• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Introductions and Pending Forum Member Approval

Greetings,

I'm Mike from the Midwest Garrison id#13140

I have an A'sharad Hett costume, and am working on both Darth Krayt and Darth Krayt reborn armor, also a Tk Armor, and a Mando.

And ill probably take on more when i finish these.

Karl from Houston! Working on a Darth Revan build.

501st member since 2004, and can remember when 3 digit TKIDs were still available! (And kicking myself for not choosing one...)

GoTexans!

I am Marc from the German Garrison. I am currently a TK as well as Gran Moff Tarkin. My ID is 55255. I am always looking for new ideas for another costume. Nice to join here.

Greetings,

I'm Mike from the Midwest Garrison id#13140

I have an A'sharad Hett costume, and am working on both Darth Krayt and Darth Krayt reborn armor, also a Tk Armor, and a Mando.

And ill probably take on more when i finish these.

Welcome neighbor!  You're in my third favorite Garrison, behind Central and the 70th of course!  :)   I suspect costumes are like painting miniatures.  if you ever paint your last mini, or finish your last costume, you die.   

Karl from Houston! Working on a Darth Revan build.

501st member since 2004, and can remember when 3 digit TKIDs were still available! (And kicking myself for not choosing one...)

GoTexans!

That is a bummer.  Due to a delay in getting ahold of my AFK GML, I got a 5 digit instead of a 4 digit.  But at least I had a good selection to choose from.  We have some really great Revans here and several of us have really put some thought and effort into making them as best we can.  Don't hesitate to ask if you have any troubles, we've dealt with many issues.  Welcome to the boards!

I am Marc from the German Garrison. I am currently a TK as well as Gran Moff Tarkin. My ID is 55255. I am always looking for new ideas for another costume. Nice to join here.

Hi Marc!  With over 40 costumes on our CRL list and even more potential first in the Legion ones, we're happy to provide you with the largest selection available!  Love your TKID by the way, great patterning.   If you need any help or have any questions, that's what we're here for!

Hi, I am Miss_ATAT and I am too poor to be a part of any garrison of the 501st, but maybe someday! Until then I play in the snow and stomp out rebel scum ^-^

Hey there and welcome!  Don't forget to grab a cookie and keep on stompin'!   Welcome to the boards.

Hmm. I posted here the other day but my post vanished. I'm Laura from Sonoma County, and working on my first builds.

I see your posts so far, sorry for the trouble.  If there are any other issues don't hesitate to ask Laura, we'll be happy to investigate.   Enjoy your stay!

• Like 1

I'm working on a Mara Jade - but since I already have naturally red hair and green eyes, do I have to add a wig and contacts to make it look comic-like and exaggerated?

All of our decisions are based on images, we're a visual group after all.   If it were me, I'd submit photos in costume for approval without and go from there.   Be sure to check up with the other Maras in the threads though for more info.  Thanks for joining us, we look forward to seeing your work and helping in any way that we can.

Hi I am Shaun.. I am not new here.. I was the original Nihilus on here till my account got deleted last week, because of health reason I had been some what inactive.. So I had to remake an account.
I am working on a Darth Nihilus costume, I am just having trouble getting the cat ears just right, and hopefully I will be able to spend time an get it worked out, I as hoping to be able to buy a pair to fix my costume.

Anyway just wanted to say howdy..

See ya all around.

Hi I am Shaun.. I am not new here.. I was the original Nihilus on here till my account got deleted last week, because of health reason I had been some what inactive.. So I had to remake an account.

I am working on a Darth Nihilus costume, I am just having trouble getting the cat ears just right, and hopefully I will be able to spend time an get it worked out, I as hoping to be able to buy a pair to fix my costume.

Anyway just wanted to say howdy..

See ya all around.

Welcome back Shaun, sorry for the trouble, we're recovering as best we can.

Greetings All my name is Alex and I am new to the Star Wars costume world, but extremely excited. I live in North Carolina and was sent this way via my local garrison. I am working on a Sith acolyte costume and look forward to posting pictures of it soon.

Greetings All my name is Alex and I am new to the Star Wars costume world, but extremely excited. I live in North Carolina and was sent this way via my local garrison. I am working on a Sith acolyte costume and look forward to posting pictures of it soon.

Welcome Alex, you're in the right place.  Check out those threads, and we look forward to seeing what you post as well.

Hi, i am SL-19927 of the southern california garrison. 
Currently my only outfit is Darth Revan.
Also, i was curious as to where could i purchase one of the flagship eclipse detachment coins 

I am Jori of the Garrison Carida region (PA). I'm currently in the process of making a Revan costume and I'm looking to learn and have fun with like-minded individuals.

