• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

StungunMoy's Nightsister in Progress

Guest StungunMoy

Guest StungunMoy

I'm completely addicted to the Nightsister costumes. I can honestly say I dont think I've found anything more appealing, costume-wise. Just everything about it screams my name! I made one version of the sith witch already based off of the Star Wars Galaxies game (I think thats where my obsession derived from...in the game, they just scared me SOO much. And thats hard to do, especially in a video game!)

5mary-1.jpg

Below is a picture of me being whooped by a Nightsister :) This is where most of the features of my costume come from, but I pretty much took everything I liked about all of the nightsisters in the game and put it into one solid form, so I cheated!

nsencounter1.jpg

*(and sorry the pictures are so big...)

nightsisterfromdave.jpg

BUT NOW! I'm working on another one :)

nightsister1.jpg

I've only been working on the headpiece thus far...but this is what I got! (*NOT COMPLETE! STILL LOTS OF WORK TO DO TO IT! :) ..and the foam head is much smaller than my ACTUAL head, so the little chin piece fits snuggly under my chin. I implanted a little bit of elastic between two "bones" so that when I open and close my mouth they wont brea off! :D and it still has the look of being firmly set against my skin

sithhat2.jpg

sithwitchhead2.jpg

sithwitchhead3.jpg

I wish I could get better pictures of the back..its so intricate and "narly" (sp?) it makes me giddy :) It makes it look like I put the thing on and went out into the jungle for a few years! I'm having a lot of fun working on it. Its nice to go browsing for beads and material that looks tribal! (Once again..sorry for the big pictures T_T)

Much awesome!

I've been watching your progress on this on the TF.N C&P forum..it rocks.

So, you're, uh coming to D*C, right? ;)

It'd be uber cool to have a Nightsister/Sith Witch group photo (even if there's only 2-3).

Guest StungunMoy

I am going to D*C but the question is whether I can bring my nightsister headpiece on the plane...I'm doing a Visas Marr too and I'm bringing that one for sure because it isnt going to be as delicate, but the costume I'm going to be most passionate/in love with is the nightsister one but I dont want to damage it by trying to smuggle it on a plane! :(

(And I really REALLY appreciate all of the great comments :) Thank you! You guys are a great bunch!)

If you want you can mail it to one of us, we'll gladly receive & store it for you. I live ~15mins from where D*C is held, so if something weird comes up and i can't make it, you'll still receive it. i know other "jawjans" have offered this up too.

Up to you naturally, just know there's a work-around for the plane.

Guest StungunMoy

HhhhhhhHHHhmmmm :) That sounds like something I definitely should look into...I thought about shipping it before, but I didnt have anyone to ship it to really so I just dropped the idea immediately, but alas! you brought me hope :) i'm going to keep this in mind and when it gets closer to the con I'll maybe probably harass one of you (NICELY).

Guest Anonymous

Just wear it on the plane and tell them its religious head gear!!! :shock:

in all seriousness though - you could probably fashion a nice hard cover bin with some sort of suspension webbing in it to protect your headdress in....

Guest Anonymous
If you want you can mail it to one of us, we'll gladly receive & store it for you. I live ~15mins from where D*C is held, so if something weird comes up and i can't make it, you'll still receive it. i know other "jawjans" have offered this up too.

Up to you naturally, just know there's a work-around for the plane.

He took the words right outta' my mouth!!! :lol:

(My Apprentice, I trained you well.... :wink:

Seriously, it's no problem. :wink::twisted:

Guest StungunMoy

The suspension part you mentioned is what confused me. I "THINK" i know what you are talking about, but for some reason I'm getting a very solid image of a killer whale being transported out of water in one of those big blue tarps.

And I'm almost completely forgetting about the long feathers that are included into this costume...I could just find a way to pin those to the outfit I'm wearing that day and if anyone asks on the plane I'll just say I thought they looked nice with my outfit ;)

Give me a minute while I eat my words...

Just remember...i live in the south...want some gravy with that? :P

just get a long tube...like a poster-tube kind of thing.

Ya....they make practically indestructible ones too.

Additionally, the USPS has a triangular shaped mailing "tube" that is tough as nails. I received my saber hilt in a small one of these and it looked like it came straight out of the post office store....and was ridiculously sturdy.

0-1098m_d.jpg

Guest StungunMoy

I'M SORRY! I thought you guys were freakin' nuts about proportion but apparently I'm just a nerd and cant keep up with conversations ;) I dont remember seeing a transition from headpiece to feathers, so I thought we were still on that topic :P

And I'm almost completely forgetting about the long feathers that are included into this costume...I could just find a way to pin those to the outfit I'm wearing that day and if anyone asks on the plane I'll just say I thought they looked nice with my outfit ;)

:twisted:

Guest StungunMoy

...you are a waste of space. GET OUT!

And yes, I "GUESS" i DID make a comment about the feathers in the costume..but I kind of presented it as a self-rant where I was mumbling to myself for no one else to hear. BUT LO! someone did hear :)