• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Help with Revan front armor coloring

Lt_MH

Hi,

Does anyone know what shade of gray the cuirass "eyes" should be?

I'm told the diamond shaped areas ("eyes") in the middle of the armor should not be black, but rather gray.

Are we talking dark grey or silvery like the straps holding up the O-ring?

Any help and/or reference links to good photos or costume requirements are welcome.

not sure why people say the eyes are grey. ig they are going by the color of the original 3d render of KOTOR yes it does look grey but is the same color as the inside of the cape there for making the cape grey

which is not. think is just light reflection

i think is ok to do them black

0019rwcg.jpg

The armor came with black eyes (from the guy in the CRL photos) and pretty much all of the approved Darth Revan costumes in the member galleries have black eyes, but when my GML wants them grey, I need to figure out what shade of gray.

I haven't been able to find any written requirements describing the eye-color, but the boots have to be dark grey or black, so perhaps the same dark grey as they may have?

Well that makes no sense ask your Gml from where is he getting the idea of grey eyes perhaps he needs to visit this forum himself more often.

Like I said if he is basing the idea that the eyes are grey do to the image 3d render I posted above and disregarding this is light effects added by the animator to break the continuity of black to outline where material folds.

Then in that case the cape is also grey and black and starts grey at the top then it blends to black

not to mention that the tabs to strap the chest piece with the back piece are also grey in the front but when viewed on the side they turn black and well thats not light effect or shades.

Thats utterly ridiculous

revan.jpg

revan-kotor.jpg

In my opinion we should be more worried about the hood that is been used on MWA which is not correct stitch

Revan hood is round and not peek wise at the top. the hood rounds above the visor and the one in the CRL used by many of us is not its 2 piece and it looks like a tent

but thats another issue :doh:

Hear hear Al!!!!! It's true we need to get away from the MWA robes and try to make them look like the render posted by Alan above.

I had my robes replaced early last year but although they are very close to the render, my seamstress ran out of material and rather than tell me, she made the cowl woefully too small. It's been very tough to find an exact wool match now so for the time being ill have to put up with it!!

Not to make this too, off topic as the subject is colouring, but I agree that was the first thing I noticed about the MWA version of Revan, that the hood was not so correct, but I have plans to follow Al's costume idea with the heavier material, among other things, but we can leave that for another time and okace. As for the color I g of the "eyes" I don't understand what all the fuss is about perhaps they are shade bind. Lol. If I saw it and it was black, or a grey that is near black, jackpot! You win!

Playing KOTOR again, this time on my iPad. Loving the hack I got I'm running around in Revan robes right now.

The grey eyes was per order of the LML apparently, as the GML was the first local Revan.

He might of been the first but fx tk armour was also first and this doesn't mean it's correct. Costumes are always evolving for the best . If he wants to be the only one in the 501st with grey eyes then by all means he can.

Silver/grey/black in a few spots are debateable/negotiable. Consistency is key, and after discussion it was agreed that any of those colors would be acceptable for the 'eyes'. Several of the cloth bits themselves see multiple colors because the model is flat but the skin is painted to create depth with implied lighting.

Looks good, and congrats on the approval.

There was indeed a small window where folks were being asked to make the eyes silver but a discussion was promptly brought up. If either of you ever decided to switch to black you'd also be welcome to do so. Ultimately it ends up being an option of what you'd like to do in this case, so if you like the silver and want to stick with it, go for it.