• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Introductions and Pending Forum Member Approval

post-1480-0-23808300-1449278692_thumb.jpg Hi my name is Heath Wemmer,

I'm applying to be in Garrison Titan in Washington State and working on the character Grand Admiral Thrawn. I've been working on costumes, renactment garb, and other props for years. I've always wanted to do a Star Wars Character as far back as I can remember and Thrawn was one of my favorites. So far I have the tunic done and the pants, though they might be improper, so I may have to remake those. I'm starting construction on a temporary Rank Bar tonight for a few events in my local area.

Thanks for letting me Join.

Hi everyone. 

I am Jérôme, a french guy, so my apologies for my bad english, and my  grammar mistakes. Currently, I am not yet a member of any Garrison, but my aim is to join the French one. One of my aim is to finish a costume of...*drums* Darth Nihilus, the Lord of Hunger. 

I have never play to KOTOR nor COTF, but his costume is the one I prefer, when I look for Sith Lord. 

For now, the only costume I have is a Mandalorian one, but a custom one, and I don't have alreadw all pieces. I come here in order to find helps, and after my short readings of different topics, I am prettw sure I will find help :)

Hi Jérôme We are definitely here to help however we can.  You might not be a member yet, but definitely reach out to your local Troopers also as they will be one of your greatest assets to get things rolling.  We're a global family, and it starts with meeting your local folks, even if they don't have much knowledge of the costume you plan to do, they can still help in a variety of ways.   While you're here, don't hesitate to ask questions, our goal is to help you get the best information you can and make the best possible costume you want to build.

attachicon.gif12289765_1049464368431217_1349521577668286484_n.jpg Hi my name is Heath Wemmer,

I'm applying to be in Garrison Titan in Washington State and working on the character Grand Admiral Thrawn. I've been working on costumes, renactment garb, and other props for years. I've always wanted to do a Star Wars Character as far back as I can remember and Thrawn was one of my favorites. So far I have the tunic done and the pants, though they might be improper, so I may have to remake those. I'm starting construction on a temporary Rank Bar tonight for a few events in my local area.

Thanks for letting me Join.

Hi Heath, welcome.  Thrawn actually falls under the Imperial Officer Corps for costuming, available here: http://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/ and if you're unable to get the access you need, I always suggest finding a local member in your Garrison (Like the GML, or just a helpful member) to help you view what you need to find.  That being said, Flagship is home to many costumers who costume in many forms, not just the ones we have here, I'm a member of the IOC as well.   We can certainly work to help you here if you ever need assistance.   Welcome!

Hello,

My name is Casey from PA. I'm looking to join Garrison Cardia. With all the hype of The Force Awakens and Kylo Ren, I'd like to think out of the box a little and go back to the old Droids cartoon and go as my username states with the pirate Kybo Ren.

Hello,

My name is Casey from PA. I'm looking to join Garrison Cardia. With all the hype of The Force Awakens and Kylo Ren, I'd like to think out of the box a little and go back to the old Droids cartoon and go as my username states with the pirate Kybo Ren.

I love it Casey, as with everything we do around here, start with Research, Research, Research.  Get every possible screenshot you can, with every possible angle, and we will help you in any way we can.   Once you've got some good research started, feel free to share what you have and tell us what you're thinking.   Welcome.

Hey folks,

My name is Callum and I'm from Scotland in the UK. Looking to join UKG. Been looking around here for a while but finally decided to take the plunge and make an account after a busy week trooping for TFA and doing charity events for CHAS (in borrowed kit).

I'm in the process of putting together my first costume, which is going to be Darth Nihilus. I'm waiting on getting the majority of parts from MWA as I've not got any experience sewing or modifying fabric! So far I have the gloves (done some light weathering to those), boots (seem ok, but not 100% sure if right), leather belt I made myself and balaclava for under all the head gear... hopefully that lot is ok.

Will post up pics of what I have so far in a build thread soon, will probably be around new year when I get the stuff from MWA then I can see what I'll need to modify or add to get it approved here :D

Hello! I'm Kaylan, and I'm going to be working on a Seventh Sister costume. I'm not currently a member of the 501st - this will be my first costume for the group. I'm in the Dune Sea Garrison area, and my husband is working on applying with his Tusken Raider. 

