• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Anyone doing Savage?

Darth Munchies

Mellow greetings, 

A friend an I are looking to get him into a Savage costume and I'm looking around to try and source builds. Unfortunately I seem to be coming up short here so I'm just wanting to see if there's anyone actively working on a Savage and if so would it be possible to share ideas?

I'm already doing Maul so I can help him with the makeup portion of it, what we're needing is the armor part, ideas on how people have done this stuff.

Shoot me a message or reply here, hoping to hear from someone soon.

I'm probably going to tackle this over the next couple of months or so. Looks like there's quite a bit of overlap with Maul, so that's good for you and a learning process for me. :)

The horns are gonna be longer, so I don't know if there are already guys making sculpts of the horns or if that's something I'm gonna have to buckle down and learn myself. I'll hit up every tutorial I can find on makeup for Maul, and just adapt that for Savage. I've already got the contacts picked out (and they're prescription, too, so I want be as blind as a Tusken Raider). The fingernails shouldn't be too much of a problem, and I can just paint the hands to match the face. The tabard and pants look very similar to Maul, so that won't be too big of a deal. Might just be a little longer. Belt isn't too difficult along with the standard lightsaber clip, also likely the same as Maul.

The boots look more or less the same as Vader's, just with added armor and toe caps. The upper body looks like a compression style shirt would work underneath the armor. Which is the BIG question. To my knowledge, no one is making anything for the armor. Looks like it's about three panels for each shoulder, two around loops around each bicep and a forearm piece. That goes along with the shin armor. All could easily be attached using a similar strapping system to TK armor. Question is HOW to make this? I was pondering doing a posterboard type template on it. If that works out, maybe Pepakura style bonding and fiberglassing? I'd LOVE to have it done out of ABS plastic or PVC, but that's outside of my skill range.

The chest also looks like it might be a leather-type piece. That's another thing that might be out of what I'm capable of doing right now.

• Like 1