• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan - Shadow of Revan Reference Pics

themacalu

Only 4-5 photos currently seem visible, and they're the unpainted very early versions. The mask being so iconic is obviously a big focal point to make sure that gets done, it looks like you've got more progress based on a video I saw linked nearby. I would like to see it a little more up close to see what you've got so far. PLUS if you have any more photos to share, I and others would gladly have a look at them. Best of luck and happy creating. :)

The 5 pictures on the main link provided are the main in progress. I'm working on the tattered robes right now. I go the hood and torn fabric drapes finished. I should have most of the robes finished on Saturday. I'm picking up my black hakama that day and going to cut it up. The linked video is an old mask made of Air Hardening Clay. The clay version was too big and heavy, so I'm resorting to EVA Foam. Sadly I have a big head so the mask is proving a little tricky.

Where would I get a long sleeve black shirt with a turtle neck collar?

As for the chest piece what would you recommend? I'm using EVA Foam for that too because it's supposed to beaten and sliced up a bit, and is copper with a hint of dark silver, so I figured EVA would be best.

I'd be concerned with the mask looking bent as opposed to sculpted, but if you execute, I suspect you can make it look firm like a mask with the right work. As for the chest, again it needs to be fairly rigid looking but I think you're on the right track

As for a shirt, mine is actually underarmour with a balaclava half sewn in the front. The back is not sewn as no one sees the back of my neck and it allows the stretch needed to get over my head. Sewing it won't allow for the stretch as I learned with a few popped stitches.