• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Dark Flower's - Lumiya WIP

Guest Dark Flower

Guest Dark Flower

Hey all, thanks for reading my thread.

Needing some major repairs on my costume "Zam Wesell", so I thought before I took her apart, I would look into creating my 3rd character. I decided on Lumiya.

I need helpful suggestions though as I know in the past I have done what was proper and came out being wrong. However this character doesn't yet have a Standard yet, that I can find, so as it stands I am guessing I have a little wiggle room.

If there is, I would really like to know. Thanks!

Guest Dark Flower

The Black Suit:

BlackSuit01.JPG

BlackSuit02.JPGBlackSuit03.JPG

And the with the gloves:

BlackSuitWithGloves02.JPGBlackSuitWithGloves01.JPG

COST:

$21.73 for black suit

$21.73 for silver suit

$6.51 for silver gloves

Shipping:

$20.39

Total: $70.36 (so far)

I had to do an online search for this character. I'm not so versed in the EU and as it doesn't have a CRL yet I couldn't see what you are going for.

Always nice to see new costumes develop so I'll be following your build with interest.

Time to set the standard and write a CRL. :)

Guest Dark Flower

LeMaxim.

Oh I am not the first one. I am closely following DAngel version, with some changes. She did a great job! But it is really hard to find 2 references that match one another on the character.

However thanks for the following.

Guest Dark Flower

I know there had been some discussion on shoes. I bought two kinds yesterday, and I wanted to make sure which of the two are okay. Thanks, in advance, DL's for letting me know when you can.

Here are the shoe differences.

Little Raised - $19 (Before and After Silver -test)

shoeVer02.JPGshoeVer02with%20silver.JPG

(harder to get foot in for test, hence the wrinkles in the fabric)

Flats -$7 (Before and After Silver -test)

shoeVer01.JPGshoeVer01with%20silver.JPG

(I think I am liking these better) but what I return depends on the DL.

Guest Dark Flower

I would really like to carry on, on this. My Garrison said talk with the DL so here I am.

I am guessing the flatter shoes are better, but would really like to know before I take either one back.

I also went ahead and bought the fabric, and would like to keep going.

Please any DL let me know if I am heading in the right direction before i go on.

Thanks!

I would really like to carry on, on this. My Garrison said talk with the DL so here I am.

I am guessing the flatter shoes are better, but would really like to know before I take either one back.

I also went ahead and bought the fabric, and would like to keep going.

Please any DL let me know if I am heading in the right direction before i go on.

Thanks!

It looks great, but I´m not very familiar with this character - you need to write our DL Thomas (The Clone Emperor ) a pm ;)

Guest Dark Flower

Thanks for responding!

I thought I had, but I will PM him the link to my forum page. I can understand how a forum can be daunting and a pain to follow every post! :P Especially as a DL.

Guest Dark Flower

But of course...:) Just eager to keep going on the project....as I am sure a lot of people understand.

Guest Dark Flower

Okay, well I guess I will return the other shoes. I would REALLY like to get going on this...please!!!! :)

Dear Dark Flower

I really want to help but do not have time to find the reference images, you Might do the job and put all pictures here you have available or in the gallery of images that you use reference? Can use dropbox links or another webpage (deviantart, blog, etc) that you can use.

Guest Dark Flower

That is the thing. I have tonnes of images, however it seems that there is not one Lumiya reference image that is a-like. I will however post what I can, but without an official CRL I hesitate to go any further. Also I have seen some others, complete the Lumiya, and am wondering why theirs hasn't been approved yet. Do I or I do I not use them as reference? That is the question.

Thank you so much for your reply Okashi, however I am guessing without Thomas' response and official list of okays...I have to hold off.

Good evening,

There may be various interpretations of a character. For 501st consideration, you need to pick one. To narrow it down, look at the publication dates on the comics you have amassed as serious reference. Unless you simply did an image search on google. This is an OK option too, but it pays to then hunt down the publishing date, work, and artists.

With this information, you can get a scope of her official appearance and when it was defined. You can also weed out fan images from Deviant Art.

Lumiya the character has a lot of milage in the SW EU. (She was first depicted as an android.) Her character evolved many tymes, but it is her final incarnation as a cyborg following the ways of the Sith that is most popular.

lumiya.jpg

This costume by former SL Detachment Leader Leanne Malroy at CV I find quite well done;

183109_10150154201619623_3008697_n.jpg

Equally worthy of applause is Russian Outpost CO Alyona Varivonchik’s

dark_lady_of_the_sith_lumiya_by_alyonadangel-d56sjet.jpg

Between the two different costumes and the wealth of references, a commonalty is established. Choose an LFL created reference that documents this and use that as your guide.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Dark Flower

Thank you Thomas for getting back to me. I appreciate it. The first image you posted has been almost exactly what I have been following. I am going to create my own CRL and figure things out based on the feedback I get. Thanks!

Head-Dress

- black material, same as Cape

- material forms a upside-down rigid V, shaped down to ones head

- material forms a nose and mouth cover

- rigid silver band across fore-head

- silver cheek plates which sit just under cheek bones

Cape (looks as though it carries from head-dress)

- black material, same as Head-Dress

- finished at bottom (no torn)

Suit

- black spandex or skin fitting material

- painted silver lines drawn on similar to a few references seen

Shoulder chest piece

- silver spandex to match leg and arm

- angular dropped to right hip from pauldron on other side.

- coves right shoulder

Pauldron (left shoulder)

- hard silver coloured (material covered)

Chest Plate

- similar design as Vader's but smaller

- placed just under mid-chest

Gloves

- silver spandex material (same as legs)

- at elbow it splits to form a point approx. half length of upper arm

Legs

- silver spandex material (same as gloves)

- material wraps under footwear

- splits about knee to show under suit outside of leg material goes up and under belt

Belt

- metal or shiny wood, rectangular middle piece

- metal or shiny wood, 2 triangular pieces (tip cut off) pointing inwards to center, touching center

- metal or shiny wood, multiple smaller square pieces completing rest of belt, spaced not touching center

- pieces are placed on a 3 horizontal striped belt (option A: black, gray, black) (option B: dark gray, light gray, dark gray)

Footwear

- no heels

- material wraps under footwear

Saber (whip) - to own interpretation

- metal tube with cut outs 3 inches down by 1-1.5 inches

- long lit (red) tubing (5-7 strands, depending on thickness) about 4-5 feet