• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

AOTC Concept Ventress WIP

CEGrant

It's been a busy May! 

But at last it's done and approved.  So this is me....

DG5V5n.jpg

And so is this.... :)

0S6BdH.jpg

I got approved on the first try, for which I have all of you to thank.  Without your constant feedback and support throughout the process, it would never have gone so smoothly.  

I've worn it twice now, once to a small Star Wars themed run event the same day I took approval pics, and once to the Cherry Capital ComiCon in Traverse City, MI.  The Con was a blast...quite a few people recognized me, which is neat.  Plus we got to kill off a red-shirted Ensign, which is always cool.

pYcDul.jpg

So again, thank you all.  :)

Thanks ionicdesign! Yes, it was a blast.  I love wearing the costume.  Really the only down side is the 3 hour prep time.  Ventress definitely got more attention than my Leia does. ;)

smartgirl...that's so nice, thank-you! I see you just finished one as well.  Nicely done. :) I'd be happy to share all the info I have.  I'll shoot you a pm with my email address.  Send me yours and I can email you a bunch of links and pictures.  (I have links to several good tutorials, both written and verbal, on bald caps.  I also a file that allows you to print templates for applying the triangle tattoos--that's courtesy of Lady B.)

In the meantime, check out page one of this thread.  In post #3 I detail what materials I used, and in post #10 there are some photos of my first bald-cap try.  

But to answer your question, I use Graftobian bald caps.  I tried Glatzan, but like the Graftobian much better.  

Excellent, I'm glad to hear it. :)

The prep time can be reduced as you get better with it. Just beware humidity (and don't ask for my advice with the caps (if you know LadyB's story).