• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Introductions and Pending Forum Member Approval

Hello there,  i am currently a 501st member with a few suits..  1st was  TK ANH Stormtroopers, 2nd I was TX Inferno Squad Del Meeko, 3rd TI Ingerno  Squad  Hask, 4th TB Patrol TROOPER, 5TH TI Inferno Squad Iden Verso, and just a  just weeks ago #6 DZ A'sarad Hett.  Wearing it this weekend for 1st troop in it.  

20211121_153712.jpg

Greetings yo all!

I´m Ismael, from Spain, a hopefully future member of the 501st, I´ve had other non approved costumes before such as a Darth Revan (no longer in my possession) and a TFA Kylo Ren (still rocking it from time to time hehe) but I am currently working on a KOTOR II Darth Nihilus costume after many years wishing to have this character´s costume up to 501 standars and finding some other ups and downs along the way.

Star Wars and its EU has always been a major drive and passion in my life along with costuming and I´d love to be able to share this enthusiasm with you all.

Hi, i'm from Hamburg, Germany and i would like to be a member of the German Garrison. I'm working on my Darth Revan Costume.
Would love to join the 501st as soon as my costume is rdy, cause i love Star Wars and good made costumes.

Hi everyone! I'm a current Rebel Legion member. I'll be part of Wisconsin Garrison once I am approved, but will also be trooping with Midwest Garrison as my RL base works with both groups.

I'm looking at starting with Nezmi Base/By The Emperor's Hand Mara Jade as my first 501st costume to (hopefully) be approved this summer! Star Wars costumes make me incredibly happy, and to bring joy to others with my work makes it all worth it. :)

Hello everyone,

I am Christopher from the Austrian Garrison.

I have my Stormtrooper ANH and the  Shadow Guard. Darth Nihilus is coming^^ in the next days the gloves arrives and then the costume is hopefully complete for approval. 

Hello everyone,

My name is Kathy, DZ72261, and I am from south Florida USA.  I am relatively new to the 501st, less than a year.  I am in the Florida Garrison, Everglades Squad.  Right now I have a Tusken Bantha Rider, Imperial Officer Black and Snow Trooper.  I am currently working on a few others.  Hoping to soon join the Rebel Legion with my Tusken or Jawa that is in the works.  I am looking to build either but eventually both, Ventress: Night Sister and Barriss Offee Asajj disguise.  Anyone that could help me with any and all resources on these I would love the help.  Thank you and I am very excited to build these and be part of the Flagship Eclipse Detatchment.

Please be patient with me as I will have a ton of questions.  Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hello DS37512 here. Requesting SL level forum access.

I am a member of Bluegrass Garrison , Blue Sun Squad. 

Originally TK37512 with my first club approval. Now with 13 approved Legion costumes 3 versions of Kylo.

In addition I am this years current BCO for Fulcrum Base of Kentucky and Bluemoon Clan member for MMCC.

Always adding costumes to my closet but most of the time everyone loves Chewbacca so I am found in that one the most.

Star Wars has always been part of my life and now it's a family weekend life style.

2 minutes ago, SirFalconian said:

Hello DS37512 here. Requesting SL level forum access.

I am a member of Bluegrass Garrison , Blue Sun Squad. 

Originally TK37512 with my first club approval. Now with 13 approved Legion costumes 3 versions of Kylo.

In addition I am this years current BCO for Fulcrum Base of Kentucky and Bluemoon Clan member for MMCC.

Always adding costumes to my closet but most of the time everyone loves Chewbacca so I am found in that one the most.

Star Wars has always been part of my life and now it's a family weekend life style.

You'll want to follow directions in the post here for permissions.

https://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1660-501stsld-andor-tfe-detachment-access-requests/

Hi all 👋🏻

I am Kristi and am a brand new member (as of today) of the 501st. I am part of the Oklahoma Garrison and was approved with my Mara Jade costume. My husband is also part of the 501st and is under the Sith Lord Detachment as Darth Vader. I have been on troops before as a handler for my husband so I have lots of exposure so far, but am glad to be in the forums myself finally and have an approved costume.

F3404683-2F7F-41B4-98A2-36854C3CD2C0.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DarthValkyria said:

Thanx missed that post ;)

Hey there! I'm Jenny from Ottawa, Canada. I've been part of the Capital City Garrison for the last 3 years as a TK. I'm excited to be putting together a Second Sister right now. My boots and gloves just arrived today from Giovanni and I've got my hard parts and light saber. Soft parts are in progress with a maker in the UK. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can be approved by May 4th (or hopefully not too much after that).

Hey there, I am new here and am just starting putting together my first build. I am working on Second Sister too. Any tips would be appreciated. I think there's an armor party coming up this Sunday in OC, CA. If I haven't left to go camping by then I will be there.

6/8/22

Just made it on to the UW pre-order list for the Second Sister Saber, so it begins.

I also reached out to Shawn M Thorsson regarding his hardware list.

Edited by Sister Midnight

Hi all,

I am excited to be here! My Name is Joni, I am from Colorado and I will hopefully be part of the Mountain Garrison.  I want to build a Mara Jade (black bodysuit) costume and I need lots of help.  

Thanks!

"I always play fair. Exactly as fair as my opponents." Mara Jade

Hi My full name is Rachael but for nicknames you all may call me 'Rae ' or 'Lyst' for short

I'm in the process working on becoming pending member of the 501st Legion /Old Line Garrison Currently in the process of finishing up /working on Mara Jade Nezumi Base Black Bodysuit Costume as my first build with iwth much help with parts that we aren't able to do that requires sewing & I've had some help with the process of getting this costume from Folks from this forum.