This isn't going to be the world's easiest costume, that's for certain. :)

Hey folks,

My name is Callum and I'm from Scotland in the UK. Looking to join UKG. Been looking around here for a while but finally decided to take the plunge and make an account after a busy week trooping for TFA and doing charity events for CHAS (in borrowed kit).

I'm in the process of putting together my first costume, which is going to be Darth Nihilus. I'm waiting on getting the majority of parts from MWA as I've not got any experience sewing or modifying fabric! So far I have the gloves (done some light weathering to those), boots (seem ok, but not 100% sure if right), leather belt I made myself and balaclava for under all the head gear... hopefully that lot is ok.

Will post up pics of what I have so far in a build thread soon, will probably be around new year when I get the stuff from MWA then I can see what I'll need to modify or add to get it approved here :D

Welcome Callum, glad to see you're getting involved even if you're not official yet!   That's the best part of getting to know your new family.   Welcome aboard, as always feel free to start your own WIP as well as get into the nitty gritty of what other folks have already done, there's loads of information out there!

Hello! I'm Kaylan, and I'm going to be working on a Seventh Sister costume. I'm not currently a member of the 501st - this will be my first costume for the group. I'm in the Dune Sea Garrison area, and my husband is working on applying with his Tusken Raider. 

This isn't going to be the world's easiest costume, that's for certain. :)

Hi Kaylan, welcome to Flagship.  Costumes around here tend to be a little more difficult for a lot of reasons.  As always, gather your research, see what other folks have already done, and blaze trails of your own when needed.  We're here to help you along the way.  Also, don't forget to grab your local folks and get their input, remember, they all were in your shoes at one point.

hello all i belong to the aurora borealis garrison in Alaska my name is jon and i am not currently apart of the 501st or rebel legion. for my first costume i am looking to make an old republic sith acolyte 

Hi everyone, I'm Steve. This is my first costume, which I'm doing Darth Revan. I've ordered the deluxe armor from MWA. Looking forward to making the final alterations once I receive it for my application to the 501st through the Mountain Garrison.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hei, I'm Fritz from Jakarta,Indonesia. I'm going to join the Indonesian outpost and planning to make Darth Bane Costume. I still don't know which one i'm going to make, may be someone can help me pick one  :)). It is either from the canon (clone wars series, the ghost of him) or from the legends ( the orbalisk armor) haha. very nice to meet you guys!!

Hello!  I am Lucas Jennings from the Florida Garrison, Everglades Squad.  I have been in the 501st legion for just over a year as a Tusken Raider (DZ 10228).  I recently purchased berzerker's  Starkiller Tatooine Variant.  I am also throwing around the idea of doing a Rexus Prime build as well.

Hi! I'm SL 12312 from Indonesia Outpost! I'm here to research on Darth Nihilus and Revanamong other things. My adventures with the 501st so far has been awesome. I'm looking forward to chat and learn from you guys here at Flagship Eclipse detachment!

hello all i belong to the aurora borealis garrison in Alaska my name is jon and i am not currently apart of the 501st or rebel legion. for my first costume i am looking to make an old republic sith acolyte 

Welcome Jon, we've got a lot of great links out there.   Be sure to read up and ask questions.  Enjoy your stay!

Hi everyone, I'm Steve. This is my first costume, which I'm doing Darth Revan. I've ordered the deluxe armor from MWA. Looking forward to making the final alterations once I receive it for my application to the 501st through the Mountain Garrison.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi Steve, we've got some great tutorials out there to help you, but if you have any questions, we're here to help.   

Hei, I'm Fritz from Jakarta,Indonesia. I'm going to join the Indonesian outpost and planning to make Darth Bane Costume. I still don't know which one i'm going to make, may be someone can help me pick one  :)). It is either from the canon (clone wars series, the ghost of him) or from the legends ( the orbalisk armor) haha. very nice to meet you guys!!

Hi Fritz, welcome!   The real answer is something you need to decide, for sure.   For all the time, money and energy we put into our craft, you're the one who has to be happy with the decision.   :)

Hello!  I am Lucas Jennings from the Florida Garrison, Everglades Squad.  I have been in the 501st legion for just over a year as a Tusken Raider (DZ 10228).  I recently purchased berzerker's  Starkiller Tatooine Variant.  I am also throwing around the idea of doing a Rexus Prime build as well.

Hi Lucas!  Welcome.   We have a few good threads going on both those kits.   If you're missing any information, feel free to ask around and get the info you need.

