• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Introductions and Pending Forum Member Approval

Hi All!

My name's Erin and I live in the South Island of New Zealand. I'll be joining Outpost 42 of the 501st. I want to join the 501st because they're positive people who use their Star Wars geekiness to do some good in the world. I've had several chances to talk to people from the 501st and I've really liked what I've seen.

As far as Flagship Eclipse costumes go, I really like Doctor Aphra but my first costume will be Darth Nihilus. He just looks so badass! 

Hope you're all well.

Cheers

Erin

Hello all!

I'm Michael from South Ogden, Utah. I'm part of the Alpine Garrison (since 2015) with 501st Legion approved costumes as Darth Maul SL-13597 and also as a Snow Trooper TS-13597. I also participate in a local saber performance group and will be submitting a Jedi to the Rebel Legion for approval in April. I'm currently in the research process for a third 501st costume, Darth Malgus. Malgus is one of my top choices for the next build. I would welcome any leads or suggestions that anyone has to locating and obtaining components (soft parts and armor) for this build as I'm pretty much shooting in the dark to get started. I appreciate any help I can get here. 

Thanks in advance, and may the Force serve you well.

• Like 1

Hi i´m Marc from the German Garrison (White Shadows Squad). I actually buid a Tusken, an Navytrooper and a Bikerscout and think about ordering a Darth Nihilus. Hope to find here some useful informations and new contacts.

• Like 1

Hey everyone I'm Tom from the Southern Dewback Garrison I'm hoping to join next month and I am currently working on a Grand Admiral Thrawn from the Rebels Season Finale. I would like suggestions and help as his Canon outfit is different from his Legends one and this is my first major Star Wars Cosplay build. I was told to post here by the Garrison about how I would go about making the armor Thrawn wears which is similar to General Veers along with his Canon Grand Admiral outfit. So any help would be appreciated! 

Thank you for reading! 

Have a great day.

• Like 1

Hi!

I'm Kelli from Pensacola, FL. I am wanting to make a Mara Jade costume. I have a friend who has been telling me about the 501st for years, and wanted to become a part of it. This is completely new to me, but I am very excited about getting started!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Hail I'm Austin From Michigan looking to join in with the great lakes garrison with the starkiller training gear (TIE factory) costume because Star wars and volunteer work together seems like my kind of thing. Any help with getting or making my costume would be greatly appreciated.

Hello there!

I'm John from Blowing Rock, NC.  I'm currently a member of the Carolina Garrison and I currently have a ANH Stunt TK, however I am working on a Heavy Weapons Trooper conversion for it and am also building a TIE pilot as well.  After attending the panel you guys had at Celebration (I was the guy with the black officer hat) I think I'd like to work on getting a Darth Revan and begin researching and building a Knight of Zakuul.  I would appreciate any help with either, especially the latter since no one has joined the Legion with a costume such as that before, but I am excited to get started!

Hello all!

I'm Michael from South Ogden, Utah. I'm part of the Alpine Garrison (since 2015) with 501st Legion approved costumes as Darth Maul SL-13597 and also as a Snow Trooper TS-13597. I also participate in a local saber performance group and will be submitting a Jedi to the Rebel Legion for approval in April. I'm currently in the research process for a third 501st costume, Darth Malgus. Malgus is one of my top choices for the next build. I would welcome any leads or suggestions that anyone has to locating and obtaining components (soft parts and armor) for this build as I'm pretty much shooting in the dark to get started. I appreciate any help I can get here.

Thanks in advance, and may the Force serve you well.

Malgus! Good luck with the build. If there is anyway I can help feel free to PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi!  I'm Lorelei, and I just became Garrison Carida Cadet #1721 on Saturday night.  I want to cosplay as Visas Marr.  I can't even sew a button back on my clothes very well, so I'm looking to commission someone to make the costume for me.  

I live in Northeast PA.  I'm almost 45 years old.  I have a 9 - 5 day job like most of the people in the rest of the world, and I am also an actress and DJ.  During the holiday season, I wear my elf costume when I volunteer ringing the bell for the Salvation Army.   I get more donations that way, and people always want to have pictures of themselves taken with me.  I love the positive attention I get from wearing the costume and I love the fact that I'm also getting donations for a worthy cause.  It's a total "win-win" situation.  That's what is drawing me to Garrison Carida (along with a love of Star Wars and costumes).   

