• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

NTX Visas Build

Darth Sunshine

The gloves were done with Jacquard Lumiere silver fabric paint.  I used thin strips of tape to determine where I wanted the stripes to go.  When I was happy with the placement, I masked off the tape with more tape, peeled off the place holders and painted them.

36173969874_df424b6030_z.jpg

Still haven’t sent in submission pics.  After I saw full body pictures from my first round of submission photos, I realized the hem was a little uneven and long overall.  But soon… I’ll get there eventually, so sad I missed out on the shirts. ;w;

• Like 1

Gotten a few questions about my makeup, so for future reference here's what I use.

Foundation - I didn't do anything to make myself pale. That's just my skin color and the foundation I use on a regular basis. >___>;;;  

I contour my cheekbones to give myself a gaunt look, but I haven't done the whole full-blown veiny dark side look yet.

Lipcolor - I use Maybelline's Superstay 24 Hour Lipcolor in Constantly Cabernet.  It really lives up to its name; this will stay on for hours and hours and hours. (I usually need a remover to get it off).  It's perfect for conventions.

• Like 1

It's been about six and a half years since I debuted this costume, and I wanted to talk about how the Siser EasyWeed Heat Transfer Vinyl I used for the gold trim is holding up.  I was getting everything ready to troop with my Visas costume for the first time since the Before Times a few weeks ago, and found that the top part the golden trim on the veil had begun to crack and flake off a bit.    Everything else looks great, but this particular piece is subject to more wear and tear than the others since the veil gets stretched a bit when I put it on, and sometimes I tug on it if the veil rides up during a troop.

Fortunately the Lumiere paint in True Gold, a popular choice for painting the gold details on, is a good match to the EasyWeed in Gold, and it touched up nicely. However, I'm going to replace it so that it's back to looking 100% since this is a part of the costume people tend to scrutinize carefully when they try to figure out how I see out of it. 

So to anyone researching this costume:  buy some extra chiffon for your eyepiece for so you can replace it as needed if you choose to use Heat Transfer Vinyl for your trim. And be mindful of tugging on this part so that the vinyl will last longer.

• Like 1