• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Introductions and Pending Forum Member Approval

I'm Jason from Mississippi, and hope to join the Rancor Raiders garrison.  This will be my first endevour into cosplay and am looking to do a Sith Acolyte costume.  I realized that i wanted to join the 501st when my brother joined another group, it looked fun, but lacked some authenticness.

Hey! My name is Miska (male) and I'm from Stockholm, Sweden. Might join the Nordic Garrison, or who ever wants me in. Got recommended to join these forums from a fellow Sith colleague from USA.

I want to make a Sith costume of my own so would appreciate any help possible that I can get. Don't know yet whose costume to follow. All guidelines are welcome, especially inspiration from all of you.

EDIT: Made up my mind. I would like to create following costumes:

Darth Nihilus, Darth Revan and Starkiller: Concept Sith Robes

Hi, my name is Thomas, and I'm from the area surrounding Portland, OR. I'll be joining the Cloud City Garrison after completing my first TK. I'm discussing the possibility of commissioning a Darth Revan costume from Robert at MWA. I'll be following these forums very closely in the meantime.

Hello my name is Che and looking to costume as Revan in the Star Garrison in Texas and will hopefully have a costume soon. This has been a lifelong dream but finally have the time. Hope to learn a lot.

Odd, I know I posted previously, but I am still not able to create a new thread in the off topic area. Actually, I have a question about a SW piece I'm working on, though not a costume, it is a decal, and I would love input on it. Not sure if there is a place I can post that for feedback? 

Anyhow, I'll say Hi again! I have not been able to start any costumes thus far, but I hope I can get the extra income to begin one soon, and really before Epidode 7, cause I don't wanna show up opening night nekked aka costume-less! :(  I'm thinking I might just have to start with a female AT-AT pilot! :D

I'm Jason from Mississippi, and hope to join the Rancor Raiders garrison.  This will be my first endevour into cosplay and am looking to do a Sith Acolyte costume.  I realized that i wanted to join the 501st when my brother joined another group, it looked fun, but lacked some authenticness.

Welcome to TFE! I hope you find what you are looking for here.

Hey! My name is Miska (male) and I'm from Stockholm, Sweden. Might join the Nordic Garrison, or who ever wants me in. Got recommended to join these forums from a fellow Sith colleague from USA.

I want to make a Sith costume of my own so would appreciate any help possible that I can get. Don't know yet whose costume to follow. All guidelines are welcome, especially inspiration from all of you.

I currently have a Darth Revan myself that I commissioned from MWA. You will find lots of help on the Darth Revan forum for that particular costume! However, our Costume Mentors are always willing to help and say hello!

Hi, my name is Thomas, and I'm from the area surrounding Portland, OR. I'll be joining the Cloud City Garrison after completing my first TK. I'm discussing the possibility of commissioning a Darth Revan costume from Robert at MWA. I'll be following these forums very closely in the meantime.

Please see above. Feel free to lurk, but ask questions! No question is stupid and we are always willing to help.

Hello my name is Che and looking to costume as Revan in the Star Garrison in Texas and will hopefully have a costume soon. This has been a lifelong dream but finally have the time. Hope to learn a lot.

We have lots of them here for you to choose one (or more).

Odd, I know I posted previously, but I am still not able to create a new thread in the off topic area. Actually, I have a question about a SW piece I'm working on, though not a costume, it is a decal, and I would love input on it. Not sure if there is a place I can post that for feedback? 

Anyhow, I'll say Hi again! I have not been able to start any costumes thus far, but I hope I can get the extra income to begin one soon, and really before Epidode 7, cause I don't wanna show up opening night nekked aka costume-less! :(  I'm thinking I might just have to start with a female AT-AT pilot! :D

Lots of people start with the AT-AT pilots or even the Imperial Officers. There is nothing wrong with that. We all have our own level of commitment whether it is money or number of costumes to just the amount we troop. As long as you smile while you are doing it, then that is all that matters.

WELCOME TO ALL OF YOU!

Hi I am Christopher Cauwels. I am working slowly on a Darth Revan build starting with the mask as a pepakura build. I am a member of the Midwest Garrison and have a crewmen and reserve pilot. I joined due to being a Star Wars fan and always wanting to build a Darth Revan or another video game character from Star Wars as I am going into the video games industry.

Hello,  My name is Shane Kunze and I am from Lakeland, FL.  If I become a member I will be a part of the Florida Garrison.  I am interested in becoming Darth Revan.  I attend Star Wars Weekends every year and I have always been interested in the 501st.  When I learned of the charity events and the efforts to give back to the community, I knew this was an organization I wanted to be a part of and I think I have a lot to offer the 501st.  I look forward to getting know everyone here and I will likely need some help/advie with the costume.

Thanks,

Shane

• Like 1

Greetings all! I'm Cyan and I am a graduate student who currently lives in two different states (TN and VA) so I've signed up for MidSouth Garrison and Garrison Tyranus. I'm hoping to build a Asajj Ventress Nightsister costume for Dragoncon this fall and perhaps make a Femme Darth Revan sometime in the future. As for why I hope to join 501st, I love SW and have always wanted to make an Empire costume!

