• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Introductions and Pending Forum Member Approval

Hi All! My KOTOR II Nihlius was recently approved. I just recently joined the detachment only Facebook group. Could one of the admins update my user role to detachment member on the forum, please? Thank you!

https://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=20740&costumeID=107

I posted here as well, just in case, back on the 8th...

Edited by TeaJay

On 11/23/2019 at 9:05 AM, Dudenstein88 said:

Hello everyone! I'm Alex from Georgia and have joined the Georgia Garrison already. I love Star Wars and have wanted to join the 501st for years but never had the opportunity until now. I love the Old Republic era and really want to build either a Darth Nihilus or Darth Revan but I can't decide on one! 

I look forward to chatting with you all and sharing my love of Star Wars!

Hi! From GA too and trying to join 501st with Mara Jade build. 

Melissa 

• Like 1

good morning!!! My name is Eugenio, Uke in the forum and I am a pending member of the Spanish Garrison, I am working on a starkiller concept sith robes and wishing to end up being part of all this. I have been a star wars fan since I was little and have always been excited about this whole world. Greetings to all!

Hi! I'm Leah from STX squad of Star Garrison (Houston, TX). I have a biker scout, tie reserve, and bridge crew approved. I'll be starting a Seventh Sister very late this year but wanted to go ahead and get on the detachment forum to begin researching.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hello! I’m Danielle! I’m in Arizona but we’re closest to the SoCal garrison! I’m hoping to be Mara Jade because she’s amazing! It helps that I share her features too! I love Star Wars, and joining the 501st is something my husband and I have been wanting to do for years! I’m excited to get know y’all! 

Hi there! My name’s Jacob and I’m coming to you from sunny California and am a member of the Southern California Garrison! And I’m looking into building a Nihilus. I’ve loved the Old Republic series and he’s always stood out as a great character. Looking to join the detachment soon!

Hi.  I'm in Idaho and will be part of Timberline Garrison once I'm approved.  I plan to start work on Black Nebula Mara Jade.  I already have an RL approved Mara and look forward to becoming the Emperor's Hand as well.

Hello, my name is Ali. I live in Palm Coast, FL. So, I would be Florida Garrison, Squad 7.

The costume I am working on is Mara Jade Skywalker, black bodysuit. I find her character incredibly compelling and intricate. She's a fascinating and realistic character and I love her arc. :)

I would like to join the 501st because it will be fun, but also because I would like to make friends with similar interests and do some good.

I was told this was a good place to be sure I am doing everything correctly, and creating a costume that is up to the highest standard. 

I appreciate any help I can get! And needless to say, I have a lot of time on my hands currently... 

Edit: Wow there are a lot of Mara Jade's out there!

Hello! My name is Andrew Ellis, I currently reside in Polk City, Florida. Ill be a part of the Florida Garrison, I'm looking to do Darth nihilus from Kotor II, ive ordered the set from wicked armor hoping do not have to do a ton of modifications as I'm not too skilled in the art of needle and thread Lol. I gained interest in the 501st becaues my Lieutenant at work is Darth Maul and after he showed me all the stuff you guys do so i decided i wanted to join. 

Thanks for having me! 

Hello everyone!

I am DZ-10969 (Nevada) from North Carolina (the Carolina Garrison).  I joined the 501st in 2017 and I currently have a Tusken Raider (AOTC) and a Scout Trooper (ROTJ).  My husband and I joined because we loved Star Wars since the first movies came out.  We had attended a Celebration in Orlando (our first) in 2012 and had wanted to join after seeing the 501st panel.  Given my body type (hefty) I was not comfortable with the TK and therefore the Tusken was the choice.  I have now decided that Darth Traya will be my next and most ambitious costume (my husband put together the Scout for me).  I am going this one alone and want to get some of the best advice I can.  

Thank you,

Nevada 

Hi, my name is Puck and I have been a member of the 501st since 2009. So far my only approved costume is Boushh. My ID number is 8715.

I want to make a Doctor Aphra costume because I am looking for something comfortable to wear without a helmet. 

