• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Introductions and Pending Forum Member Approval

Hello! Chris here. I'm looking to join the Southern California garrison and am currently trying to complete my Mara Jade kit. Ive always loved Star Wars and cosplay and this organization was a great way to not only challenge myself to higher standards of costume creation but a great way to connect with a community of like minded people!

Welcome Chris, you're in the right place.  We've got plenty of research material and great folks to help you stay challenged and to help you succeed.

Hello, Nick here. I'm over in Star Garrison's territory, and I am hoping to do a Darth Revan, one of my favorites. What with my schedule at the moment I doubt I'll be able to start it any time soon, but I do want to at least get as much research done as possible so that I know where to go when I can start building it.

Welcome Nick, we've got quite a bit of information out there.  As you read up, feel free to ask questions if you find something you'd like to know more about.

Greeting all.

I am Josh, I currently live where I will be joining the Diamond Garrison in Arkansas.  I am not 100% sure what costume I will be building, but fairly sure it will be one of the expanded universe Sith Lords  (Currently thinking Malgus or Revan of the ones I found guides for, but I was originally thinking Bane, Vindican, or Arcann if I can find information for them).

Hello, I am Jonathan Wolk, "Evilboy", and I am TX9586 of Garrison Tyranus in Northern Virginia, USA.

I have a Shadowtrooper, am finishing a TK and an Imperial Officer, and plan on doing several others.

I also make costume accessories, props and displays for costumers and collectors theough my own business, Used Future Workshop LLC!

Greeting all.

I am Josh, I currently live where I will be joining the Diamond Garrison in Arkansas.  I am not 100% sure what costume I will be building, but fairly sure it will be one of the expanded universe Sith Lords  (Currently thinking Malgus or Revan of the ones I found guides for, but I was originally thinking Bane, Vindican, or Arcann if I can find information for them).

Welcome Josh!   I definitely encourage some serious soul searching on that one.  There's nothing wrong with doing a second choice later, but realistically when that second happens could be an even longer journey.   Be sure you truly love your first pick!   Definitely do your homework and let us know if we may be of any assistance.

Hello, I am Jonathan Wolk, "Evilboy", and I am TX9586 of Garrison Tyranus in Northern Virginia, USA.

I have a Shadowtrooper, am finishing a TK and an Imperial Officer, and plan on doing several others.

I also make costume accessories, props and displays for costumers and collectors theough my own business, Used Future Workshop LLC!

Glad to have you here Jonathan, I've been debating hitting you up for some fans for my new bucket.  Goal is to get the kit done first though. :)   Welcome aboard!

I may have done this a while ago, but figured it can't hurt to reintroduce myself. My name is Arlene and I'm part of Garrison Titan operating out of the Seattle area. I've loved Star Wars forever and am very happy trooping as a Sand Person. However I have been working at getting a Mara Jade (black jumpsuit ) together. I just need to get over my fear of stretchy fabric. Would love any helpful hints. Happy Trooping Everyone!!

CrimsonWitch

DZ-61170

Garrison Titan

• Like 1

Hello all,

My name is Shawn and I live in Canada in the province of Quebec.so I'll be joining the canadian garrison. I'm a big fan of the Kotor serie so I got a Darth Revan costume which is almost complete.  I'm still searching for a pair of boots to go with it and maybe a new shirt because the one i have is a little hot.  I'm still thinking of a way to attach a saber on it too.  If you have any suggestion i'm always happy to here them. 

Happy trooping

Shawn

Hi All!

I am Jeff, from New Mexico.  I have hung out with the Dewback Ridge out here and have a few builds going right now.  The first two aren't really for here, Kylo Ren and Grand Admiral, but the third...oh the third.  I'll be doing Darth Sion.  I have already begun, and am just awaiting getting a couple things back.  But I should have the first edition done in the next month, and then we will see how close I am.

Can't wait to post my progress, and will begin a thread this weekend.  Thanks all!

-Jeffery

I may have done this a while ago, but figured it can't hurt to reintroduce myself. My name is Arlene and I'm part of Garrison Titan operating out of the Seattle area. I've loved Star Wars forever and am very happy trooping as a Sand Person. However I have been working at getting a Mara Jade (black jumpsuit ) together. I just need to get over my fear of stretchy fabric. Would love any helpful hints. Happy Trooping Everyone!!

CrimsonWitch

DZ-61170

Garrison Titan

There are certainly worse fears to have.   Always glad to have you Arlene.   :)

Hello all,

My name is Shawn and I live in Canada in the province of Quebec.so I'll be joining the canadian garrison. I'm a big fan of the Kotor serie so I got a Darth Revan costume which is almost complete.  I'm still searching for a pair of boots to go with it and maybe a new shirt because the one i have is a little hot.  I'm still thinking of a way to attach a saber on it too.  If you have any suggestion i'm always happy to here them. 

