• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte Strapping/Assembly Help

themacalu

Hi guys any help here? If you can take photos of the straps that would be great!

My chest has a webbing strap snapped to each shoulder that come over and around the back. They cross in an X in the back, and then are joined to a piece that runs horizontal and connects to each lower side. This lower piece of webbing has a snap on each side that connects to the armor.

DBB6F3D8-5D92-4D16-A954-8E988C13BEA3_zps2l2xekln.jpg

My shoulder bells connect to the X chest strap at the top. I dont have a pic of it though, but it's like connecting TK shoulder bells.

My gauntlets have no straps. I have padding inside them, and once they are on, I insert a piece of black cloth which takes up the excess room and adds a little bit more padding. I like having these be removable, because it makes getting the gauntlets on easier. (They aren't too tight to get on and off.)

I hope this helps a bit!

Gauntlet padding details:

2 pieces of padding attached with E6000 around the interior circumference near the wide end of the gauntlet (closest to the elbow.)

the removable piece of cloth is inserted at the wrist after the gauntlet is on. This keeps it a little more secure.

Yes it is Wolfgang's armor. It arrived in May and was probably one of the last kits he made before he went on hiatus.

What armor are you working with and how is it going?

If you have more questions you can PM me for my email address. I'll be happy to help as much as I can.

I have the Mynock kit from Taras but I'm still missing some of the leg, cod, and neck pieces. I have the MystikMerchant robe but I'm thinking of a wool upgrade once I complete everything. I still don't have a Sith Acolyte-specific saber but I do have a couple of Sith ones I can use.

I'm just waiting for Taras to finish the rest of the kit before I start with the strap assembly. For now I'm just sanding/buffing the pieces I already have.

I have the Mynock kit from Taras but I'm still missing some of the leg, cod, and neck pieces. I have the MystikMerchant robe but I'm thinking of a wool upgrade once I complete everything. I still don't have a Sith Acolyte-specific saber but I do have a couple of Sith ones I can use.

I'm just waiting for Taras to finish the rest of the kit before I start with the strap assembly. For now I'm just sanding/buffing the pieces I already have.

Cool- Taras is doing incredible work. I have one of his masks and I love it. I can't wait to see his complete kit!

Good luck with your build!