• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Introductions and Pending Forum Member Approval

Good Morning everyone, I am from Sioux Falls SD and have been in the legion for a while now.  I have an EIB TK, a TS and a 181st Tie.  I am on the stages of doing research for a Sith Acolyte.  so any pointers are helpful.

Hello everyone! My name is Stephanie and I am looking for help with my Mara Jade blacksuit. I have some modifications I need to make in order to be approved. Mainly with the belt and shin guards. I would be affiliated with Garrison Carida in PA. I am a current member with Ghost Base RL as well. Looking forward to connecting with more SW fans. This is my first costume and I look forward to making more after I get this one fixed up a bit!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hi there, I’m Dee, from Adelaide, South Australia. 

I’ve been doing charity troops with Rebel Legion, Ryloth Base, for several years and recently ‘succumb’ to the ‘pull’ to the Dark Side (...it was the cookies)

I’m hoping to make Visas Marr (Unseen, Unheard), and possibly Sinya as my first costumes, and join the Southern Dewback Garrison. I’m here to learn as much as possible and to make friends. 

Hello my names David and I’m in the Uk I’m currently working on a mando build but have got most of the soft parts and leather being made for me so wanted to make one from scratch myself I’ve always loved the style of Revan and the story behind him so would like to make his costume from scratch I know pretty much everyone buys from wicked and modifys this but I want to make every part myself. I’m thinking of doing all the hard parts printed in resin like what I’m doing for my mando build starting with the mask I would also like to go for level 2 if this is possible just to make things harder for myself

Regards
David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone! My name is Gabi and I'm from the warm but stormy Perth, Western Australia.

I'm currently a recruit for the 501st Desert Scorpion Garrison who will hopefully be joining with a KOFE Lana Beniko. One of my friends from the 501st got me into SWTOR during lockdown last year and I fell in love with Lana from the moment I met her. I truly cannot wait to join. 

Hello everyone,

Nice to meet you all.

My name is Jennifer and I am from Sweden. I am part of the Nordic Legion, Reel Icon division as Samus. I am currently working on Second Sister build to be able to join the Nordic Garrison. I think Trilla is a badass character so I look forward to troop as her. I already have some part ordered and started the process for others. This will be my first Star Wars official build. I am pretty nervous but also looking forward to the end result.

Hey there!
My name is Rosalie and I'm from The Netherlands. 
Years ago did I join the Rebel Legion with my Visas Marr costume, however sadly this one was never approved for the 501st. Now that we're a few years furher am I looking on joining the 501st with a KOTOR Nihilus costume! 
As of now am I a member of the Rebel Legion, MMCC and a aspirant member of the Dutch Garrison(501st). Which hopefully will become a full membership once the Nihilus if finished!
Right now I don't fit any of my old costumes (both RL and MMCC) after having lost lots of weight (went from a size XXL to a S/M) after a weightloss surgery.
So the Nihilus/501st will also become the first costume to fit me again for trooping after a few good years ?

Hi all,

I am looking to be a member (hopefully soon) and being from Illinois I would be out of the Midwest Garrison.  My costume is Darth Revan and I was "unofficially approved" because I hadn't sent in my back picture.  I have sent that in and I am awaiting everything to be ok.

-Scott

Hello everyone!

I'm Matt TR-75567 from the Southern California Garrison. Currently I'm a member of the 501st legion as well as the Rebel Legion with costumes ranging from a WIP ROTJ Darth Vader, ROTS royal guard, Obi-wan Kenobi, etc. I love being a part of this community because not only do I get to share my love of star wars with great people, but I get to do it while participating in charitable events! I'm currently trying to complete a CRL for the clone wars version of Darth Bane.

Screenshot_20200226-004254_Dropbox.jpg

Aloha! I’m Tina (TJ) from Hawaii’s Pacific Outpost. After meeting the crew in 2015 at Amazing Comic-Con in Honolulu, I joined the 501st as an official member in 2019 as our outpost’s first and only Cantina Band Bith Musician. I’m hoping to be the first Asajj Ventress Nightsister in our outpost as well. Working on the build right now! Looking forward to collaborating with more folks in The Flagship Eclipse. 