Happy trooping

Shawn

Welcome Shawn, Revan can be a lot of fun to wear.   We have a few good boot threads this is one in particular.  http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1474-revan-boots/ There are also a couple others as well.  The details above the ankle are less important than everything above the ankle in this case, as that's what we have the most reference of.   As for a way to hold the saber, you might make a little sleeve inside the hakama to store it out of sight, but there's no reference to go on for attaching it traditionally.   Hooray for lazy early 2000's programming.   Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Hi All!

I am Jeff, from New Mexico.  I have hung out with the Dewback Ridge out here and have a few builds going right now.  The first two aren't really for here, Kylo Ren and Grand Admiral, but the third...oh the third.  I'll be doing Darth Sion.  I have already begun, and am just awaiting getting a couple things back.  But I should have the first edition done in the next month, and then we will see how close I am.

Can't wait to post my progress, and will begin a thread this weekend.  Thanks all!

-Jeffery

Hey Jeff, despite what might be seen, we've actually got a large amount of Kylo Ren R&D on these boards, and at least a couple members are complete or nearly complete on building their own kits.   We don't have anything approved at the Legion level, but you might check out what they've got going already.   We're definitely interested to see what you're working on also, so feel free to share your work!  Let us know if we may be of any help.

Hello Sebastian . tr / td - 4886 . with polish garizon . created a sith trooper outfit and started naked orchards . legion 501 since 2005 with a small break after 4 years . but it will not grow . and be impossible to forget that legionary brothers

Hi! My name is Erin. I am currently working on Darth Traya for the Great Lakes Garrison. I have done professional costuming for queens, pirates, peasants, etc, but this is my first venture into the 501st. :-) So very excited! We do lots of volunteer activities with our other garb, but now this is where we want to join.... I am a chick who loves star wars and always have. I love volunteerin in garb as it is a great responsibility--to children, and some adults, we are totally real. We being it to life. Does it get better? ?!!

HI! My name's Leslie.

I started work on a Visas Marr costume seven years ago. But life got away from me--I got married and had two kids. Now that I finally have a handle on it again, I'd like to start from scratch (because the first attempt just wasn't working out). Visas is still my favorite character, but I may branch out into Revan and Princess Leia down the road, or make my husband a TIE pilot costume eventually.

My name is Jeremy and I'm from BatonRouge la. I'm with bast alpha garrison as TB 43759. I joined in hopes to start on an acolyte but a friend from my garrison who is also a member of the RL does Kanan and he and I are both lanky guys and think it would be cool if I did an inquisitor. I saw one wip here when I joined but can't seem to find it now. Im sure over the almost year I've been here more have followed. If anyone can help with either costume I'd be so grateful. I hear this is a great group here much like the pathfinders. Thanks so much!

Hello, my name's Yee. TK-18238 from the UK Garrison. After having done many costumes with limited vision and/or breathing and/or movement I've been looking at possibly doing a Starkiller. TIE training gear is probably my favourite (although Lord Starkiller is very sweet but again with the vision and breathing) so I've been doing some research on it. The more I look at it the more I like it, not sure if I like the idea of doing a character that shows my full face but I do really like the idea of moving and seeing and breathing. I shall lurk around here some more. 

Hi, my name is Laura Edisa, i´m from Colombia, I´ve got a costume of Mara Jade Black Suit, and i´m in process of certification trough Venezuela´s outpost, my english is not to good jeje, so I hope don´t mess so much when I write here jajaja. I´m joining to the 501st because first of all I become a Star Wars fan, my son is a huge fan, my boyfriend too, so I start to enter in this world and now I love it, and second, and a great reason to make a costume, when we start to talk about the suits and the legions, we see all the good things that the legions do for other people, for children, for everyone, so that gives me the push to make a costume, because all this has a great great cause behind.

I make my costume based on the page of 501st, my boyfriend help me a lot with all the accessories, and now just waiting for the results, the comments for any change, to make everything the best as we can, and also waiting to start helping others =) 

Is it fear of wearing or sewing? If sewing, make sure to use ball point needles, otherwise you will kill the fabric.. .

Both. Really it's the sewing part. Thanks for the needle tip. Any others would be appreciated.

CrimsonWitch

DZ-61170

Garrison Titan

Hello Sebastian . tr / td - 4886 . with polish garizon . created a sith trooper outfit and started naked orchards . legion 501 since 2005 with a small break after 4 years . but it will not grow . and be impossible to forget that legionary brothers

Welcome Sebastian, we're here to help in any way we can.

