• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Kylo Ren

Tags

do you happen to have the brand name and pics of them?

I wish I did.  Between where I was blown up and Germany someone scored a new pair of gloves.. as well as

most of the osik in my duffel bag.  I'm looking for them, though.

pardon my shock but why in the world did you need 11 yards of basket weave? I can imagine using 4 of a 60" at most. Is there something I'm missing?

From what you saw, what did you think of the basket weave I posted?

I kinda figured as much on the boots and pants. Any ideas on the gloves so far?

I did have a bit of waste! (was part of making the pattern correct)

So the back of the surcoat for example doesnt just go down. its pleated (mildly) to create the flowing effect. The capelet was around 3 yards to create the hood.

The front once again is not straight and required "belling" at the bottom which meant i then had to move the second front piece down.

Also keep this one in mind.

The Entire top right and left hand side has No seam at the shoulder. yes. No seam.

Also keep this in mind. You have to make the entire thing keeping those "squares" straight.

Waste= Big time.

This is still a WIP shot btw of the gloves I had to hand make them myself

heh the Glue was still dryng on the pleates on the sleeves XD

IMG_20150427_133912970_zpsttvoczo7.jpgIMG_20150427_114602900_zpsub3lqana.jpg

Heres a quick and dirty how someone can tighten up my pattern.

I am sure you can tighten this up even more!

also the bottom of the surcoat has 1.5 inch seams at the bottom just FYI

Also my particular weave was 54' after i got done dying and washing and drying x.x it shrunk a bit!

kylo%20ren%20pattern_zpsgis9exzk.jpg

Detachment acceptance is actually post-approval.  Though from talks I've heard, he's not truly a Sith and the SLD isn't planning on taking him.  Unless another unit is stood up to take the costume it seems we're discussing it in the  right place.   That's a mostly command-level decision going on, and I'll be sure to update as I hear more.

Awesome work so far Dawn.  I'm torn between this and some new shiny white armor myself.  :)

Thank you so much Brendon! So there is a new rumor floating around and you know rumors everyone has one. He is apparently a "Sith Inquizitor" I am down for that.

Also wait so I am wrong TFE isnt only for Expanded Universe costumes? As this is most definatly not Expanded Universe. Not arguing I am just trying to be educated for when I do ramble off my nonsence. :D

Btw... ive always loved owning TFE costumes. they gain you full access on both the SL and the TFE! XD I see nothing but benifit to it. I love TFE

By definition, Asajj and Savage Oppress are not EU any longer and are in fact Canon as well.  

It is something that Thomas and I are in discussion about and will likely also be discussing with others as well.   

We're a unique organization and our definition may need to change to exactly represent what we are, we may also need to discuss the stand up of another unit or reorganization.  The possibilities are many and when we get into a deeper conversation we'll figure it out.   FISD has already claimed the First Order Troopers, so we'll see what happens.   By definition a TK Commander is EU and is in FISD, but Magma Troopers and other Special Ops are not.  We're a lot of contradictions.

Highly off topic now, but that's the 'short run down'.

Myself, I would be hesitant to say whether or not he is Sith. But I would say he would be a Sith Apprentice. And I would wait for after the movie to get approved. If he's not truly Sith then we would probably take him. If he is a Sith, SLD will raise a stink to make sure he is covered under their hood (rightfully so). He could actually turn out to be the Sith for all 3 movies with a reveal of his true nature in the 2nd or 3rd movie. 

But we'll have to just wait and see.

I guess it will be a wait and see issue. the SLD informed me this is something that is handled after the fact that the Legion 1st is approved? However if he uses any kind of force power I cant see him being Anything but SL?

We just had the first Legion approved Sim Aloos. They recieved the first "designation" of DS that wasnt a former costume taken away as a SL 

Who took them?

BTW 100% done with my costume...cept for the mask.... be looking for my costume by the beginning of next week. (I wont have my saber in hand until Sunday) Ill post my WIP and Progress and side by sides on both forums after hearing your words. I just want to be sure as I myself hold deep reguard and love for TFE :)

*Sith Hugs*

Don't forget. When you submit. Each piece of the costume must be photographed in high detail on plain background with good lighting. This is because if done properly the costume will end up being used as example for the CRL.

Greetings, you guys are absolutely right that SLD is going through a bit of an identity crisis like perhaps other detachments as well.  In the beginning there was only one guy who was really saying that Kylo was not a "sith lord" and wanted to send folks here, like we know anything about the character details really... I pinged the LMO to just let him know that there was conversation and potential confusion about this character.  LMO commented unofficially that most likely Kylo should end up there and he does not like the idea of new detachments which makes total sense.  I think the new movies and canon make for a confusing landscape for all of us and we need to review what our detachments stand for.  I saw Thomas lurking there today as well so I'm sure with LDR, your command staff and the LMO team we can figure out a way for all detachments to move forward and provide great support for the costumers.

Kylo - SLD or TFE discussion here with LMO comment  http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.php?showtopic=9115

Our Kylo reference costume discussion  http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.php?showtopic=9082

I'm sorry if we have come across as douches at times.  Feel free to push back and call us on our crap, (my previous A'Sharad Hett comments.... :doh: )

Feel free to join in on the conversations. And looks like Thomas just made a post there....