• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Introductions and Pending Forum Member Approval

Hello 

I'm Lindsay, my Doctor Aphra was just approved by 501st yesterday at noon. My announcement pic hasn't been posted yet. I am with the Bluegrass Garrison in Kentucky, Blue Sun squad. I'm not sure if I am a detachment member yet, but Nina Marley was asked to consult with my garrison on my costume due to their unfamiliarity with it and she gave me the thumbs up before my GML did, so that counts for something!!! My very first troop looks like it will be with a neighboring garrison, MidSouth, at the Knoxville Ice Bears game on 2/9/19. Any Flagship peeps in the Midsouth here?

Hello I'm TK52417/BH52417 from panhandle Florida . 501st Legion member with Florida Garrison, Parjai Squad and belong to Fisrt Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (expert infantry level) as well as Bounty Hunters Guild. I'm lucky to have a wonderful wife that not only encourages my love for Star Wars but also included it into our wedding, elegantly (sellers Star Wars wedding on YouTube if you want to see my jaw literally drop). This past Christmas she got me an ultra saber so I thought what better way to put it use than create another character. I'm looking at building Darth Nihilus, I would love any tips or advice from already established Darth Nihilus out there. 

Guest Rreid35

Hi my name's Rebecca and I'm originally from Atlanta but now live in Dallas, TX, which means I'll hopefully be joining Star Garrison. I'm just starting to begin on a Darth Talon build. I've always admired the 501st and have a serious passion for Star Wars and cosplay as well as volunteer work, so I figured it's a perfect match.

Hey everyone, my name is Matt and im not apart of the 501st but will be trying to join! I am starting a Darth Revan build and plan on doing the armor pieces with a 3D printer. I have a lot of work ahead of me but look forward to all of it.

Hi there!

My name is Luc, I'm a member of the Canadian Garrison of the 501st Legion. I live in the Greater Toronto Area.

Currently I have a 181st Tie Pilot on my 501st costume roster, however I've had several approved costumes in the past.

Have an idea in mind but it's on the down low so I'll be lurking here getting ideas.

Glad to be here!

Luc
TI-18610

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

Hi, just saw this thread and it occurred to me that I never introduced myself. :doh:

My name is Heda, I'm based in SoCal, and I'm currently finishing up Dr. Aphra. (Waiting to borrow a sewing machine with a more heavy duty needle for to put together the aviator's hat.)

Further down the line, I'd like to do Imperial Knight version of Marasiah Fel. Started putting it together years ago, just need to commit and get the armor pieces.

Hello everyone! My name is Tori and I am from the frozen wasteland of Wyoming. This lands me in the Mountain Garrison who I have been trooping with for like 3 years because I have been working on a kit for the mandalorian mercs for like 5 years, but have decided to put that on the back burner indefinitely for personal reasons. 

As far as the costume I want to work on, I am torn between starting with Visas Marr or Mara Jade. 

I want to join the 501st because on top of just loving the trooping I've already done as an unofficial member of the mercs, I want to be more involved and I also like the idea of not just having my mando, but being able to put smiles on peoples' faces while being the same characters that made me happy and inspired me growing up. Plus I'm basically the only (perspective) Mando for like 70 miles in any direction but there is a great 501st community in Wyoming and I love the community aspect of these groups, so not being a lone wolf sounds nice. 

Hello Everyone,

I am from Starkiller Garrison in Western PA. I have been a Legion member since 2017 with my ANH Stunt. I plan on building a Starkiller: Concept Sith Robes. This is a project where I plan on being very hands on. The Saber hilt, gloves and Boots will be the only pieces I buy outright. I look forward to learning a lot of new skills with this build.

A. Zavalanski

TK-24718

Starkiller Garrison

• Like 1

Heyo everyone!  I'm a prospective member from Virginia, and would be a member of Garrison Tyranus when I finish my armor and upload my CRL.  I'm interested in making a Sith Recluse armor from SWTOR.  I got asked to join the 501st by a member under the call sign Black Dragon. Great guy. I can't wait to start my armor and become a part of this family.

