• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

WTB Soundboard & install for Sith Acolyte hilt

Punkers

Hi all,

I purchased this hilt on Etsy for my new Sith Acolyte build, and am looking to have the sound effects, flash on clash, a new & more accurate switch, and MHS compatible pommel added to it if necessary.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/98452583/s ... ustom-sith

I do not have any experience with electronics and soldering, so I wondered if anyone may be able to point me in the direction of someone that might be able to assist me with this that does good quality work at a FAIR price. I've been quoted almost 4x the price of the hilt itself to install what I want, which is absurd, so if you can't beat that then please don't bother.

Thanks in advance for your input !

I actually did contact a few people through those forums on a referral from TCSS, but they either wouldn't do it or were charging the 4x the price of the hilt to install :(

Guest ChicagoVader

what type of soundboard do you want in it? What type of LED, for a decent soundboard and LED you are looking at about $150 right there, then you have to add in switches, battery, etc and Labor. Converting my ESB Vader saber I think I spent $200 at least.

quick video of the saber in question, my crappy cellphone camera does not do it justice at all.

I would be willing to do the work for you but you will need to decide what soundboard and such for me to give you an accurate price estimate. I can assure you it won't be 4X the price of your saber.

Well my hilt already has a Luxeon LED for the blade, I was just looking at putting in a good soundboard that has adjustable delays for different lengths and types of blades, flash on clash would be nice but not necessary, a new cooler looking and more accurate external igniter switch (the one it comes with is a basic black push button), and depending on the pommel cap that's on it, it may need a new one to work with the sound or a replacement pommel (which could require machining).

I don't know which soundboard to get for the money and quality , so I'm open to suggestion. I've only really heard of the obsidian soundboard that ultrasabers uses but I've been cautioned their stuff is inferior quality.

Guest ChicagoVader

The Spark by NEC is a good board and not badly priced at $100. I would suggest replacing the Rebel LED with an X2 by Daniel Lane AKA Tythos Ridge customs from the IRA forum I believe it would be $35 with the resistors already wired up and it would be in a heat sink unit with lens for the LED or $20 for just the LED.

As for the pommel and switch do you have pics? Without seeing them it's hard to make a suggestion. I could do the install for $100.

Here is a link to the Spark board http://saberigniter.com/spark.aspx

X2 led without heatsink unit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-2-ULTRA-BRIGH ... 3a81273ee6

If you want it with the described heatsink unit I am sure you could contact him through eBay. Not sure what type of heatsink the saber currently has.

What color would you want for the flash on clash effect? I went with white for mine but amber is another popular choice. With the X2 you would want red,red, and double of what ever color you want for FOC.