• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out theĀ New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Re-crafting a lightsaber to a Revan's

Guest Crixe

Guest Crixe

So I have the lovely idea of making myself a set of lightsabers because I want to have two of them for my Raven costume (the Red/Purple Combination as per approved). I've got my hands on two Darth Vader Ultimate FX Lightsaber (long name...) that are currently Darth Vader I know I can completely dismantle them and recast new hilts but I have a few questions firstly being does anyone know a site that list some of the conversations of internal parts and what the scale of the saber is I haven't been able to get an accurate measurement of them and I'd like to draw it up in 3Ds first to get it printed out maybe even do a 3d printing of it if I find someone local. I'm mainly interested in just pulling the board over turning the light colors and wondering if there are any kits around that aren't say $300 dollars. Any help please would be lovely.

The Custom Saber Shop is a decent place to find interchangeable parts, but depending on what you want, 300 sounds about right for a kit from top to bottom. Any more from someone is probably parts and labor for the electronics work.

Guest Crixe

I can do the wiring myself my father was a communications engineer worked on electronics for decades so I just want the LED strip I guess if it comes down to it I'll just buy a chain of LED and swap out the existing ones on the board. Probably a lot easier to buy LEDs in purple but I was hoping for maybe a premade string that I could just swap myself. I'll make the saber on my own. I just need a scale reference. I haven't been able to find something that says "sabers are these average measurements" in general.

Guest Crixe

Interesting I'll check more into that, seeing as I already bought LED's I'm a bit SOL but that would be a neat way to go.