• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

1st Completed Maladi - Photo shoot

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm pleased to announce, that with the (very patient) painting assistance of a friend, I've finally been able to take the long awaited photos, of my complete costume.

Please don't Photoshop any of these photos without asking and obtaining my permission first. Thanks! I will be adding more photos to this, but here are two to start.

gothiclysm1st_maladi_hidden_hip.jpg

I have intentionally blurred the bottom of the image, for personal reasons.

Gothiclysm_maladi_torture1799.jpg

..and here are another couple photos.

gothiclysm_maladi_bust.jpg

gothiclysm_maladi_av_point.jpg

one more added...

Not the best photo, but I thought this one looked mopy and depressed -- Classic Maladi.

gothiclysm_maladi1786.jpg

I hope you enjoy my photos.

cheers!

Guest Anonymous

Thank you so much, everyone!

I really appreciate all of your kind words and support!

This project has been a challenge for me, which I have taken very personally .

Again, thank you!

Guest Anonymous

Muchos gracias! :oops:

Merci beaucoup! :oops:

Molto grazie! :oops:

Thanks very much... everyone!

I'm surprised by the positive response this costume has received, but I certainly appreciate it!

I'll try to post additional photos, revealing the hip amour, soon (sometime later in next month or two). But if I'm unable to I apologize, and offer that you will be able to see me at Dragon*Con 2008 -- which will probably be the only other time I wear Maladi this year. :? The body paint is difficult to work with, and even harder to keep from flaking or rubbing off.

Guest Anonymous

VERY cool! I was looking forward to seeing someone complete this one. Glad to see some well deserved justice and work go into this character!

Guest Anonymous

This looks fantastic, especially the headpiece! I'm thinking of making a Maladi in the near future and I was wondering if you ever submitted this for approval, or standards were made up in a rough draft?

I'm trying to get some more approved costumes because I hate putting all the work and love into a costume and not being able to wear it at my local official troops. I'm willing to work on setting up the standards for this, but I was just wondering if there was some reason they hadn't been done already?

Guest Daritha
I'm willing to work on setting up the standards for this, but I was just wondering if there was some reason they hadn't been done already?
Well, no one was willing. ^^ It's often just this simple. Why wasn't this little piece of paper written much earlier? No one written it until now.

Ronin, if you're gonna work on the Standards for Lady Maladi and on her costume, I can offer a friend of mine. She's working on her Maladi with a great dedication. Maybe you two can collaborate on this. Just PM me about this. :)

They haven't been done since Maladi doesn't have the references needed at this point. The Maladi in this thread is my other half and hasn't submitted due to lack of references.

Star Wars Legacy Comics

Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide - Special Edition

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Star Wars Saga Edition: Legacy Era Campaign Guide

Sometimes Wookieepedia can come in handy. I've checked and all four have a visual representation of Darth Maladi.

Star Wars Legacy Comics

Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide - Special Edition

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Star Wars Saga Edition: Legacy Era Campaign Guide

Sometimes Wookieepedia can come in handy. I've checked and all four have a visual representation of Darth Maladi.

Do the other sources have original artwork, or are they just reprints of the comic art? I don't think "double dipping" with the same picture would count; it hasn't in the past.

Pam :-)

Guest Daritha

I can't tell about "The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia" but the pictures in the "Legacy Era Campaign Guide" are definetly original artwork. I just looked it up again and can tell that everything displayed in the RPG book is original work of the artists.

On the other side, "Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide - Special Edition" contains of recopies - but of "Legacy 0" respective "Legacy 1/2" (here's a preview page). I don't know if these issues are counting to be part of the ongoing series or mere additional material.

Guest Anonymous

Very nice work! May I ask what you made the headpiece from? And what brand of paint you used for the makeup? Any troubles with it rubbing off? Curious since making myself red is also in my future! ;)