I put a lot of other information about myself in my introduction in the Garrison Carida forum because I wasn't sure how much everyone wanted to know or how much I was supposed to say.  It was probably TMI, so I will keep this introduction shorter.  First, I am happy to be here.  Next, I have to wear glasses and can't wear contact lenses and I have a lot of concerns about this when it comes to cosplaying.  I think Visas Marr is perfect for me because not only is she a Sith (was for quite a while anyway) and I love Siths, but her eye area is covered.  Third, cost is an issue for me as well.  I can't afford to go over $500.00 for my costume.  I am considering a Jawa and an Imperial Officer if I can't do Visas Marr, but I really want to do Visas Marr.  A friend says I should go the Jawa way and my husband wants me to go the Imperial Officer way.  

I hope that on this forum I can make connections with people and resources to make the costume, as well as make friends with fellow Star Wars fans.

If anyone wants to know anything else, please just ask.  

• Like 1

Hello, I'm Beth and I'm looking to become a member of the Aurora Borealis Alaskan Outpost 501st and live in Anchorage. My sewing skills are slowly improving, and I've been involved in costuming and cosplaying for almost 5 years, with this new venture into the 501 being my biggest one yet. I want to try and fabricate the Dark Lady Lumiya with her lightwhip. When I'm not fabricating, I'm a happily married 32 year old nerd doing the 9-5 office job and playing video games.

I came by my passion of Star Wars genetically, both my parents and my mother's parents were huge Star Wars fans and I grew up watching the movies, but until now have never fabricated anything Star Wars related. I hope to find any help I can in creating a costume regulation worthy Lumiya so that I can fully join my fellow frozen Empire members as a member of the 501st. Like Lorelei I have to wear glasses as well and can't wear contacts, and with Lumiya already having part of her face concealed, I worry that it will be a large problem.

Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello!

I'm Mara from Portugal. Hoping to join 501st Portuguese Outpost with a Darth Traya costume.
I've been following the Portuguese Outpost for some time now, I have some friends there and recently my boyfriend joined with a Darth Nihilus, so it's about time I start thinking about getting my own costume :)

• Like 2

Hey y'all!!  I'm Dru Shu from Manheim, PA (Garrison Carida).  Been a member of the 501st for 4 years now!!  My lone costume thus far is a ROTJ Royal Guard.  But I'm looking to do a Darth Nihilus (COTF).  Looking forward to this and to start giving me a variety to sign up with a choice of costumes!! :)  I started a WIP thread in the Darth Nihilus section here, so check it out and feel free to give me any advice/answer questions I may have!!  If you have any questions for me, or about me, feel free to ask!!!  Hope to get to know some of you through this process!!

• Like 1

Hello all!! I am scottdm62 TK/BH 62000 from Bloodfin!! I am very interested in joining up as Revan. Seeing the cost it looks like something that will be around tax return.

I've been a member of the 501st since January of this year. So I a lot of regards I'm still new. I have to date around 20 troops in my TK and 1 in my BH this past weekend. I enjoy the heck out of this. Seeing the smiles of the people and knowing we made someone's day on one of the three hospital troops I've been blessed to be a part of really brings peace to my heart.

Well that's me. I'm on the look out for Revan armor I can afford that is passable by our CRL standards. Thank you for your time and may the Sith Lords bless you!!!

• Like 1

Hello all!! I am scottdm62 TK/BH 62000 from Bloodfin!! I am very interested in joining up as Revan. Seeing the cost it looks like something that will be around tax return.

I've been a member of the 501st since January of this year. So I a lot of regards I'm still new. I have to date around 20 troops in my TK and 1 in my BH this past weekend. I enjoy the heck out of this. Seeing the smiles of the people and knowing we made someone's day on one of the three hospital troops I've been blessed to be a part of really brings peace to my heart.

Well that's me. I'm on the look out for Revan armor I can afford that is passable by our CRL standards. Thank you for your time and may the Sith Lords bless you!!!

Well it looks like now I am going another way for my next costume. Apparently my Father's Day gift this year is Shadow Trooper Armor. Maybe next year for my sith. Happy and sad at the same time.

Thommy from York, PA. Will be with Garrison Carida hopefully with a Darth Nihilus. Also a member as a Jedi with RL - Ghost Base and Capital City Jedi Knights where I can also use this sith lord as a dueling character for CCJK.

I'm not sure if I've posted here before or not, but seeing as how I can't see much besides the welcome section and one other, I'm pretty sure I've never posted, or else posted, then got moved to inactive as I've been away for a long while. 

