over my chin where the bottom of my mask rests.  They're inexpensive, absorb moisture and I can toss them after wearing.  I then set an oval-shaped clothing pad inside the forehead of the mask and that stays in place when the mask is on.  I can wash that easily and I avoided having to glue anything.  I may insert a square of Velcro inside the forehead of the mask and stitch another square on the padding to make it easier to put in place, but it really doesn't move once the mask is on.  The pad is thick enough to push the forehead of the mask away from my face so as to not crush my nose.  The tilt of it puts the weight instead against my chin, which is cushioned by the cosmetic wedge. 

0e544a5d-0dc4-4d4d-b931-b8e5855710f6_zps

hope this link works, I had to type it all out.

Http://wickedarmor.com/costumes/revan/Revan%20Undermask.htm

tested it works!

this is the Link to the MWA UNDERMASK, this make the mask fantastic to wear, no need to add any foam to any part of the mask this fits snug under the mask and allows for your breath to be vented out. It also adds the cheeks to the mask!!!

• Like 1

I have a few strips to where my nose will land but it is squished. Sometimes i were the mask little to the sideso my nose has room and i just have to keep my head to the side a little bit so the mask is still facing forward. Overall this isnt an easy costume to were for more than a few hours. (i have the sweater TT_TT and it gets hot !)

I don't have a little button nose either!  I only found relief by pushing it away from my forehead, causing the mask to til inward toward my chin.  Looking at Rejean's link, I might look into getting one of those as well, though I will probably still use the forehead pad to keep the angle and clear my nose. 

seriously tho with the under mask you need nothing for padding, it was wearable as it came from MWA. The undermask Is a must if you have the MWA mask it makes it completely comfortable to wear.

• Like 1