Hello All, I currently reside in Minnesota and am looking to join the Central Garrison. I'd like to do both Visas Marr (Unseen Unheard) and Iden Versio, I have several components for Versio because my boyfriend was hoping we could be in the same detachment but thought Visas looked pretty and a little more obtainable cost wise. I'm joining because my boyfriend is super passionate about Star Wars and I love all of the event opportunities to get involved with the community :)

6 hours ago, Thedroidurlooking4 said:

Hello All, I currently reside in Minnesota and am looking to join the Central Garrison. I'd like to do both Visas Marr (Unseen Unheard) and Iden Versio, I have several components for Versio because my boyfriend was hoping we could be in the same detachment but thought Visas looked pretty and a little more obtainable cost wise. I'm joining because my boyfriend is super passionate about Star Wars and I love all of the event opportunities to get involved with the community :)

Welcome to the forums!  I'd love to see a Visas Marr in MN, especially since I'm one of the only people that does Nihilus there lol.  If you need any help don't hesitate to ask.

1 hour ago, kracker98 said:

Welcome to the forums!  I'd love to see a Visas Marr in MN, especially since I'm one of the only people that does Nihilus there lol.  If you need any help don't hesitate to ask.

Oh cool! Yeah I'm hoping to find someone who will sew the costume for me. I met a lady on Etsy but she's starting college so she said it could take her up to four months vs 4-6weeks to complete the outfit for me. If you know anyone that would be willing to take on a project like that I'm willing to pay for the time, effort and skill (I'm hopeless with a sewing machine,lol)

8 minutes ago, Thedroidurlooking4 said:

Oh cool! Yeah I'm hoping to find someone who will sew the costume for me. I met a lady on Etsy but she's starting college so she said it could take her up to four months vs 4-6weeks to complete the outfit for me. If you know anyone that would be willing to take on a project like that I'm willing to pay for the time, effort and skill (I'm hopeless with a sewing machine,lol)

I'll have to think if I know of anyone locally.  Meanwhile you should start a WIP thread in the Visas Marr section, I'm sure there are others that have done the costume that can help you out.  

Hello!

My name is Morgan and I'm about to start work on my first costume (Darth Revan) to join the Empire City Garrison in NYC.

I'm looking forward to to joining my love for Star Wars with donating my time to a good cause. I've thought about joining the 501st for a few years and have finally decided to get the process going. A few of the guys from the Malaysia, Indonesia, and Philippine garrisons are responsible for convincing me to "do iiiiiiiit." :)

Hi Everyone. I am in Michigan and working one a costume that falls within this detachment (Mandalore the Ultimate). I am currently a member of the Mandalorian Mercs with two approved costumes with that group. I am excited about joining the 501st and expanding my Star Wars costuming!

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

My name is Jouko and I'm from Helsinki, Finland and I am a member of Nordic Garrison, TS-7858. I've had a few costumes in the past but now I'm only trooping with my Snowtrooper outfit, until my Imperial Officer costume arrives.

I've always been interested in the more obscure characters and I'm a big fan of Prince Xizor. I'd like to have a go at it later and I've done some research for finding a good mask maker.
Also one particular bounty hunter is on my mind but that project would need a team to succeed.

It's good to be here with you and I hope to join the detachment in the near future!

Hi I'm currently a RL member looking to get that dual membership! I was approved for my Scarif Jyn back in January and have done a few troops since then with Tatooine Base. I'm currently looking at doing Dr Aphra for my first 501st submission as I love the character and feel she is within reach of my skills and resources. I'm looking to join the Redback Garrison. 

I joined RL for my love of Star Wars but also to give my cosplaying greater meaning by helping out charity and community as I already enjoyed doing that with cosplaying for charity and doing appearances as various characters for community events. I've enjoyed all my troops so far with RL so decided I was happy to proceed with attempting 501st approval.

Atm I'm currently researching and will be able to make a start after my holiday in a few weeks (no, not Galaxy's Edge lol but Star Tours will be involved). 

So yes, any hints, tips, advice is most welcome.