4DBF8E81-E53C-4C9F-A761-2D052FEEC9B2.jpeg

Hello All, I am Tommy Wolf. I am hoping to join the Bloodfin Garrison with a Terror Trooper I am starting to work on. It's my first costume, I know it's very ambitious for a newbie and it is going to take a ton of work. That being said I am very excited to work on it and even if it doesn't pan out I am sure I will learn a lot from the experience and probably be able to reuse pieces for a sith stalker (2nd choice).

I love star wars and have always envied members of the 501st every time I have seen pictures of them my brother would take at conventions. I finally met a few members at an armor party my brother told me about and decided I wanted to join. Sadly I was busy with work and had next to no resources so nothing every came of it, till now. I was at Indy Popcon this weekend and now can't wait to start on my first costume!

Hello everyone! I'm Stefano from Italy. I am a member of the Italica Garrison since 3 years and i have an approved TIE Pilot costume. I am currently working on the Starkiller Dark Lord costume, and I hope to join you soon!

Hi!  I'm a newly approved member of the 501st, Timberline Garrison in my Black Bodysuit Mara Jade.  

Hoping to be a part of this detachment as well.  I love Mara and am thrilled to have one of her Dark Side costumes now as well.  

• Like 1

Good afternoon.  I am from San Francisco Bay Area.  I am member of the 501st Golden Gate Garrison and East Bay Squad. I have an approved Governor Pryce ID-27271.   My next build/project is Seventh Sister. Just starting to research but very committed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I wish I knew how to sew so looking for all commissioned work.  :)  Thank you in-advance for any support. 

-Lauren 

Good morning all. I'm Ken. I have an approved TIE pilot with Central Garrison and the 621st squad (for some reason I can't enter my Squad because it isn't listed as an option) I had been planning a Revan for a while and looking to start the build. Finally ready to start and looking for WIPs right off the bat

Hey there, I'm Mark, a Biker Scout and ESB Vader from the Imperial Welsh Squad of the UK Garrison.
My first Eu build is going to be Dark Empire : Luke Skywalker. Specifically from the Dave Dorman covers.
I've started putting a few pieces together, mainly the parts I can use from my Vader suit.
Looking forward to sharing the build as it goes.

Hello everyone! My name is Ben. I have been a member of the 501st since late 2018. I have a TK, but have decided I want to do more. I am looking into doing a Darth Revan kit after I finish working on a mando kit. I am looking forward to joining this detachment when I get Revan done.  

Hi Everyone! My name is Arielle and I am a member of the Rebel Legion, but I am also interested in trooping at 501st events, so I figured I'd apply. I live in Los Angeles, so I would be a member of the Southern California Garrison. Right now I am working on Barriss Offee's Asajj Ventress disguise and I would love some feedback on what type of boots are acceptable. 

I am considering purchasing this pair of boots, since the heel and arch of the shoe seem to closely resemble the CRL photos of an approved costume: https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m93040300038/?gclsrc=aw.ds&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=12877497088&utm_content=t0&adgroup=121903074456&network=g&device=c&merchant_id=144653631&product_id=m93040300038&product_id=299367268755&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwY-LBhD6ARIsACvT72PYJmIwgtkPM0T8AGnBEJg4RqrUmhp-bl5yVCnLpoUFuY5_ADg2kWUaAguTEALw_wcB

If you browse the photo gallery posted by the seller, the toes of the boots also appear to have a square shape.

CRL photos: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:DS-Barriss_Offee:_Asajj_Disguise

My plan is to cut off the over-the-knee part and the braided leatherwork and bring in the top of the boot to develop the accentuated calf shape. (I have leather working experience, so I'm not overly concerned about my ability to execute this). I would then cover the whole shoe with a layer of suede that matches the design from TCW. 

I know this will be a bit of a stretch, so if I get a hard "no", does anyone have any recommendations for cobblers who will do commissions at a relatively affordable (<$500) price?

