• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Generic Sith?

Elysia_1

Hello all and thank you for accepting my member request.

I'm a full member of the 501st, CT-73012. I'm a member of the Nordic Garrison. I have a Clone Ep3 Shock Trooper. I'm now in the process of doing research for a new Costume to make.

I'm not one to want to have a DV suit, Revan or any sort of Dark Lord outfit. I wanted something unique yet still within the confines of the SW Universe. I therefore have looked into the Sith Acolyte, which looks really badass, but I also want to make it a little more personal. Is there, for the lack of digging deep, a type of "Generic Sith outfit"? I've found that on RL they have a "Generic Jedi" where you can create your own version of a Jedi within certain guidelines and be approved within RL. Do we have that too?

Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon.

Jeff Miller

aka "Shock Dude"

• Like 1

Indeed

Generic Sith or fully costume made outfits is more for the likes of other club .. what was the name. ah yes the http://www.thedarkempire.org/

I highly doubt the 501st will allow costume outfits.

We do have Generic Jedi in the Rebel Legion but thats again another club and the standards are different

never the lest you can speak to your GML and GCO and see if there is a way to petition for this ..

Thanks...

Yeah... I think I'll stay within the confines of the 501st...

I'll send a mail off to my Garrison leadership about it. See what they come up with. Would be nice though.

Thanks again.

Biggest reason for generic Jedi being RL acceptable is because they were on screen in AoTC while even in EU games, comics and books there really haven't been generic Sith pictures outside of the acolytes in the opening cinematics of SW:TOR.

There are loads of Generic Sith In Books have a read at the lost tribe of the sith series

There is loads of Material out there for sith and dark force users. we just dont have them in the movies or cartoons

If there are sufficient photos to show the outfits from all directions can they be submitted to the Legion for approval?  I am not familiar with all of the EU books and comics, but I do know the Acolytes were shown from all directions in the cinematics and in game play, plus the generic Jedi in the prequel movies (and other video games) would have had the same reference material for crafting the costumes and a CRL.

• Like 1

Re: Kotor Sith:  Their robes are very specific though, and most importantly:  No one has to this date created said costume or submitted it for approval.  If someone made said robes, then submitted it, the matter could then be reviewed by the LMO for approval.  

Ewok's question is indeed true.  In order for a costume to be eligible for review, we must have source material displaying all sides of a costume.   Video games usually make this easier to achieve.

• Like 1

One could also look at several Sith NPC's (*creeeeeeeeaaak opens Pandora's box ) in Star Wars The Old Republic. Take several in game screen shots, go from there.

This comes from a coder/ graphic artist that has worked on every Star Wars game since KOTOR and Galaxies (no...you can't blame me....Sony took over and killed it). If you go for thr NPC's, then they can't get you on the "specialized/changed/modified" thing and there are several in SWTOR. Look at each trainer even. I'd go for it. If you have the reference and it's a named NPC and it's a look you like. I know I personally could live vicariously through a few of them. :)

Edited by BHAsajj
  • Like 1

One could also look at several Sith NPC's (*creeeeeeeeaaak opens Pandora's box ) in Star Wars The Old Republic. Take several in game screen shots, go from there.

This comes from a coder/ graphic artist that has worked on every Star Wars game since KOTOR and Galaxies (no...you can't blame me....Sony took over and killed it). If you go for thr NPC's, then they can't get you on the "specialized/changed/modified" thing and there are several in SWTOR. Look at each trainer even. I'd go for it. If you have the reference and it's a named NPC and it's a look you like. I know I personally could live vicariously through a few of them. :)

Totally agree. I think at this point this is the one way its going to end up happening :)