• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mara Jade bodysuit question

eliste

So I'm plogging along with my build for this, but I have a question.

Does the bodysuit have to be all the same fabric for clearance, or if its two fabrics (that both are black, medium sheen) would that be clearable?

I'm thinking kind of like the Kotobukiya Mara Jade outfit, just in black. It would have slightly more matte, but still stretchy middle with the more PVC style fabric on the outside half of the jumpsuit.

I have enough fabric in both that I could make full jumpsuits of either, but I think it might be more breathable and comfortable this way. I just don't want to cut it all up and make it and find out its not clearable like that.

Great look. I am finishing up my wife's Mara and your link helped out just incase we have to redo her jumpsuit. Also I have a question for you...Do you have the cape clasp and harness backplate?

Great look. I am finishing up my wife's Mara and your link helped out just incase we have to redo her jumpsuit. Also I have a question for you...Do you have the cape clasp and harness backplate?

I have not done the cape, but I did make my harness backplate.

There are three blog posts on my page about this costume. This is the one that has my backplate in it.

https://withoutastitchon.blogspot.ie/2016/04/mara-jade-bits-and-bobs.html