Hello! I'm Lauren, from South Carolina. I'm a part of the Carolina Garrison and the Clone Trooper Detachment. I am setting my sights on Second Sister. I've been doing a lot of research, but I'm ready to start acquiring the pieces for her! 

Edited by Morelia

Hi all! I'm Georgia, from Washington. I'm an RL member hoping to join Garrison Titan sometime soon, working on a few costumes. I've been Star Wars costuming for the last few years, and this feels like a natural continuation of that - not to mention I'm a massive EU fan. Currently sewing a Seventh Sister, but also hoping to do Dark Side Bastila, Fourth Sister from Kenobi, and who knows what else! I'm big into costume research so can't wait to hop in with all of it in a new group.

Hello there.

I'm Jason (TK-51923) from the great Inferno Squad of Garrison Tyranus in Northern Virginia. For about a year now I've been trying to plan out my goal of getting a costume approved in every detachment. Initially I was planning on saving the Flagship Eclipse Detachment as one of my last, but I can't wait any longer. The more I look at the COTF Darth Nihilis, the more I want to get to work.

So, due to my refusal to pay outrageous prices for costumes, I've taught myself how to sew, so I'm fairly confident I should be able to put the soft parts together without any issues. However, I've also done a lot of 3d printing, both personally and professionally and I'm a little surprised that accurate Nihilis masks seem to be non-existent. Please correct me if I'm wrong, or show me where they are; I just can't find one.

Regardless, I'm pretty excited to add this to my overwhelming pile of unfinished costumes, but with a kit as awesome as this one, I feel a little more motivated than with others.

I look forward to talking with you all!

Good afternoon everyone,

My name is chris and thank you for approving my forum request! I am located in san diego and am looking at joining the imperial sands garrison. I am currently working on a revan costume. I been lurking on these forums at the other revans and cant wait to start asking questions. Thanks again!

Regards

Hello everyone! I'm Heath. I'm a perspective member from Alabama (Alabama Garrison/Delta Squad) and I really want to make a Grand Inquisitor costume with his flight helmet. I want to join the 501st for the community I've seen and heard about from other members as well as the good works you guys do! I know I haven't chosen the easiest costume for a first-timer but I feel confident that it can done. I had other choices on my list, but this was the one that I was most passionate about, and after talking to other costumers I decided to dive in on this one because of that reason. I know it will be a long process and I have A LOT to learn, but I'm hoping it will also be a FUN one too! Thanks! 

Hello, I'm Andrew, IG-9283, up here in Mass, but on the border with Rhode Island, so I'm part of the Lil' Rhody Squad.

I've been a Crewman since 2011, and a Gunner since 2012.  Back in 2014 my brother CC - 4043, my father (He has a biker scout but is better known for his Ben Kenobi costume, and two other Legion members got me the armor for an Imperial Knight.  I really enjoyed them in the Legacy Era comics.  However, I was not in a position to get the soft parts for the costume.  Now that I feel I am able to move forward in completing this costume, I look forward to doing so.

So yeah, been doing this 501st trooping thing for a while, 4 digit tk # and all, and am finally able to expand my collection even more.

Hey, y'all. I'm Songs_and_Sabers, but feel free to shorten that to Songs. I'm a beginner-intermediate seamstress and hopeful future member of Outpost 42 down in New Zealand; I'll say I'm from Wrea, since ours is a mostly water-based community surrounded by an asteroid belt of archipelagos not too far from the Tatooine of Earth (that would be Australia: almost entirely desert, probably a penal community originally, and everything native wants to kill you). 

Tomorrow, with any luck, I will be purchasing the deep-red linen necessary to start on Visas Marr's underdress. I'm planning to do the 'Unseen, Unheard' version rather than the KotOR version, purely because I don't have a gathering foot on my sewing machine and darned if I'm willingly signing myself up for two poufy fitted sleeves worth of hand-stitching gathers....

I love Star Wars, I love costuming, I love story-telling and acting, and this is somewhere I can use what I'm good at to do real good in the world. I've wanted to join the 501st since I first learned of it when I was ten or eleven, but I thought the 501st was limited to the UK and USA so I wouldn't ever be able to. I learned better last week, so I'm keen to get involved. 

Hello! 
I'm Runar from Norway! I'm currently working on a homemade Darth Revan costume to join the newly established Norwegian garrison. My goal is to get approved before the next big event in november, so I'm working hard on it right now.

I have 10 years of experience with 3D modelling in Blender and 7 years of experience with 3D printing as a hobby. The last 5 or so years I've made tabletop and cosplay stuff for 3D printing. I'm also a Lego builder and I'm active in the norwegian Lego community. I just enjoy making stuff and I'm very fantasy inspired. 

The reason I want to join 501st is that I was asked last year to join as support. And every time I've been supporting, I always want to have a costume as well. 

Welcome!

Just a heads up for the 3D modeling and 3D printing, you'll want it to look like this version. You can make it a helmet or have cheek plates on it, but I see a lot of people model the mask after the SWTOR style which is not correct.

Revan 3D Etsy file

Looking forward to having another Revan!

6 hours ago, DarthValkyria said:

Welcome!

Just a heads up for the 3D modeling and 3D printing, you'll want it to look like this version. You can make it a helmet or have cheek plates on it, but I see a lot of people model the mask after the SWTOR style which is not correct.

Revan 3D Etsy file

Looking forward to having another Revan!

Thanks! 

Yeah I've followed the CRL while modeling the parts to make sure it'll be fine. Made a WIP post earlier today with some pictures of my progress. 

Looking forward to join you guys!