• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Marvelous Maris Mayhem :D

FireflyEmbers

Hello!

I just started working on my Maris last night and before i progress too much further I wanted to ask a couple of quick questions, as my main goal is to get approved with the 501st:

1. Material. I know the color it needs to be for the pants. I have some beautiful dark brown lycra that would work perfectly... but it's lycra. Yay or nay on acceptable material?

2. forr the tube top, I want to be able to make it fairly snug. What fasteners have you all used and can suggest? I was thinking about a corset style lace up... but, again, not sure if that would be ok. :D

Thanks all for looking and happy trooping! :D

1 When in doubt, always check the costuming library. http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Maris_brood

It doesn't tell you which particular kind of fabric you should use for the pants; if it looks good it's fine.

(My "under-trousers" are lyrca, my mockchaps are fake leather.)

2 What I can suggest for the tube top is hiding the fasteners on the side, under your arms.

I've used bra-clips myself.

It's quite hard to make it fit perfectly, especially with leather-like fabric, but it's doable :D

Good luck and I'm curious to see your progress!