Hi! My name is Erin. I am currently working on Darth Traya for the Great Lakes Garrison. I have done professional costuming for queens, pirates, peasants, etc, but this is my first venture into the 501st. :-) So very excited! We do lots of volunteer activities with our other garb, but now this is where we want to join.... I am a chick who loves star wars and always have. I love volunteerin in garb as it is a great responsibility--to children, and some adults, we are totally real. We being it to life. Does it get better? ?!!

Hi Erin.  You are certainly in the right place.  We have a lot of information to read here, and hopefully provide some insight.  Don't hesitate to ask if you get stuck!

HI! My name's Leslie.

I started work on a Visas Marr costume seven years ago. But life got away from me--I got married and had two kids. Now that I finally have a handle on it again, I'd like to start from scratch (because the first attempt just wasn't working out). Visas is still my favorite character, but I may branch out into Revan and Princess Leia down the road, or make my husband a TIE pilot costume eventually.

Welcome Leslie.  We're going through the start from scratch issue a little here, helping my wife make a Jedi for Rebel Legion.   Glad to have you back on the project though, we're here to help if you need anything.

My name is Jeremy and I'm from BatonRouge la. I'm with bast alpha garrison as TB 43759. I joined in hopes to start on an acolyte but a friend from my garrison who is also a member of the RL does Kanan and he and I are both lanky guys and think it would be cool if I did an inquisitor. I saw one wip here when I joined but can't seem to find it now. Im sure over the almost year I've been here more have followed. If anyone can help with either costume I'd be so grateful. I hear this is a great group here much like the pathfinders. Thanks so much!

Hi Jeremy, check this link out and if you have any trouble, let me know  http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1530-sw-rebels-inquisitor/

Hello, my name's Yee. TK-18238 from the UK Garrison. After having done many costumes with limited vision and/or breathing and/or movement I've been looking at possibly doing a Starkiller. TIE training gear is probably my favourite (although Lord Starkiller is very sweet but again with the vision and breathing) so I've been doing some research on it. The more I look at it the more I like it, not sure if I like the idea of doing a character that shows my full face but I do really like the idea of moving and seeing and breathing. I shall lurk around here some more. 

Welcome Yee.  We have our share of limited visibility costumes as well, if you ever feel like you're missing out.  :)    I'm all about the Lord version personally but we've got great information on the Tie Training gear also.   As someone with an Officer, I like it a lot when I can see all the way, but I do have to be mindful of if I shaved or not.

Hi, my name is Laura Edisa, i´m from Colombia, I´ve got a costume of Mara Jade Black Suit, and i´m in process of certification trough Venezuela´s outpost, my english is not to good jeje, so I hope don´t mess so much when I write here jajaja. I´m joining to the 501st because first of all I become a Star Wars fan, my son is a huge fan, my boyfriend too, so I start to enter in this world and now I love it, and second, and a great reason to make a costume, when we start to talk about the suits and the legions, we see all the good things that the legions do for other people, for children, for everyone, so that gives me the push to make a costume, because all this has a great great cause behind.

I make my costume based on the page of 501st, my boyfriend help me a lot with all the accessories, and now just waiting for the results, the comments for any change, to make everything the best as we can, and also waiting to start helping others =) 

Welcome Laura.  You're welcome to post in the Mara threads with what you have and we'll be happy to assist with any questions you may have.   We have a pretty diverse group of folks, so we'll work in any way we can to communicate more effectively.  Enjoy your stay!

Hey there I am Kevin. I am from Port St. Lucie Florida. I have been armor building for 5 yrs or so now and a fellow member of another cosplay group I am part of convinced me it was time to join with the 501st. I have made a few Attempts at an Sith Acolyte but its time. Shortly I will be starting my build. Watching the intros in SWTOR they just all ways looked to me like a walk armor brute force wielding tank. Those are the type of characters I seem to gravitate to.

Hi Everyone! SL9713 here.  :-D   It's been a couple of years since I've been here, on the forum. Still troopin' with Traya, tho! :-)   ( & for those of you who don't know; I was the First Darth Traya approved by the Legion. :mrgreen: )

Just wanted to say "HI"!

We ARE Legend!!!

Hello, all. I'm Liz (SL-93051) from Garrison Titan. 

Traya was my first costume, and I'm now trying to decide what's next... Too many options to choose from, really!

I'm a rather experienced seamstress, so I can help with any Traya costuming questions or just Star Wars costuming questions in general, as I have made a number of costumes for folks looking to be Jedi or Sith. 

I'm also a member of the Jet City Saber Guild here in Seattle where I play a Twi'lek Sith named Darth Vayne, and we work alongside the 501st for a lot of different events, so I'll always be seen with one or the other! :)

• Like 1

Hey there I am Kevin. I am from Port St. Lucie Florida. I have been armor building for 5 yrs or so now and a fellow member of another cosplay group I am part of convinced me it was time to join with the 501st. I have made a few Attempts at an Sith Acolyte but its time. Shortly I will be starting my build. Watching the intros in SWTOR they just all ways looked to me like a walk armor brute force wielding tank. Those are the type of characters I seem to gravitate to.