My name is Mara-Belle D'Lacur. I've had an unsubmitted Mara Jade catsuit costume for awhile and kept not submitting it because it wasn't yet up to my standards, let alone the 501st's. But as of now I have two(-ish) versions of the catsuit, cape, hood, bracers, etc. and am working on two more. One is a purple variant and one is the Allegiance version with armor. I'm also working on her Arica disguises and hopefully will have every costume (minus the Black Nebulae version because I never really cared for it) she has very soon. 

My home base is Star Garrison, as I live in North Houston; but we'll more than likely be moving back to the FL garrison sometime 2019/2020 to go back and work for The Mouse. My mother is currently not a member of either Legions yet, but we're working on submitting her Jedi and working on finishing her TIE Reserve for the December premiere of The Last Jedi. 

I can't wait to get to know you more of you all. Greetings to all of my Jade Sisters!!

MB D'Lacur
*MJLolanaK*
*MaraJadeLK*

Hi, I'm Matt, aka TK-52763 of MidSouth Garrison out of Knoxville. I've been in the 501st for a little over a year and a couple recent long troops have me wanting to do something that lets me sit down =). With Multiple Vaders and Kylos, I'm debating between Nihilus and Revan.

Hello, I'm Bob, TS-71837, a snowtrooper from the Dune Sea Garrison in Arizona.  I have quite a few 501st costumes on my list, but I'm here for info on the true dark lord, Revan, because nothing says less warm than a snowie than a black sith robe with armor.

Hi, I'm Federica, ID13516 from 501st Italica Garrison! I joined 501almost a year ago. I get my ID last august! My costume is Moff Nyna Calixte, alias Morrigan Corde from Star Wars Legacy Collection. Happy to be bere :)

Hi!  I'm Jeff ID27451 from the Wisconsin Garrison, Black Ice Squad.

My main reason for being here is to poke around and learn more about the Flagship Eclipse.

And to see if anyone has done a Naare costume.  If a realistic one could be done, I'd like to try it for my wife.

Thanks for letting me take a look around!

• Like 2

Hey y'all! My name is Lorelei, I'm from Pennsylvania, and I'm looking to join Garrison Carida and troop as a Seventh Sister of unparalleled awesomeness. I'm in the very beginning stages, mostly learning more about vacuum forming armor so I can get a perfect fit. I have plenty of experience with pattern drafting and sewing so I'm looking forward to the fabric parts of the build as well. Happy to be here, and excited to share the journey with y'all!

• Like 2

Hello from Wisconsin!

My name is Audrey and I am not a member yet. I just finished building Darth Maul for my husband and he was approved a couple of weeks ago (SL-61286 for Wisconsin Garrison - Blood Moon Squad). We are hoping to submit our Darth Maul - Black Sun (topless) build soon and then I can start working on a build of my own!

We found the 501st after doing Maul/Ventress for Halloween for the last couple of years, but my Ventress was not based off CRL, only a Deviant Art design, so I need to figure out which direction to take. I would like to do the Concept version, but with the hooded cloak. My only question would be that if I do a hooded version, would I be required to be bald, or could I wear a hijab?

I look forward to browsing the forums for more information and speaking with you all!

post-2368-0-84295900-1500358142_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Everyone.

Thanks for accepting me into the group. My name is Sam and i am from Western Australia. I am looking to become a member of Desert Scorpion Garrison and the Rebel Legion Wraith Base. I have starting crafting the Doctor Aphra red vest A costume and Sabine Wren season 3 costume which has be fun. My partner really got me into this, he joined before i did and is crafting his Shore trooper costume. I have always enjoyed star wars but my son was probably the real reason it went to the next level. Its been a family event to watch Clone wars and Rebels and is why Sabine Wren become one of many favourite characters. My partner is a star wars fanatic and got me into the comic books which i love and that is why Doc Aphra. I would love to be able to build triple Zero and BT01 to go along with my costume because that would be amazing. Another real reason why i want to join the groups, which is the most important to me is all the charity work you all do, that is something that is really close to my heart and nothing bets the feeling you get when you make someones day.

Thanks for taking the time to read my short novel LOL

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Sam

• Like 1

Hi Guys, I'm Fernando I'm in process to join 501st in the Brazilian Garrison. I've submitted my Darth Revan costume and I'm doing some adjustments. My with will start to work on her Doctor Alphra pretty soon.