• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Introductions and Pending Forum Member Approval

Please post where you are from, what Garrison you are/will be a part of, what costume you are looking at doing, and why you are joining (or joined) the 501st. This is so we can all get to know each other!

Here is how membership works:
Pending Member
Can not post anywhere but the Introductions Post under the Welcome forum. Once you post here you will be able to post in all general forums and will automatically be made a Forum Member.

Forum Member
Can make posts in general areas of the detachment forums only. Not a member of the 501st Legion and not a Detachment member. Can not purchase detachment or 501st merchandise.

501st Member
A member of the 501st Legion, registered to use these forums, has access to the 501st Legion members forums. Does not currently own a 501st approved EU costume covered by this detachment. Can not purchase detachment merchandise unless it is offered to the entire legion. You must apply to become a member of this group.

Detachment Member
A member of the 501st Legion, owns a 501st approved EU costume that this detachment covers and is a registered member of this forum. Has access to all forums, including the 501st Legion members forum and the Detachment Members forum. Can purchase detachment merchandise when it is available. Can vote for Detachment Leadership. You must apply to become a member of this group.

If there are any questions concerning membership, please send a pm to an Admin member of this detachment.

May the force serve you well.

Mike Harshbarger
SL-9730
TFE Webmaster

Hi !

I'm SL-6828 (Joël) of the Swiss Garrison. I currently own an ESB Vader as well as a ROTJ Royal Guard. My plans / costumes in progress: Line officer and Kylo Ren.

I joined the legion in 2010 for the love of costuming with other Star Wars fans. Since then, my garrison to me is more than just cosplayers fellas, but good friend that I enjoy to meet both in and out of costume, to just have a chat and drink.

See you soon !

Hey ya'll,

I'm Russ from North Carolina. I hope to join the 501st when I'm old enough, (in 3 years), Carolina garrison. Right now I'm working on costumes just a hobby. I plan to make the Heavy Weapons Trooper and Starkiller costumes. I want to join for my love of Star Wars and costuming. 

Russ

I'm Lori from outside of Portland, Oregon.  I'm nearly finished with my Darth Revan costume.  I will be part of Cloud City Garrison.  I knew I wanted to join the 501st after attending a Star Wars in Concert event and saw how the Cloud City members were making the event memorable, taking photos with the guests and making it so much fun for the kids...of all ages.  

I can see this is going to be an addictive hobby.  I'm already considering my next costume(s).

Lori   

• Like 1

Hi !

I'm SL-6828 (Joël) of the Swiss Garrison. I currently own an ESB Vader as well as a ROTJ Royal Guard. My plans / costumes in progress: Line officer and Kylo Ren.

I joined the legion in 2010 for the love of costuming with other Star Wars fans. Since then, my garrison to me is more than just cosplayers fellas, but good friend that I enjoy to meet both in and out of costume, to just have a chat and drink.

See you soon !

Welcome Joel, if there is anything we can help you with, don't hesitate to ask.

Hey ya'll,

I'm Russ from North Carolina. I hope to join the 501st when I'm old enough, (in 3 years), Carolina garrison. Right now I'm working on costumes just a hobby. I plan to make the Heavy Weapons Trooper and Starkiller costumes. I want to join for my love of Star Wars and costuming. 

Russ

Be sure to check out the Starkiller threads, as well as any threads related to sculpting/painting and any others that may assist you.  If you have any other questions, feel free to post in the related threads.  Welcome and enjoy your stay.

I'm Lori from outside of Portland, Oregon.  I'm nearly finished with my Darth Revan costume.  I will be part of Cloud City Garrison.  I knew I wanted to join the 501st after attending a Star Wars in Concert event and saw how the Cloud City members were making the event memorable, taking photos with the guests and making it so much fun for the kids...of all ages.  

I can see this is going to be an addictive hobby.  I'm already considering my next costume(s).

Lori   

It's not just a great hobby, we're a whole community of awesome people, and if you want to look great while bringing smiles to the faces of kids and kids at heart, you're in the right place.   Feel free to get a WIP post of your own going on the Revan boards and I'm sure our crew of experts will be happy to help you along the way.   Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.  

Hi! I'm Anna, from Hollywood, so that would be Socal Garrison. I recently completed my first big multimedia project (traditionally have normally stuck to sewing), Dread Master Raptus - from TOR. After I clean up the aftermath from that effort in my apartment (hahaha such a mess) I plan on organizing my WIP photos and explaining the process on my Facebook cosplay page, such as it is, and I can also mirror that here. 

Hello.

I am Benjamin, 34 years old (35 in may) and come from Wolfsburg, germany.

I'm going to start my first own costume which I choosed Darth Revan for. He's my favourite char out of the Star Wars Universe.