Next to the 501st I am also a member of the Rebel Legion. Boushh is dual approved but I also have two Rey costumes. Currently I am working on Leia Cloud City and I am almost done with the embroidery of the first panel (only four more to go)

Hello! Melissa, from Atlanta, GA here. Hoping to build Mara Jade black bodysuit and black nebula. I have figured out my pattern and what fabric I will be using for the complete build. A lot of learning here since I am trying to build everything myself (minus the blaster and saber). 

I am nervous about the bodysuit and trying to figure out the piping and with the 4 way stretch fabric. 

Hope I can learn a lot from Flagship to help me with my build. 

Nice to "meet" everyone! 

Melissa 

Hello! My name is Brittany. I’m already 501st approved with my Darth Revan. My TKID is SL99976. It was a lot of fun finishing up my Revan and going through the whole process. Im

in the Georgia Garrison. ❤️

Hello everyone!

My name is Zach Tyke and I am a member of Starkiller Garrison based in western Pennsylvania. I am a member of the IOC with my staff officer and in process of a mud trooper as well. I am looking into starting a Darth Revan at some point. It has been one of the costumes I really have wanted to do ever since playing the games ALLLL the way back in the early 2000's. (SOOOOO WEIRD saying that, it doesn't seem very long ago!)

Hello everyone!

My name is Zach Tyke and I am a member of Starkiller Garrison based in western Pennsylvania. I am a member of the IOC with my staff officer and in process of a mud trooper as well. I am looking into starting a Darth Revan at some point. It has been one of the costumes I really have wanted to do ever since playing the games ALLLL the way back in the early 2000's. (SOOOOO WEIRD saying that, it doesn't seem very long ago!)

Hello everyone, I'm a hopeful member from Auburn Hills, MI. I've been wanting to join the 501st for roughly seven years, and I'm excited to finally have a chance. I'm not sure how to go about getting the outfit I'm looking for, or anything else regarding member ship. I don't have a TKID yet, but I'm still in the early stages of my application. Could someone assist me in trying to figure out how to get the outfit for an Imperial Knight?

Hello everyone, I'm from Northern Ireland, I'm currently a member of the causeway legion and working on my Nihilus KOTOR costume for the 501st garrison. I have a few bits of work done already, skirt and obi, and trying to use my limited sewing knowledge to make the Cape and outer tunic. I did cheat a bit and bought the mask and cowl already set up! The skirt needs some more work on the plating, planning to tidy it up a bit but hoping I'm not too far off. e9b5ce67ebff24ab36febe7c88c9462b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

My name is Bill Cravens from Kansas City. I am a member of the 501st, 70th explorers, and firehawk squad.  I am Darth Revan, and I joined to make the world a better place by making people smile!

Hello! My name is Maddie and I am from just east of Sacramento, Ca. I am not currently a 501st member but am looking to finish my first build so that I can join. I am not quite sure which garrison covers my area, the split between Central California Garrison and Golden Gate Garrison and where each one ends, the other begins I havent figured out. I think it would be Central California based off the 501st garrison map, but if someone is able to confirm that I would greatly appreciate it. 

I would like to join the 501st to be part of the greater star wars costuming community. I am a huge fan of star wars and love to dress in my imperial garb whenever I get the chance. I also would love to participate in the community events around the area with fellow star wars fans.

I am currently mid-build on a KOTFE/KOTET version Lana Beniko. I have been using the 501st CRL as well as lurking here using some of the visuals. Finally got the courage to join the forum. 

Hello everyone! My name’s John and from the Connecticut Garrison, ID-91316. My costumes are an ANH staff officer, imperial army trooper, and ROTJ royal guard. I’ve been working on making the CRL(s) for Jinata Security and the LMOs said this detachment would be the best fit. I’m looking forward to working with this detachment :). I got into the 501st because I love being a nerd, and when I found out I could help people at the same time, I had to. Hopefully we’ll all be back to trooping soon!

• Like 1

Hello 

My name is Crystal and I am currently working on a Visas Marr costume  from KOTOR II.  I am originally from Kansas but now live in Utah.  That would put in the Alpine Garrison I believe?  But I do hope to work on my Sith Lord costume soon and possible get accepted in the 501st.  If not then the costume endeavor is worth the experience.  Thank you for letting me say "hello!".