Hi! I'm SL 12312 from Indonesia Outpost! I'm here to research on Darth Nihilus and Revanamong other things. My adventures with the 501st so far has been awesome. I'm looking forward to chat and learn from you guys here at Flagship Eclipse detachment!

Welcome Waffle.   We've got a lot of costumers out there for both those options, so we can definitely help you along the way.   Check out the existing threads and we're here to answer any questions.

Hello all! My name is Mike Brunco and I'm a member of the New England Garrison (IC-7796). I don't have a TFE approved costume but am helping a recruit build a Darth Revan. Looking forward to checking things out!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Hello TFE. My name is Christopher Davis, from Lexington Kentucky. My wife and I are members of the Corellian Base of the Rebel Legion with generic Jedi costumes. I am starting new costumes for the both of us, and my wife has decided to go with a Sinya costume. As I am the costumer in the house, I am posting on her behalf. We look forward to both becoming official 501st members as well as getting to know everybody in the detachment.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Hello all! My name is Mike Brunco and I'm a member of the New England Garrison (IC-7796). I don't have a TFE approved costume but am helping a recruit build a Darth Revan. Looking forward to checking things out!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Excellent to hear Mike!   Glad to hear you're mentoring folks to help bring them in!  Outstanding!  They're naturally welcome to make an account here, but your access will be even more helpful.   Please let us know if you have any questions along the way.

Hello TFE. My name is Christopher Davis, from Lexington Kentucky. My wife and I are members of the Corellian Base of the Rebel Legion with generic Jedi costumes. I am starting new costumes for the both of us, and my wife has decided to go with a Sinya costume. As I am the costumer in the house, I am posting on her behalf. We look forward to both becoming official 501st members as well as getting to know everybody in the detachment.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Hey Christopher, I know that feeling.   My wife is currently making a Jedi, I was impressed she made her own forum account over there.   Though I'm definitely the costumer in the house myself.   We're happy to help in any way we can, Sinya is a great option and I look forward to seeing your progress.

Hello there!!! 

I'm Fran "StarGuard", member of the Spanish Garrison. 

I've decided star with a Nihilus COTF, my second costume :)

Thanks Michael for you quick answer :)

Hi Fran.  Welcome.  We're happy to help you with whatever you need along the way. 

Hi everyone :) My name is Marissa and I'm from The Netherlands. I've been following the 501st for a while now and it would be a dream come true to join the Dutch Garrison. I'm so busy finishing my degree that I don't have much time for crafting yet, but my goal is to start working on my costume in the summer. I thought I'd join already to just browse what others are doing/have done, since I'm not sure yet what costume I want to go for. I'm a big fan of The Old Republic game, but also love Mara Jade, so at least I know that TFE is the place to be for me! :)

Hello all,

I'm Michael from Fort Worth, joining Star Garrison/North Texas. I am currently working on getting my Darth Nihlius gear together at the moment and I'm looking forward to being part of the community. I think it's wonderful that the 501st goes to the charity events that they do and I can't wait to be a part of it. I'm a photographer based out of Dallas so if anyone needs photos of their characters let me know !! I'm looking for extra large gloves for Nihlius if anyone knows where to get a nice pair as well as size 15 boots, and and all help is appreciated !! I look forward to knowing you all !!

Cheers

Hello Im YourMaster Im currently Part of the MMCC and would like to be part of the 501st as well! I live in Halifax ,  Nova Scotia Canada. I really enjoy costuming And screen quality costumes! Ive already begun to build my Kylo Ren kit.  Not really sure what garrison i will fall into. I dont beleave we have one here were i live. But i have friends in the 501st a province over So it wont take long to find out!

Hi everyone!

I have been lurking around here for many years! Have always wanted to start on my costumes, but first I was busy with school and had no money, then I started work and had no life, then I got married and had a kid... Then I realized that I will never get started if I don't leap into it! So here I am.

I am from Singapore, but currently not in the 501st. I do have a completed generic Jedi, but that is about all.

I have been contemplating an Imperial Knight, a Revan (Got the mask from wickedarmor so far), and a Prototype Boba Fett for some time.

Having narrowed down to Imperial Knight, I realized that there isn't as much information as I had hoped for. So here I am, registering myself and hoping to get some guidance and advice along the way to completing my IK. (I did stumble across starfortressproduction, but a quick google told me to stay far far away from them)

Hope I did not ramble too much. It's good to be on board! :)