• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

starkiller hoth

darthrem

20150511_175943_zpsmbmuethe.jpgURL=http://s877.photobucket.com/user/rem78/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150511_180004_zpsjrcfc8pv.jpg.html]20150511_180004_zpsjrcfc8pv.jpg[/url]

Its looking fantastic! My one concern would be in the material you used in the belly area. While I 100% understand that this material is from a game and conforms outside of the constraints of real life. The particular pleather you have chosen gives very little "give" if you try and move around a lot in it your going to wrinkle it very quickly. They are not quite adhering to your natural form quite as nice as something of a softer pleather would. You can also see on the sides of his body the leather thins out a lot on the sides. It gives him body shape and form so he has a lot of movement.

I hope that made any sense.

The metal looks fantastic to!

Ill tell you a secret. The CRL is only second to the Reference, some may argue with me on that however on the 501 builds ive completed that had CRLS I used reference and showed proof as to why I was making the changes I was. :) Youll be ok!

Who is Claudio Olvider, and is he still making these gauntlet gloves?

Just an update, Claudio Olvider is still making the gloves, and is currently asking for $190.00 per glove plus $30 shipping.

I bought a $50 pair of leather gloves, and I am having a local leather worker make the modifications for $100.

This costume is so great and I want to see more progress! :)

The CRL image seems to just be Funtasma skywalker-100 and I would say those are a huge no. :) just follow your ref and you'll be ok