I am here to get tips and tricks to build a Revan which is worth to join the 501st.

Hi! I'm Anna, from Hollywood, so that would be Socal Garrison. I recently completed my first big multimedia project (traditionally have normally stuck to sewing), Dread Master Raptus - from TOR. After I clean up the aftermath from that effort in my apartment (hahaha such a mess) I plan on organizing my WIP photos and explaining the process on my Facebook cosplay page, such as it is, and I can also mirror that here. 

Hey Anna!  Great to see you on the forums!  I was so excited to see your costume at the Cantina Tour.  Welcome to the boards and as always, feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Hello.

I am Benjamin, 34 years old (35 in may) and come from Wolfsburg, germany.

I'm going to start my first own costume which I choosed Darth Revan for. He's my favourite char out of the Star Wars Universe.

I am here to get tips and tricks to build a Revan which is worth to join the 501st.

Welcome Benjamin, we have some great costumers in the Revan boards who know every inch of the costume, feel free to post there and I am sure you'll get some great responses.

Woops, i was already on this forum and never done my introductions...

Rico member of the 501st Since 2007.

get a:

BikerScout: https://scontent-bru.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/76969_126301337428150_4886377_n.jpg?oh=7c4318d3ab717e9365515fb390aea97c&oe=55DC22E6

Sandtrooper: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xft1/v/t1.0-9/10313041_856789324379344_9049326666611548275_n.jpg?oh=3d9a69b7b2c2417cf0fd962507285996&oe=55E22372&__gda__=1440728312_e233bf17648b4c4438bac99343d6a5ba

Commander cody: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/321063_222418854483064_1598531038_n.jpg?oh=f76ccedcf15268ea852724b215206bab&oe=55DBDFCE&__gda__=1440393247_32eb49c136a967ca954730f095cd2970

Commander shock trooper: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/179089_501066726618274_1449218053_n.jpg?oh=d7d699ee22cd246c63cc283f38192538&oe=55E56ADA&__gda__=1439954955_5c800bb04a45fd901d99abaf1d4b62ff

and building a Dark revan, Just finish my vambraces and the costume is done.

i'm a huge patch 501st trader too :)

https://www.facebook.com/eric.motuelle/media_set?set=a.176139982444285.44733.100001448523829&type=3

A belated welcome to you Rico, I'll also guide you to the Revan boards, feel free to post a WIP thread once you've got pictures to share!

Thanx :)

Here is my progression: http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1666-dark-revan-on-progress/

I hope finish it next month. And post picture on the forum when i ahve finish it.

Just need to have the vambraces. i have order them last week.

And i forget to post than i'm from the Belgium Fanwars Garrison.

Hey, I'm Matthieu Villedieu from Santee which would be the SoCal garrison whenever I get around to actually sending photos in to join after I make some changes to my revan and (cotf) nihilus. I really was on the fence about all this, but with celebration anaheim last week, I met some people during a TOR panel and here I am. While I won't be able to make any progress till finals have passed, I can't wait to have some of my questions hopefully answered about revan and nihilus. If I left something out of the intro, let me know.

Hey, I'm Matthieu Villedieu from Santee which would be the SoCal garrison whenever I get around to actually sending photos in to join after I make some changes to my revan and (cotf) nihilus. I really was on the fence about all this, but with celebration anaheim last week, I met some people during a TOR panel and here I am. While I won't be able to make any progress till finals have passed, I can't wait to have some of my questions hopefully answered about revan and nihilus. If I left something out of the intro, let me know.

Looks like you covered your bases Matthieu.  Naturally I suggest you also contact your local folks in SoCal and get to know them, you'll see a lot more of them than you will us, but we're certainly here to help.  I can relate to that feeling: I've been in talks with my wife about building a droid and at least one more costume since Celebration.

I'm Stephen from VA, or Garrison Tyranus and I will be working on a sith stalker costume

I'm not a 501st member yet but hope to join

Welcome to TFE. I'm Garrison Tyranus too (although I live in Florida), but you have a great group of people of there and I hope you find all the information you are looking for here. Feel free drop me a line if you ever have any issues.

Mike Harshbarger

TFE Webmaster

Greetings, I've been a lurker on these forums for quite some time, until I found out today that my account had been deactivated.

My name is Kerry and I'm, from the Southern California Garrison, Orange County Squad. I've been a member since 2011 as Darth Revan. hoping to add the Sith Acolyte and perhaps Tulak Horde to my collection soon.

Hi Everybody!

I'm Amy, and I'm looking to join the Star Garrison in Houston Texas. I ran into the 501st legion at a comic con, and it seemed like exactly the kind of thing I wanted to get involved in. I'm currently working on a Visas Marr, which I hope to finish this summer.

