• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Maris Brood Costume Help x_x

pookalali

I'm not getting much help with my research but I have a few questions :D

1. How am I going to do her wig?My hair is mega short and blue/black so I can't really use my own hair. I thought about having it commissioned but depending on price maybe do it myself? ideas? (I'm very serious about things being perfect, so you get an idea of what i'm wanting)

2. I'm going off of this photo

MarisBrood_bg.jpg

Is she wearing silver chaps? o_O because the definitely look silver...or maybe it's the light? It's killing me haha.

3. I thought about applying makeup to my hands but every cosplay i've seen they either didn't do it or just made their hands a solid red color. Ideas? (again, perfectionism. I'd want to get it as spot on as possible)

Then again I probably wouldn't be able to touch anything so I may not.

I clearly need assistance haha.

Guest broodingventress

So 1, the hair, you can see my hair is a wig with most of the horns in it except the front middle one (check the Maris crl that's me :D) although I am planning an upgrade on the wig as it gives me a crazy headache. Looking at still doing the same thing with most of the horns attached in the wig. Arda wigs is a good place to start as they have really nice wigs that style well and you can buy wefts to add more hair.

2. That photo was my starting point too. Definitely not silver, all the colour requirements should be in the CRL (do you have the link to it)

3. I do apply red to my fingers and up to my knuckles, but I don't do the blood (I did that the first time and was super paranoid about getting blood on other people) and it was a blended but not super smooth red application of water based makeup

Does that help?

Thea