One of us, one of us....   Welcome Kevin, you're darn right it is time!    We've got some great threads in the Acolyte section so be sure to check that out, and ask questions if you have any troubles.  Naturally, your local guys can also be a great help.  

Hi Everyone! SL9713 here.  :-D   It's been a couple of years since I've been here, on the forum. Still troopin' with Traya, tho! :-)   ( & for those of you who don't know; I was the First Darth Traya approved by the Legion. :mrgreen: )

Just wanted to say "HI"!

We ARE Legend!!!

Welcome back Demon!  Sorry again about that hiccup, we've taken every step possible to get that fixed.   Moving forward!   I'll be happy to send any potential Traya's your direction if you're interested in assisting.

Hello, all. I'm Liz (SL-93051) from Garrison Titan. 

Traya was my first costume, and I'm now trying to decide what's next... Too many options to choose from, really!

I'm a rather experienced seamstress, so I can help with any Traya costuming questions or just Star Wars costuming questions in general, as I have made a number of costumes for folks looking to be Jedi or Sith. 

I'm also a member of the Jet City Saber Guild here in Seattle where I play a Twi'lek Sith named Darth Vayne, and we work alongside the 501st for a lot of different events, so I'll always be seen with one or the other! :)

Glad to have you Liz.we're here to help in any choice you do decide to make.  And your experience and expertise is appreciated.   I'll be sure to keep your name in the back of my head if any new folks come asking questions.   Also, very cool with Saber Guild.  Some friends I know just got a group started and they're really enjoying it, I would like to see a group local to myself do more.

Hi I'm LightedDark,

I'm hoping to join the Canadian Garrison and I plan to do a Raven costume. Mostly because KOTOR is the first computer RP I finished and I like Raven. I was hoping that I could get some advice on the armour, as it's the part that worries me the most, the sewing I should be able to handle.

Also I'm girl is there anything to keep in mind about the Raven armour? I mean is there a differance for male and female.

Hi, my name is Josué and trying to get in the 501st Legion Costa Rica, im making my Darth Revan costume and just finish making the armor in leather. Hope it looks ok, never done one before. My mask is made with an aluminium plate and its made by hand. I also add some battle damage to it, i really hope you guys like it, its been hours of work on it. Im working now on the outfit.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/137310019@N08/0jKPzs

Made some changes on thecostume and think its looking better. Gotta work on my arms armor.

Hi I'm Luis C, SL-18500 from the Carolina Garrison / Garrison Tyranus. I'm Darth Revan and I'm currently working on a Madalorian costume.

Being part of the 501st Legion is a dream come truth, I have always been a Star Wars fan and collector sine a young age, can't never get enough!

I love being active, going on troops and involving myself on wherever I can to help the garrison take a step forward!  

post-1412-0-65382000-1444869047_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi I'm LightedDark,

I'm hoping to join the Canadian Garrison and I plan to do a Raven costume. Mostly because KOTOR is the first computer RP I finished and I like Raven. I was hoping that I could get some advice on the armour, as it's the part that worries me the most, the sewing I should be able to handle.

Also I'm girl is there anything to keep in mind about the Raven armour? I mean is there a differance for male and female.

Hi LightedDark, as the Legacy Canon for Revan is a male, there's no difference of gender to be concerned with.  We have a lot of great costumers out there and our threads here are a great way to get started on your build.  Feel free to dig in and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Hi, my name is Josué and trying to get in the 501st Legion Costa Rica, im making my Darth Revan costume and just finish making the armor in leather. Hope it looks ok, never done one before. My mask is made with an aluminium plate and its made by hand. I also add some battle damage to it, i really hope you guys like it, its been hours of work on it. Im working now on the outfit.

Hi Josue, welcome.   I'm interested to see what you have out of leather, a few of us have been discussing a way to do a rigid armor, so please post what you have in the Revan threads  and we'd love to have you join that discussion.

Hi I'm Luis C, SL-18500 from the Carolina Garrison / Garrison Tyranus. I'm Darth Revan and I'm currently working on a Madalorian costume.

Being part of the 501st Legion is a dream come truth, I have always been a Star Wars fan and collector sine a young age, can't never get enough!

I love being active, going on troops and involving myself on wherever I can to help the garrison take a step forward!  

Hi Luis, you have some pretty great folks with Carolina and Tyranus, love the 105th Squad guys too.  Glad to have you, if we can be of any help, please let me know.  and if you see Tiger or Vixen, say hi for me.