Hello there, I have been a member of the 501st for a few years with the Golden Gate Garrison. So far I have a TK and am working on a Boba Fett. I am joining the flagship eclipse as I am interested in Darth Revan for myself and a Mara Jade for my wife. Looking forward to chatting with and meeting you guys.

Hi! I'm Tamar building for the Georgia garrison. I'm beginning a female Tusken build this summer. I'm really excited to join the 501st because I (obviously) love Star Wars but I also like giving back to the community. This will be a great way to combine creativity and helping others as well as meeting other fellow fans!

• Like 1

Greetings everyone! Checking in from Portland, OR (Cloud City Garrison).

I am a previous 501st member from a few years back, but I've since sold my costumes, and now I'm looking to get started again!

Presently I'm a member of the Mercs, and looking to get either a Revan or Nihilus build going!

If anyone has any reputable people that can get me situated with robes and other items, feel free to message me! And I look forward to trooping with you all!

Hello everyone!

I am (currently) IC-92503, and recently was accepted into the 501st Legion with an Imperial Bridge Crew costume.  I am currently applying with an Immperial Knight costume and hope to join this detachment if my application is approved.

Greetings, I've been a lurker on these forums for quite some time, until I found out today that my account had been deactivated.

My name is Kerry and I'm, from the Southern California Garrison, Orange County Squad. I've been a member since 2011 as Darth Revan. hoping to add the Sith Acolyte and perhaps Tulak Horde to my collection soon.

Lurk no more Brother!  Nice to meet you Kerry, we've recently tightened some of the membership protocols for the forum to parallel the Legion requirement of logging into our forum once per year to be considered an Active member, some status' may get changed accidentally but we're glad to have you with us.  If you need any help feel free to post in a thread or send a PM.

Hi Everybody!

I'm Amy, and I'm looking to join the Star Garrison in Houston Texas. I ran into the 501st legion at a comic con, and it seemed like exactly the kind of thing I wanted to get involved in. I'm currently working on a Visas Marr, which I hope to finish this summer.

Hello Wishsinger, you're in the right place.  Between your local GML in Star Garrison and the assistance you find on these boards, you should be trooping in no time.  Welcome!

Hello there, I have been a member of the 501st for a few years with the Golden Gate Garrison. So far I have a TK and am working on a Boba Fett. I am joining the flagship eclipse as I am interested in Darth Revan for myself and a Mara Jade for my wife. Looking forward to chatting with and meeting you guys.

You're in the right place, Brother, we have great costumers in both sections there, we look forward to helping both you and your Wife with anything you need.  

Hi! I'm Tamar building for the Georgia garrison. I'm beginning a female Tusken build this summer. I'm really excited to join the 501st because I (obviously) love Star Wars but I also like giving back to the community. This will be a great way to combine creativity and helping others as well as meeting other fellow fans!

Welcome Tamar, if you're referring to http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TuskenRaiderFemale that actually falls under the Krayt Clan who handles all Tuskens except Darth Krayt (how that happened I have no idea).   However if there is any way we may be of assistance here, particularly with crafting techniques, feel free to ask.  

Greetings everyone! Checking in from Portland, OR (Cloud City Garrison).

I am a previous 501st member from a few years back, but I've since sold my costumes, and now I'm looking to get started again!

Presently I'm a member of the Mercs, and looking to get either a Revan or Nihilus build going!

If anyone has any reputable people that can get me situated with robes and other items, feel free to message me! And I look forward to trooping with you all!

Info and likely a 6 month wait, inbound.  Welcome back Brother.

Hello everyone!

I am (currently) IC-92503, and recently was accepted into the 501st Legion with an Imperial Bridge Crew costume.  I am currently applying with an Immperial Knight costume and hope to join this detachment if my application is approved.

Welcome 92503, you're free to hang out in the mean time and ask any questions.  If you need any further assistance with your approval, or hit any snags, by all means speak up and we'll be happy to help.

Hello everyone!  I'm a prospective member from Florida, and would be a member of Everglades Squad when I finish my costume.  I'm interested in making a few different costumes actually, but in the main I'd like to make a Darth Revan.  I am already a member of the Mandalorian Mercs and the Rebel Legion and am excited to start work on a third costume.

Hello everyone!  I'm a prospective member from Florida, and would be a member of Everglades Squad when I finish my costume.  I'm interested in making a few different costumes actually, but in the main I'd like to make a Darth Revan.  I am already a member of the Mandalorian Mercs and the Rebel Legion and am excited to start work on a third costume.

Excellent, and welcome!   You probably know the drill already but if you have any questions, by all means speak up.