Hey,

My names Felix, I live in Vancouver, BC but originally from Germany. Been thinking about joining the 501st for a while but I never gave it some serious thought. I was looking for ways to hide my wireless router and came to the conclusion that a Han in Carbonite wall mural would be necessary for that (as opposed to an ikea cabinet lol) and that got me researching into thinks I could make, especially with mould etc. I decided I wanted to make a costume and here I am :) My first one will be Darth Nihilus. From there on, if I enoyed it, I will probably go on to make more (gotta have a trooper costume ;) maybe an exar kun)

Look forward to getting to know everyone and steal your knowledge!  :twisted:

Hey, everyone. My name is Ahmed and I'm from Chalmette, Louisiana. I had a chance to meet a bunch of Bast Alpha Garrison members last weekend and the 501st Legion sounds like something I'd enjoy being a part of.

I'm in the research phase of making a Revan costume (and finding a lot of points in the CRL Visual Guide to disagree with, but I'll be pestering everyone with those when the time comes. For now, suffice it to say that a lot of the rigid portions should be leather. Oh, the controversy.)

Hi, i am SL-19927 of the southern california garrison. 

Currently my only outfit is Darth Revan.

Also, i was curious as to where could i purchase one of the flagship eclipse detachment coins 

Welcome Brother!  No coins are available on the market, but we'll get you lined up for the members access and you'll be able to keep track of merch runs as they happen.  We're just about to start up the merch machine so keep your eyes peeled!

I am Jori of the Garrison Carida region (PA). I'm currently in the process of making a Revan costume and I'm looking to learn and have fun with like-minded individuals.

Glad to have you Jori!  Check out those Revan threads, read everything you can, and be sure to ask questions if something comes up.  Also feel welcome to post a WIP thread as you work on your costume, that's a great way to get feedback and suggestions.

Hey,

My names Felix, I live in Vancouver, BC but originally from Germany. Been thinking about joining the 501st for a while but I never gave it some serious thought. I was looking for ways to hide my wireless router and came to the conclusion that a Han in Carbonite wall mural would be necessary for that (as opposed to an ikea cabinet lol) and that got me researching into thinks I could make, especially with mould etc. I decided I wanted to make a costume and here I am :) My first one will be Darth Nihilus. From there on, if I enoyed it, I will probably go on to make more (gotta have a trooper costume ;) maybe an exar kun)

Look forward to getting to know everyone and steal your knowledge!  :twisted:

Learn from others' mistakes to be sure!  Welcome Felix, you are certainly in the right place.  Check out those Nihilus forums and feel free to ask questions!

Hey, everyone. My name is Ahmed and I'm from Chalmette, Louisiana. I had a chance to meet a bunch of Bast Alpha Garrison members last weekend and the 501st Legion sounds like something I'd enjoy being a part of.

I'm in the research phase of making a Revan costume (and finding a lot of points in the CRL Visual Guide to disagree with, but I'll be pestering everyone with those when the time comes. For now, suffice it to say that a lot of the rigid portions should be leather. Oh, the controversy.)

Hey there Ahmed, Bast Alpha is one of my favorite Garrisons, lots of good people there!  As one of the leading guys on Revan I'll be happy to discuss that stuff in the threads with you.  You're not the first to mention leather, and we can talk about that there, I'll give you a hint: we won't disagree.   :)

• Like 1

I just found out i don't have full access! 

My name is Michael and i have SL revan! 

http://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=16702

I'm from North Cali and am apart of the GGG! 

Fixed!  Welcome to the Detachment!

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a huge fan haven ANH when it first came out on the big screen. I was also just recently at SWCA. It was my first exposure to the 501st. Never knew that there were so many other dedicated fans out there. I really new to this but I thought I would start with a Darth Revan costume. It didn't look to painful. I want to take the time and see if I can do everything myself. I've done some research on vacuum molding but I'm still trying to find some good resources for sewing the robe and other accessories. Any help would be appreciated. Looking forward to starting on this adventure. Thanks!

-Alvin

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a huge fan haven ANH when it first came out on the big screen. I was also just recently at SWCA. It was my first exposure to the 501st. Never knew that there were so many other dedicated fans out there. I really new to this but I thought I would start with a Darth Revan costume. It didn't look to painful. I want to take the time and see if I can do everything myself. I've done some research on vacuum molding but I'm still trying to find some good resources for sewing the robe and other accessories. Any help would be appreciated. Looking forward to starting on this adventure. Thanks!

-Alvin

Welcome Alvin.  Be sure to check out the threads in the Revan section and create a WIP thread of your own.  We'll be glad to help all along the way.

Hi :)

I'm Dorothy from Poland, currently working on Darth Revan costume as my first 501st outfit. I'm planning to apply to Polonia Minor Squad, Polish Garrison. I'll be posting my progress soon, would appreciate any feedback. :)

Hey, I'm Christopher Anthony Stark from Kentucky, I recently completed a Darth Malgus build and debuted it at Celebration Anaheim. Hoping to be accepted into the Legion with it. I'll have the pictures of it posted this week for review.

Hello everyone. I'm Robby Zorn from Miami Florida. I have been a member of the everglades squad of the Florida garrison for almost a year and a half and my Nihilus has been approved about a year (SL-96669) I had trouble logging in a while back and just gave up but i'm back and looking for access.