Hi I'm new to this forum I'm Rae and a pending member,I signed up recently for the OLG 501st legion,forums,still dont have any apporvable costume,yet enough to be ready for troops yet But In the process of waiting for my unitard to come in for this Mara jade costume  but I do have the one in mind that I wish to do,Its the Mara Jade Nezumi base's Gray poncho outfit from this forums CRL costuming standards,I'm in a current predicument,I be having someone hand sew me the poncho peice & the gray fabric onto the cuffs of my unitard that I bought from amazon,Does anyone know anybody thats done this costume allready,That could tell me what kind of fabric they used for the poncho & cuff peices on the leotard? It would be most helpful I do hope i can get this costume approved,regardless if its going to be sewn by hand,(dont know anyone that has a sewing machine/or nor do we know a local seamtress.) 

307px-Mara_jade_nezmi_base_ref1.jpg

1634571985705.png

1634572055220.png

245319295_251966536769283_8859918919174698832_n.jpg

245547347_938941206699645_6933215234077202128_n.jpg

Edited by RaeLyst

Hello everyone! I'm Erica and I'm a relative newbie to this whole costuming thing and as such I'm a lowly pending member. Though I do have an application submitted with RL for my Aayla Secura build so I guess I'm not completely hopeless when it comes to costuming. The plan (hope? vague intention?) is to join the Old Line Garrison as I'm currently residing in Maryland. I've been a Mara Jade stan for...well, a very long time, and so she is definitely on my list of possible costume builds. However...I was fabric shopping maybe a month and a half ago and found this gorgeous red fabric that has a decent weight but with a bit of 4-way stretch and my mind immediately went to Merrin from JFO and I bought 3 yards of it. So that will likely be my initial build (especially after reading through the research thread).

On 10/26/2021 at 11:34 PM, Echo_Kilo said:

Hello everyone! I'm Erica and I'm a relative newbie to this whole costuming thing and as such I'm a lowly pending member. Though I do have an application submitted with RL for my Aayla Secura build so I guess I'm not completely hopeless when it comes to costuming. The plan (hope? vague intention?) is to join the Old Line Garrison as I'm currently residing in Maryland. I've been a Mara Jade stan for...well, a very long time, and so she is definitely on my list of possible costume builds. However...I was fabric shopping maybe a month and a half ago and found this gorgeous red fabric that has a decent weight but with a bit of 4-way stretch and my mind immediately went to Merrin from JFO and I bought 3 yards of it. So that will likely be my initial build (especially after reading through the research thread).

Welcome Erica! I hope you get your costumes builds started soon!  I'm also a low pending member of the old line garrison,& live in MD too and in the process of a doing a Mara Jade Costume,myself (will be getting helo with assitence with my freind handsewing some parts and such) I do hope both of us,can get our separate costumes approved,and maybe we will see each other at future troooping events 

Hi, everyone! My name is Alice, and I recently moved to Los Angeles from DC and hope to be part of the Southern California Garrison. I've been wanting to join the 501st for years and am using this move as a way to give me the courage to do it. I have a Mara Jade (black bodysuit) that I just debuted at DragonCon along with my Ultrasabers saber. There's still some costume refining to do but I'm looking forward to getting her approved soon. 

Hey everyone. Name is Beau, I am a former Mando Merc and have started a Lord Starkiller [Hoth] build with the intents of joining the local 501st clan here in south Louisiana [Bast Alpha Garrison.] Will be utilizing my experience having built multiple mando armor and props to perform most of the hard items in this build from 3d printing/sintra, while sourcing out the soft items to more reputable sources [Custom Props/Wicked Armor.]

Hi everyone,

I was approved in my Revan by 501st and am a member of the Mountain Garrison on Colorado. I am currently working on a Kylo TFA. I am thrilled to be a pending member of the group. Thanks and stay safe!

https://www.501st.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=23307

284C5859-D8A5-4F0F-951D-B5B60B91B1DF.jpeg