• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Clone Wars Asajj Build

BBC527

My wife say her at Disney this year and fell in love with her look.

4907C701-E916-4C49-B462-59ADBBA3D9A7_zpslvdbpi1o.jpg

Now she's ready to start on the project and we could use some help.

Here are some of the questions we have to start with.

1. Is there a pattern for the top and dress?

2. How wide is the wrap on the arms, legs, and chest?

3. How big is the buckle?

4. What is the width of the tabard?

5. Where can we get a good bald cap?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ok, we picked up the fabric for the skirt, top, and leggings.

CB1093B2-1B38-460F-A456-F73E42BA4439_zpsuotqagwq.jpg

This looks a little purple in the picture, but that's the lighting. It's actually dark blue.

7AA15FE5-109C-44E6-BF80-3A0BAC2462B9_zpsehkpboei.jpg

Same with this.

We are working on trying to find the bandages for the wraps.

Since neither my wife or I can really sew, we dropped the fabric off at a local seamstress last night and she took all her measurements. She scheduled her to come back on the 9th for fitting.

I'll make sure she takes lots of pictures.

Picked up some yellowish suede yesterday. The lighting makes this look almost green, but it's actually gold.

2B326777-0B57-471D-AF3A-00B332D9A2CD_zpspupwslcy.jpg

Also cut up some material to start making the belt. Just need work on the buckle.

B6505377-6CEF-43C2-8DB2-9630846A6771_zpsxsfluoin.jpg

The fabrics you've selected so far look good.

As to your questions, I don't know of a specific pattern. What I would do is go to a local fabric store and look threw what they have in the pattern books, find something similar and make modifications as needed. Though since you are using a local semstrist, she can probably help you with that.

As to the specific Sizes of things you wanted to know. That will vary from person to person based on her particular size. I like to use the distance of the nose to the eyebrows as a unit of measure, but you could use other body parts as well. So see how long the various parts are on Asajj, then use the same mesurement using you wife's proportions.

I hope this helps

Does anyone know the width of the tabard at the bottom? I know the top is as wide as the buckle and the bottom is slightly wider. However, in images it looks like it's a 2-4 inches wider that the top.

2-4 inches wider at the bottom is a good guesstimate. I would suggest making a mockup out of paper to test the different widths, as it isn't set in stone. What's more important is that it looks proportionate to the wearer.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll give the paper one a try. That will also help with laying out the pattern on the suede.

Have a question about the bald cap and paint. Any input on what type of paint or make up is best?

Have a question about the bald cap and paint. Any input on what type of paint or make up is best?

Whatever makeup you find gets you the best results is best IMHO ;)

Personally, my husband is able to airbrush my makeup on, and I've used both water-base and alcohol-based makeup and achieved great results. For longevity, alcohol-based make up works best for me and I really like the quality of Reel Creations airbrush paints.

There's a bunch of good info in our Makeup and Appliances section: viewforum.php?f=70

And Twi'lek Pam has good info on her website here: http://chucrew.com/Twilek/bodypaint.html

Trying to decide the width of the tabard, so I cut out two in paper. The left one is 2" wider than the top. The right one is 4" wider. Looking at some of the pictures, it does look like it may be the wider one.

What are your thoughts?

B05662C7-30E5-470E-8259-827A1DFB8C01_zpsddx250ny.jpg

You could do what spiderman cosplayers do - glue the sole of an aqua shoe to the bottom. I'm also a member of a local superhero/villain group, and this is what our spidermans and green lantern have done. Here's a youtube video I found on the subject:

I'm wondering if these would work? They have them in light tan which you might be able to color to make them blend in?

http://www.soles2dance.com/mobile/Produ ... =SUEDE-DIY

You can order them through Amazon as well. (2 day shipping. :) ) Amazon even has them in teal, grey and purple.

Premium quality suede sheet 8.5"x12" with super-strong self-adhesive backing. Ideal for ma... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FEPC8EW/re ... 4ub1ZHWAHK

Started to lay out the tabard on paper, but it's hard to fit all that into a smaller area, since my wife isn't that tall. I drew out one half, because the other side is a mirror image.

4B88DCC2-3320-442E-BCF0-F9B24DC5C4C0_zpsrgt3djk6.jpg

Also close to finishing the buckle. I have all the parts, just need to get paint.

20538DF0-F42E-4BAD-AA81-7F96C3F8B417_zpsk7ujai0i.jpg

Didn't like the way the buckle turned out, so I'm on to my third one. This one looks a lt better so far, just need to paint now.

Also have been looking for a good shot of the tattoos on her head. Does any one have good shots from all sides and the top? Are there templates out there any where?

Had a few issue with the top being made, in the process of making the fixes.

Pictures to come soon.

Worked on making some slippers for the build. Secured the wraps to a set of slippers my wife had. This way she has some traction and not just walking on the wraps.

I left some of the wrap sticking up, so they can be covered when the leg wraps are put on.

6B6B1E20-8645-4425-A877-A44BFE66F44D_zpssznoantj.jpg

Concerning your question about the tattoos: to be honest I used the action figure. Another option may be if you happen to have a copy of the clone wars cartoons you could find some good reference of the back of asajj's head.

I've never seen a template for the tattoos. The times I've had them, I had an artist paint or draw them on. It did seem to go on easier with the paint. If need be, I might be able to dig some of the back of my head pictures, but if you have access to a figure that was what I based mine on.

Good luck with it. And it looks like you are doing a great job so far.