Hi all

I'm Michael, From the UK, registered with the UK Garrison but no approved costumes yet. :(

I ordered a Darth Revan costume this week, now just have the long wait for it to arrive. can't wait.

Reason for joining, well as it is said, "Bad Guys doing Good". The UK Garrision are always out in force (no pun intended) on May the 4th at Legoland Windsor and we always go as my son, who is autistic, loves to see all the characters there. The fact that you all give up your time to do this and any money goes to charity as well is great. so I just want to help out as well and get involved.

Plus who wouldn't want to dress up as Star Wars characters and pretend that your from that universe :D

• Like 1

Hey Jason, welcome.  We have some truly great Acolytes around so be sure to pick their brains if you want to know more.

Ultimately it is up to what YOU want to do,  The pride and energy you put into your costume will show.  And with what we end up spending, you definitely need to pick something you'll be happy with for a long time.   Check the respective boards for those costumes and I'm sure you'll have a lot you can learn from them.  Welcome!

Hey Thomas, Rob does great work, bear in mind that we have a lot of information on ways to make the costume more wearable and a few suggested upgrades once you get the kit.   He's a good guy with a lot of skill, the catch is that you can most likely expect a fairly hefty wait time due to the demand for his work.

Hi Che, and welcome, be sure to check out our Revan boards for more information on the costume.

The Lounge seems as good a place as any, welcome anyway! 

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/forum/81-lounge/

Hello, my name is Imperial Pirate Gal aka Tiffanie McDevitt. I am from the Alpine Garrison which I have been a member for a year and have been one of the photographers since I joined. I joined with my husband, a Shadow Trooper, because we love to do charity work and hoped that we could teach our 3 kids the importance of this while sharing our love of Star Wars. I am getting ready to move forward with my Mara Jade in the black body suite and look forward getting her done.

Hello everyone!  My name is Jenny and I am a member of the Florida Garrison (Tampa Bay Squad) with a TIE Reserve Pilot and a female Tusken Raider (just submitted for dual RL approval as well), TI-53669.  I'm awaiting completion of various armor/soft bits for my full TIE, Isard, and Jedi (no really, I swear I don't have a costuming addiction.....), but waiting gives me time to see what kind of trouble I can get into next, so I now have a Maris Brood costume in my sights!!  My husband has also just started on a Sith Acolyte, so I figured I'd better get in here and get acquainted since we're both going to be here researching for quite a while!! :D

HI

im zoe from the uk,newbie here

im looking to build myself a asajj ventress outfit any help would be much appreciated and im hoping to join the uk garrison which my husband talked me into!

thanks zoe

Hello everyone, my name is Chris and I am from Schmitten , Germany (in the area of Frankfurt). A few of my friends are members in the 501st and "infected" my with the "Costume-Virus" ;)

I am member of the German Garrisson since May and have finished my Asharad Hett Costume.

Looking forward to have great conversations here. 

I'm John from Midwest Garrison. I've been here for awhile, but never posted. I will be working on a Sith Acolyte for myself, and am helping a friend get her first costume together, a Night Sister Ventress costume. 

Hello everyone!  I'm Blane from Minnesota and I'm planning on joining the Central Garrison.

I've been a Star Wars nerd for a long time.  I got interested in joining the 501st after seeing them in the parade at the Star Wars Weekend at Disney World.

I'm working on putting together a Darth Nihilus costume and I'm hoping to create a Darth Revan costume in the future.

Hello, I'm Zekkaina Solo (Jen) and I've been a SW fangirl since reading "Shards of Alderaan" as a teen (ironically, I initially borrowed the book from the library for my brother, who is a reluctant reader). :wink:

I've been sewing for years but I've never really done props and things. However, I'm looking forward to learning!

As you perhaps can tell, I'm very attached to the EU (which is what really made me a fan in the first place) so my dream costume is Mara Jade's black jumpsuit. I'm hoping to use it to jointly apply to the 501st and Rebel Legion.  With the release of McCall's new jumpsuit pattern by Yaya Han, I feel like this project may be doable for me (though I'm still not trying to think about her shin guards and harness).  I"m a full time student, so this will have to be a long term project (funds and time-wise), but I'm happy that I'm finally starting to research for her.  LOL, I don't know if I should have picked a more "dark side" username, but it's the same as my RL forum one, so ... :TK421:

hi, I 'm Adam TI2994 from Southern Cross Garrison NSW Australia. Interested in one day completing an EPV Vader.

oh and please reactivate me.  :-D

Apparently my account went inactive so I am re-post in here to get my account fully activated. DS-7834, Great Lakes Garrison.

I'm John from Midwest Garrison. I've been here for awhile, but never posted. I will be working on a Sith Acolyte for myself, and am helping a friend get her first costume together, a Night Sister Ventress costume. 

All taken care of!

Hi my name is mark I troop in the UK with 99th garrison I'm cleared with a esb vader commander Cody and currently building tusken sandie and kylo ren so would like my account reactivated please